Domain Empire

May I have problem with aboutBillGates.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I registered this domain just to make a little provocation.

I am preparing a little site where I will invite the visitors to do not be so much interested at the richest man in the world (I believe he don't need even more attention) but to think for a moment to the poorest one.
That's all.
What is your opinion?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As long as you do not knock on him I would imagine it would be alright.

•••
As long as nothing you say is deragatory (sp?) towards Mr. Gates, you won't have a problem.

•••
Good to hear that, I hope you are right.

I am not going to insultate Mr Bill Gates , in this case I could incour in problems anyway.

I am reading many articles about trademarks infringments and I've got the idea that things are done in such way to confuse instead to clarify the situation.

For istance one think I don't like (if I well understand) is that if a company have registered a brand , then automatically the same name may not be registered by anyone else as domain name....but if one register a good domain name and someone (with much more money) decide to steal this name and to register it as a brand he is allowed to do it....
is it that correct?
What do you think about?

Last edited:
•••
If you have even a hint of commercial use, expect a C & D letter anyway.

•••
Make sure you dont put any ads on, or if you do dont put anything to do with software or any other services microsoft offer lol

•••
Feel free to knock him. As long as the site is commentary or educational and makes it clear that it is not owned or endorsed by him you will probably be OK. There are dozens of UDRP precedents to support your position. Search decisions of the keyword “sucks”.

•••
If you hand regged it, its probably because no one else want to touch it lol, but theres probably no problem, dont use the M$ logo or any slander and dont try and sell it to them

•••
If you do put different things about him on it he would prob do his best to get it.....

If you do put different things about him on it he would prob do his best to get it..... that is if he finds the website though...

•••
FYI, BillGates.com is parked. At least you're planning on developing a site. I probably wouldn't be too worried.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back