Looking for info about perl robots...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

buddybuddha

Established Member
Impact
2
Executing PHP from Perl

Hey, I'm lost here.

I found a way to do my robot in PHP, but I am using a perl script to do my signups. So how can I execute a php script without showing the web user anything but the confirmation page from the perl script?

IE-

You register via register.pl

The form data is sent to analyze.pl. Analyze.pl analyzes the data and writes the registration for the perl forum. Then it executes EmailAdd.php. The user sees the confirmation page from analyze.pl and has no idea EmailAdd.php was even executed.

EmailAdd.php adds an email account in the background and stops running.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
hmm... Ok... Can't this be done via PHP Script? If you want, you can even customize code made by phpFormGenerator & while making the Form it gives you the option to add info to MySQL DB if you want... Or you can simply just have it e-mailed to you as the user sees a confirmation page!

-RageD
 
0
•••
Code:
if (all_is_success) {
    system("EmailAdd.php");
}

There's one way to do it.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
So system will just command the server to run the script in the background?
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back