IT.COM

Looking for available 5-letter .com domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I saw this post about showcasing your best 5-letter .com domain names and it got me thinking. I used to own oebar .com and rihor .com but dropped them after several years of failed sales attempts. My wife created two good looking and unique logos for those domains, but hasn't helped. I was asking a lot for them, a couple thousand dollars. I let them expire, and now whoever picked them up, is asking for even more! Logo not included. Did I miss something?

Anyway, now I am considering a project to generate a list of available 5-letter .com domain names. What do you guys think? Will I find millions of garbage domain names like qwzkk, qwzkm, qwzkj and so on? Or are there some gems available for flipping? If there are so much worthless five-letter .com domain names, then I will probably also need to build a tool that will help me sift through them (separating the wheat from the chaff). Has anyone attempted anything similar?

Are you hand-registering 5-letter .com domains, or using some tools to find good ones?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have several 6L that are two words. I thought they would sell well, but I ended up dropping some. Also had some single words. Ended up dropping those as well.
I think that unless there is a solid business use that you don’t need to explain, then no one is going to buy it eg antiseptically or backachy I thought were great for medical companies, but didn’t sell

•••
I saw this post about showcasing your best 5-letter .com domain names and it got me thinking. I used to own oebar .com and rihor .com but dropped them after several years of failed sales attempts. My wife created two good looking and unique logos for those domains, but hasn't helped. I was asking a lot for them, a couple thousand dollars. I let them expire, and now whoever picked them up, is asking for even more! Logo not included. Did I miss something?

Anyway, now I am considering a project to generate a list of available 5-letter .com domain names. What do you guys think? Will I find millions of garbage domain names like qwzkk, qwzkm, qwzkj and so on? Or are there some gems available for flipping? If there are so much worthless five-letter .com domain names, then I will probably also need to build a tool that will help me sift through them (separating the wheat from the chaff). Has anyone attempted anything similar?

Are you hand-registering 5-letter .com domains, or using some tools to find good ones?
Hello Duskic, there are a few quick filters available for the task you have mentioned. Like filter dictionary words, anagram words etc. I registered a 5-letter domain [GODaddy Valuation is $2000] Name is Bleua.com

•••
I'm not going to sit here and put together a list of available 5L.com's for you because it would take a while. Instead, just visit ExpiredDomains.net and do some searching. One quick search showed me 54,189 available LLLLL.com domains at the time of writing this post. Go there, login, set some filters, and start trying to bring that number down to a reasonable amount you can actually go through...

Honestly, I don't know that you'll be able to build a tool as fast and with as many filters as ExpiredDomains.net has. Plus, I don't really know that there is a need for one. You know most of them are going to be junk names like those you mentioned. Might be a few diamonds in there, but you're going to be spending a lot of time going through them unless you can apply several filters.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I agree with you guys. I think it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack, and then the needle that you find wouldn't be worth much. And having to build a tool in the process, is just an overkill.

One quick search showed me 54,189 available LLLLL.com domains at the time of writing this post
Was this with a paid account, or a free feature? Do any of these domains make any sense or is it mostly junk? Do you see any of that selling for $100?

•••
Yeah, I agree with you guys. I think it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack, and then the needle that you find wouldn't be worth much. And having to build a tool in the process, is just an overkill.

Was this with a paid account, or a free feature? Do any of these domains make any sense or is it mostly junk? Do you see any of that selling for $100?
You don't need a pay account. Just signup for a free account and you'll be good to go. I didn't filter much and didn't go through the list heavily, only a portion of the first page. Most of what I saw was junk (kaiwj type names), but you may find some pronounceable ones in there. Personally, I don't buy many LLLLL/Brandable type of names myself. But, I didn't see much there that I thought was worth $100 or more, especially not in the reseller market. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back