domain marktplaats dot dk -- marketplace -- up to 10 million monthly searches

NameSilo
Watch

Paul123

Established Member
Impact
Thanks in advance for any appraisals.

marktplaats dot dk

marktplaats (Danish) translates to marketplace. The .dk is the ccTLD for Denmark. Hands up this was a hand reg valued by eBot at $23,000 (means nothing I know ;)).

What did appeal was the amount of monthly searches -- keywords kicks out up to 10 million monthly searches which is pretty high IMHO.

I know hand reg's are a long shot but for the sake of 10 bucks I thought I would take a 'punt'.

Have a great day all.

Best,
Paul

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Paul,

Interesting. I own the domain MARKTENPLAATS.NL. I was told that the domain is trademarked. I also understood it meant "Marketplace" in Dutch.

May someone speaking Dutch/Danish can clarify?

Regards

Pierre

Last edited:
•••
Hi Pierre.

According to Google translate both spellings mean market place. I am not sure if you could trademark the word marketplace though ???? It seems to be a to wide term IMO. Let's hope a Danish speaking forum member will help out ;)

In fact I'll start a new thread and ask in general discussion.

Best,
Paul

Last edited:
•••
•••
You summoned me? ;)

No its not Danish.. The Danish word is "markedsplads". The other spelling seems Dutch to me as Pierre pointed out. So no word does not match extension. Afraid your 10$ punt is a loss.

Also, no way there are 10 million searches on this. Sounds like keyword tool is STILL giving out false stats, for non spending accounts.

Also as Kate mentioned, we have very very strict conduct rules on domains. Amongst is paragraph about bad faith registrations. Basically you cant advertise a .DK for sale unless the price matches your expenses or you are selling a complete business. Otherwise a Danish domain dispute can be opened for less than 100 USD and they take away many domains each year.

Have a look here:
https://www.domaeneklager.dk/uk/decisions/chronological/

Only decisions from 2013 or before have been translated to English, but should give you an idea of how strict these rules are.

•••
Thanks Kate and Promo. Keywords say between 1 -- 10 million monthly searches so maybe I exaggerated a little much to my shame. Marktplaats is a strong keyword though either way. As experienced domainers do think there's any mileage in the domain ? Thanks for taking time out of your day to post on the thread.

@Pierre Barnard -- sorry mate but this was posted on the other thread by a Dutch speaker.......

I speak Dutch and Marktplaats.nl is a huge and very popular website in Holland. It is owned by eBay and is very similar to eBay.

Marktenplaats.nl doesn't make sense as Markt is singular and means Market and Markten is plural for Market.

Nobody is saying Markten.

I hope this helps.

•••
No value what so ever.

I own two .dk names and both are LL ... I dont expect to cash out big on either.

•••
marktplaats.nl is a big site and company in the netherlands just like ebay.
What are the search results in denmark?
I think the searche results are all from holland.

•••
I am sure they are all from Holland, since its a Dutch word. But they are like 17 million people. Seems like a lot of searches for the use base.

•••
Marktplaats.nl has 1 million visitors a day!

•••
They have 1 million unique visitors per day?

•••
•••
Where did you get that info?

•••
I have german Marktplatz.co.uk & Marktplatz.uk, it has Estibot 27.000 & 4.200 or something like that.

•••
Yeah. They are pretty much worthless. Its a german word.

More interested in learning where dt13 got his stat info. Could be useful unless its from the site itself.

•••
I'm Dutch. Like someone said Marktplaats.nl is a Dutch spinoff of Ebay. It's huge. The founder sold it to Ebay - back in 2004 - for 225 million Euros ;) Good ROI since he started from scratch in 1999.

BTW I do not see any value for Marktplaats.dk ? The same with Marktplatz.co.uk or Markedsplads.de. I wonder if they´d get even a handful of type/ins per month.

Last edited:
•••
I'm from Holland and trust me marktplaats.nl is one of the biggest ecommercesites in the country.
Everybody is using it and knows marktplaats.nl.

•••
Sure, I believe you, its a well know website.

I wanted to know where you had the stat info of 1 million uniques per day from. I was not able to find that figure, so I would like to know how you got it. Could be useful for me.

•••
•••
Maybe it's a keeper for a few months. Who knows -- I've linked it to my site for some 'feedback' from my mate Google Analytics.

Nah -- it won't happen I know. I ain't dropping just yet though.

Best,
Paul

Ediit -- eBot gives 6 mill searches a month. Worth developing a website ?

Last edited:
•••
Drop it, marktplaats is a dutch word so it won't mean anything for a .dk name

As you've stated above marktplaats in Danish means markedsplads

Just translate it;)

•••
Hi Paul,

Interesting. I own the domain MARKTENPLAATS.NL. I was told that the domain is trademarked. I also understood it meant "Marketplace" in Dutch.

May someone speaking Dutch/Danish can clarify?

Regards

Pierre

The famous one is marktplaats.nl whi h means Marketplace

Yours is Marketsplace or Market and place for the EN in the middle. Weird it's trademarked as markt en plaats or markten plaats are normal common ditch words here

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back