Dynadot

humor Man behind the (.mobi) curtain revealed!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gregr

Perfectname.comEstablished Member
Impact
Man behind the curtain revealed!

pinky.gif

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Post reported as vapid and you as pointless. You should just be banned at this point.

•••
movingconcierge said:
Post reported as vapid and you as pointless. You should just be banned at this point.

You guys are so sensitive. :)

•••
•••
Seeing everyone is whining already .... Moved to "Domain Discussion"

Lets just leave the .mobi section alone .... Too sensitive ....

As far as banning Greg goes , We can't - He's built in to the software :red:

Last edited:
•••
Just tired of you and others like your pointless opinions.

Thanks for the support, Mark. I'm underwhelmed...as usual.

It appears that the "Rules" that mgmt put together mean about as much as what I flushed this morning. :sick:

Mark said:
Seeing everyone is whining already .... Moved to "Domain Discussion"

Lets just leave the .mobi section alone .... Too sensitive ....

As far as banning Greg goes , We can't - He's built in to the software :red:

•••
movingconcierge said:
Just tired of you and others like your pointless opinions.

Thanks for the support, Mark. I'm underwhelmed...as usual.

It appears that the "Rules" that mgmt put together mean about as much as what I flushed this morning. :sick:

Sound like this is an owner of some worthless .mobi's. (I think they are all worthless at this point)

•••
MORE BILK

:D

Is that the wizard of bilk?

•••
•••
You guys dont want us to "Discuss" serious/funny/negative things in the .mobi forum section .... Nothing wrong with the main Discussion section IMO -

BTW - This Industry requires a sense of humor. Not everyone is in "Business" mode 24-7 you know ? Look at my avatar and profile pic For Petes Sake.

Would the Break room make everyone happy ?

It's easy to see who the Flying Monkeys are now :p

•••
If you say that be prepared to say the same about .tv, .us, and .biz too as .mobi sales have mostly out performed all of those recently and it's less than a year old...sour grapes I tell you...

As for worthless mobi's I made my investment back in the first three weeks and have been happily in the black every since. :) How's that lame ass dual hyphen three word "generic" .com you're peddling now a days :laugh:

nitronet said:
Sound like this is an owner of some worthless .mobi's. (I think they are all worthless at this point)

•••
pulling up a chair and some popcorn...

•••
•••
You just don't get it, Mark. If it were just a joke that didn't directly effect my INVESTMENT, I'd laugh. But since this jackylneck has already stated he is on the forum to disparage .mobi names, hence my INVESTMENT, I aint F'ing laughing...

You have stated your opinion as not supporting .mobi INVESTMENTS either, so your support of this negative BS is totally understandable, but don't let it affect your role as admin. You are supposed to enforce the MOST RECENTLY created rules not call people who ask for enforcement whiners and monkeys. What a load of shit.

The Supposed Rules said:
The bases of these rules are to encourage business attitude in this newly created tld section and to stop puerile acts.

1. This forum was created to assist in information, discussion and questions regarding the newly created .mobi extension. This forum is not for advertising YOUR OWN mobile websites, however linking of .mobi websites of interest pertaining to the topic is acceptable.

Rule 1 Exception:

1. a. In regards to rule #1 you are ALLOWED to post your own website ONCE in the .mobi forum asking for a review on your website. This is a common practice and this exception to rule one will only be here until deemed unnecessary. If you are found to have posted your website before asking for a review unless significant updates occurred during that time it will be classified as advertising and not fall under this exception and therefore deleted.

2. The .mobi Marketplace is used for selling, buying, and trading of .mobi names AND .mobi websites, .mobi names/sites ONLY are permitted in that section. Any other extension threads will be deleted, if you wish to sell mobile related domains with another extension than .mobi please use the normal Domain for Sale section.

3. All discussions about .mobi are to be kept clean and will be monitored. If they are found to discourage the development, buying, selling, and usage of .mobi names without reason these threads will be closed or deleted depending on the original topic. (NOT MOVED TO THE SHARK TANK) Example, if you create a thread about .mobi development issues. This is acceptable. But if you create a thread about .mobi has too many development issues, which discourages the development of .mobi this thread will be deleted immediately. Depending on the topic you may find yourself banned from Namepros.

4. Any parties found to be constantly questioning the .mobi extension will find themselves asked to leave the .mobi forum. This forum was created to discuss the .mobi extension, not question its existence.

5. Spamming, or trolling of the .mobi threads will find yourself banned. This includes posts that are less than 2 words. Example “Great!” and “Thanks”. We ask you please take time to write an actual reply rather than just one word. This is to prevent the overwhelming amount of posts that happen in your .mobi section allowing for people looking for actual information to find it quickly.

