Looking for Beta Testers for our new Domain Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

toughdomains

Top Member
Impact
We are about to launch our new domain market place to promote our members domains.

As always I like to check with you guys to tell us how it can be better.
The release date will depend on the feedback we get.
Please DM me if you would be interested in testing our marketplace and providing feedback in exchange for 3 free months of Gold package (gold lets you add 5000 domains and connect news content and run adsense on all your domains)

We already have 2 domain titans on board with portfolios over 300k domains....so we promise some juicy names will be listed.

Also if you are a large portfolio holder 10,000 + names with 90% in .com and would like to list your names for free please DM me.

Yes we will have a crypto section for launch....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain parking compulsory?

•••
Domain parking compulsory?
not sure what that means...but this has nothing to do with parking...and no need to change dns if you currently park..its jadm (just another domain marketplace) with a ToughDomains twist....

•••
think i need to qualify this request a bit more based on the questions Im getting in DM....

Is this my personal marketplace or a global market?
As you may or may not know we DO offer a personal marketplace service to create your own domain store and list only your names in one place with custom landing pages connected to your own domain...
(see the links in my sig)

However....
What I am referring to in the post is a global marketplace for all our members names. I think it important to have your own marketplace to send links to your portfolio however some of our members wanted/expected more offers with their marketplace. (once you build a portfolio you still need to promote it) And many of them struggled with promoting their marketplaces and requested we help promote their names.

Our answer was a global marketplace for all our members names which we promote.

But I park at Voodoo godaddy bodis parking crew and have my own marketplace that i built ....I dont want to use your service..
You dont have to buy anything or pay anything to use our market place. ...Anyone can sign up for a free forever account and list their domains and still use their current spreadsheet, marketplace or parking and be listed in our global marketplace...

JADM (just another domain marketplace? but why? )
There are already a ton of marketplaces out there (afternic, godaddy brandbucket brandpa, etc we dont need another one))

one thing I learned from speaking to other investors is everyone has a success story from their favorite marketplaces but what they all had in common was they listed in many different ones....one person claimed to have listings in over 29 marketplaces....(i didnt know 29 existed)

The more audience/eyeballs/exposure to your names the more likely the domain will get noticed, get an offer and sell...
..we are baking in a few features that we hope will differentiate us in the market....
unlike many other domain tool sites we use domain data from 3 different apis to create a domain score and we will be leveraging this data to sort the names in a dynamic way to bubble up the best names as a whole and within our custom categories like crypto or llll.com....this algo (in part ) comes from how I specifically search on my favorite sites to locate my picks...some sites do a better job at it and sometimes I need to take the data offline and sort it in excel...

I dont want to beta test but i want to see the beta
what we have now is very bare bones...hence why we are asking beta testers to come on and give us feedback on what we plan to do...I dont want to put out a launch date and then push it back....it will launch when we stop getting valuable feedback...

•••
•••
•••
not sure what that means...but this has nothing to do with parking...and no need to change dns if you currently park..its jadm (just another domain marketplace) with a ToughDomains twist....
I was referring to the changing of nameserver to secure a landing page. Must I do that before I benefit from your market? Efty for instance, you can't just list without using their landing page, it's of no use

Last edited:
•••
He said you do not have to change DNS right?

•••
Would like to get more details. But basically i'm in.

•••
•••
I was referring to the changing of nameserver to secure a landing page. Must I do that before I benefit from your market? Efty for instance, you can't just list without using their landing page, it's of no use

I agree, forcing people to update DNS or only be included in the market if you pay for the service makes no sense.
Lots of service already do that including the brandable markets and godaddy.

We dont require anyone to be a paid user to list in the marketplace. And with so many people now either parking or having their own market we dont require anyone to update their DNS.

We wanted to provide an open free market which should result in more variety (both good and bad) so we are building a proprietary search algo to try and rank some of the better domains.....com priority, shorter names, no dashes, older creation dates etc both globally and within the category.

if you choose to update DNS the only benefit you receive from switching DNS to us is that we include the domain traffic in the marketplace...but since we found visits to not be a good correlation btw premium and non premium and so many people may not update NS its not part of the ranking algo...

Requirements to list in marketplace
1. sign up for free account
2. free to list - load all your names (free accounts can still load unlimited names but only 20 will show in their free domain store)
3. no need to update DNS we host the "make an offer page" and we deal with the transfer
4. we charge a 9% commission if you agree to the offer and sell through the marketplace.
5 we are planning on offering a featured domain listing for $20 per domain - limited to 10 or 20 names

Think afternic or sedo but lower commission and more domain data associated with each domain....

•••
•••
not sure how many will find this useful but our domain reports also offer
a way to separate type in traffic and traffic from referral links to the domain if you switch DNS.

•••
thanks for all the requests for beta testers Im closing this request as we now have enough...response was amazing....thanks again to the namepros community...

•••
thanks for all the requests for beta testers Im closing this request as we now have enough...response was amazing....thanks again to the namepros community...

Can you squeeze one more? :unsure:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back