IT.COM

Making Any Money?

NameSilo
Watch
Well first of all, I'm 17, and I've been exposed to computers since I was about 12, as my dad worked for Adobe and got programs like PageMill and Photoshop for free. I run 4 sites (2 pro wrestling, 1 sports, 1 gaming), and between them all I make about $400 a month. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it pays for my car insurance and phone bills, so it all works out. I still have a part time job at Best Buy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
site looks good to me :)

congrats :tu:

•••
Dwayne said:
well since i'm on 56k.. i download while i'm sleeping, let you know tomorrow :)

ewwwww 56k! Thanks sabre!

•••
i know it sucks being on 56k, do you have any screen shots of the halo game?

•••
I haven't taken any yet. Sorry :(

•••
I'm 15, and I've been using computers since I was 3 or 4. (My dad brought one from UK when he visited once) Since I am 15 I have no PP or CC or anything like that so I make nothing.

Sorry to hear about your crappy modem Dwayne.

•••
lol.. its okay, i just finished downloading CS and Night Of The Living Dead (1960s) took about a week :X

•••
Hi im 13 and i own a Free Webhosting Site and soon going to make Excel9.com which will be my Paid Webhosting Site.

•••
13? You're probabally the youngest user, and now I'm the 2nd youngest user :) or :( I'm not sure what... :?

Just curious how do you own a hosting site?

•••
I pay around $25 USD a month for a reseller from a friend

Well im trying to earn money by buying good domains and selling them for 3 times more then i bought them for so i can buy a dedicated server.

•••
I'm 15, I have never been paid in money for anything, I have $50 in adsense and $8 in Bidvertiser. I have done loads on the internet. I have free hosting Site Here and I help with Paid Hosting Here. I have just finsihed the design on The Paid Hosting Site. Made a nuke skin in pure html then just added the .php extension lol. However I can cosde in PHP, ASP, and C+++.

However I see people here who may or may not of done as much as me but earning money. I would like to find out how, because If I put all my skills into a job I'm sure I would earn a lot of money

Danny

•••
im here mainly as a hobby, not realy for the money, my dream is to get a profitable network going of around 7 big sites, once i get the right domains for the job. A game site, A gaming forum, a webhost, a free webhost, domain site, template site, poster site and the hq site. once i get my 2 flagship names the others will be easy. just anything will do :)

The game i made as an assesment at school and i think its pritty good, the template and poster sites will just be modded portals from allposters and templatemonster. and the others have there own story too.

with any luck i can advertise each site on one of the network sites as well as have some pade banners so i wont need to pay for advertising, and the hosting will all be done on the one server under the webhost so month buy month my only cost will be server costs :)

Well, any flaws in my plan? i lost the topic of the post pritty early :D

QBert

•••
I'm here as a hobby too, I don't have PP so I can't make any money.

•••
you have some nice sites thow, and templater.us i a very nice domain (y)

QBert

•••
Not my sites, I am getting NP to post them there LOL

•••
I also dream about what you dream Qbert but i just mainly want to have a Network consisting of a Free Hosting website, Paid Hosting website and a WebHosting Forum and hope to make a money out of that :)

Maybe if i earn "alot" i will even buy a building where my mum works and call it the WebPlanetHost building and it will have a globe on the top of the building with writing saying WebPlanetHost :)

That would be the best thing that ever happened to me :)

•••
Hi Im 16... and i eard about 2000 pounds or near on 3800$ per month...
i run an ebay shop shipping PC components allover the world.
I run a sucessfull webhosting company.. (just signed a 400pound per month contract about 2 hrs ago)
and i run a Pc making company for people in the local area who want a PC but cant afford one that was bought from the shops.... With that i offer them a deal of free maintanance (employing 4 trainees) :D
So im it for about 24/25 thousand pounds a year at the moment (35200$)... and i live with my parents... so no rent to subsidise out of that (yes :( )

•••
My good friend waveStorm, how are you today? :)

So I needed a domain registration and I heard you can do it... :lol:

Okay seriously, how do you do that? How do you run an ebay store and how do you get people to work for free?

•••
they dont work for free.. im training them, when they qualify to actually do it.. ill start paying them...

ebayshops work this way : i buy my stock in bulk, and then i can sell it for a hellalot less than the shops

:D

•••
:O you sound like you will be very rich when you grow up lol

•••
Not if the internet crashes in '06...

BTW, if it does I'll kill myself and I'll get 1 million others to do aswell just to add to the chaos..

Just imagine the cartoon version of the internet just stopping LOL monsters start roaming around stomping on buildings and stuff :lol:

•••
well if the internet crashes... ill just make a new one :)

•••
made $150 today :)

And William Hicks, You have VERY VERY good taste ;)

Ville Valo :D

•••
How did you make $150 today Sabre? Was it 150 GBP or 150 USD?

•••
USD

Sold some hosting ^_^

•••
thank you tom from sabre hosting and well done on the hosting
:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back