6. Advertising of your own products and websites even if they pertain to .mobi are to be placed on the For Sale / Advertising section on the normal Namepros forum. Any threads found to be promoting (your) own websites will either be deleted or moved to this section.

We appreciate everyone’s willingness to follow these rules. We hold the right to edit this rules on a need to basis.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
movingconcierge said:
If you say that be prepared to say the same about .tv, .us, and .biz too as .mobi sales have mostly out performed all of those recently and it's less than a year old...sour grapes I tell you...

As for worthless mobi's I made my investment back in the first three weeks and have been happily in the black every since. :) How's that lame **** dual hyphen three word "generic" .com you're peddling now a days :laugh:
Congratulations. It must be so hard to be in the black in the domain industry. Something definitely to brag about. I have lost all my savings from ccTLDs :td: :td: , sooo hard to make profit these days. Perhaps I should sell my college books for more cash.

.mobi outperforming .tv? Please. The hype sale of flowers.mobi doesn't count. And STILL, sports.tv is higher then that. Get your facts straight.

Three word generic hyphen .com name? I don't see those for sale. Please show me Marks "three word generic hyphen .com names". At least these hyphen names are useful instead of worthless hyphen .mobi names where its a pain in the ass to even type a hyphen on your cellphone.

Talking crap to an administrator is going to get you in deep trouble pretty quickly, so you should cool your temper and just go back into your .mobi shell. Then again, I am sure you could "ignore" him like all the other people you have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Sam said:
Congratulations. It must be so hard to be in the black in the domain industry. Something definitely to brag about. I have lost all my savings from ccTLDs :td: :td: , sooo hard to make profit these days. Perhaps I should sell my college books for more cash.

.mobi outperforming .tv? Please. The hype sale of flowers.mobi doesn't count. And STILL, sports.tv is higher then that. Get your facts straight.
Amen! :)

Ty Maier

•••
Yes, big problem Tim. You are trying to compare apples with oranges. IF .TV was launched THIS YEAR instead of back in 2002 (when the internet usage was SMALLER then today, and thus demand was SMALLER), sales would be just as high, due to the hype it would cause.

Oh yes, lets compare something more similar. The CRAPPY .EU failure extension, where it was badly mishandled in all directions, much smaller potential then even .mobi.

Hotels.eu $329,509 2006-08-29 Sedo

Land rush was in April 2006. So you see, hype has a way of over inflating every new extension coming out. Hmm, look at .EU now. Looks familiar? I advise you search for all the .eu threads, back in the ".EU hype age".

•••
My apologies to you HasRob. You were right. DamnSam on the otherhand...jury's out.

Oh, btw: chew on THIS. I don't see any campaigns about ordering on your TV :bah: :laugh:

•••
movingconcierge said:
My apologies to you HasRob. You were right. DamnSam on the otherhand...jury's out.

Oh, btw: chew on THIS. I don't see any campaigns about ordering on your TV :bah: :laugh:

;) Noproblemo

•••
movingconcierge said:
If it were just a joke that didn't directly effect my INVESTMENT, I'd laugh.

Your investment is a joke and a house of cards. Not that .mobi had a chance anyway but domainers killed .mobi right out the starting gates. When speculators own 99% + of the registrations, the extension is doomed. You guys will continue selling each other .mobis, driving up the cost, preventing end users from jumping onto the .mobi bandwagon. This will continue until .mobi comes crashing down. Then .mobi has a slim chance at success. The chance is slim because technology will have run circles around .mobi by then.

Sure you will say what about these huge corporations that protected their brand by paying $20 for a .mobi. Or the minuscule amount of developed .mobi sites that won't recover their .mobi investment. None of this will help your investment. Thank your lucky stars you had a plethora of suckers to sell enough .mobis to get back into the black.

•••
movingconcierge said:

Who wants to buy a domain by pressing 9? :D

•••
I like .mobi and I still thought it was funny, Pinky as the 'Wizard of Mobi' - there is some truth to it as it's all in the marketing and hustling of the .mobi brand - except .mobi will hopefully make it for real, unlike the wizard of oz.

.mobi won't be made or broken by what's said in these forums.

•••
Gregr, can I have 2 of your gold spinning stars since you have so few posts but obviously a few years registered?

:p ;)

•••
^^If that graphic came from a friendlier source like scandi or someone I would have laughed. But the OP had already stated that it was his mission to disparage .mobi here.

I agree that the beat goes on, but if this joker gets in the head of a one of the new member buyers, I am gonna be pissed off. It's not his right, according to the rules, to chase away buyers because he has a tickle feather up his hoo haa about .mobi.

[edit]It doesn't help that mgmt shields him from the rules just because he is senior...remember wow!? How is this different?[/edit]

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back