Dynadot

Looking for affiliate experts to chat on skype

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
I'm tired of searching for information. There is too much false information overload in this field.

I'm looking for somebody who is an expert on everything related to affiliates. I would like to use skype for voice chats.

In return I can help you in these subjects:
1. expired domains, domain search, backorders. Basically ask me anything about domain names.
2. css, graphic design, vector graphics, logo design

Is there any affiliate expert out there?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there any affiliate expert out there?

There IS a lot of "false information overload", but IMO, use of the word "expert" is a sure way to attract the snake oil salespeople.

If you want a bona-fide "expert", look at the list of presenters for events like CJU, Affiliate Summit, etc. Those are the reputable top performers who know the business. Lots of them have very helpful and informative blogs. But you're not likely to get any of them to give you personalized coaching for less than $250/hr.

If you can do without the "expert" part and just want good, solid advice, I recommend spending some time in the better, well-moderated affiliate forums, like abestweb.

Last edited:
•••
The type of advice I'm looking for is practical advice on how to build an affiliate site and what domains are worth doing so. I have web design skills. That's not the problem.

Recently I bought domains about handbags, fashion, property, caravan hire, hotels etc. I'm selling those domains for peanuts money.

Basically I want to create a lot of affiliate sites that would earn 10-50 USD a month each. Buying and selling domains is all right. I sometimes sell domains for $1500 - $2000 which I bought for $60 but it's rare a requires a lot of research. I would rather have a stable income from affiliate site. I have no idea how to do this.

I'm in the UK. Do I create a us amazon account?
How do I get into ebay partner network? They want to see my site. I don't have the site yet. I will build an affiliate site that has nothing but an affiliate shop.
Everything is so confusing.

•••
I can answer some of that for you:

Amazon - I'm in the US, but I believe you would sign up through the "Associates Programme" link on Amazon.co.uk.

Ebay - They've gotten more selective about their program than they used to be. You do need a site to get into the program, and you need to have more than just a shop full of their links. They'll want to see related content. (Search engines will want to see that too.)

The type of advice I'm looking for is practical advice on how to build an affiliate site and what domains are worth doing so.

I highly recommend spending some time on the ABW affiliate forum I mentioned - read, ask questions ...

As for what to start with - pick something you know about or are interested in learning about. Done right, affiliate marketing isn't about just putting links and banners on a page and driving traffic - that may work for Adsense, but it isn't an efficient way to get sales. Think more along lines of guiding your visitors into making a purchase decision. You'll be more effective at this if you know your subject.

Scope your topic out for the amount of competition, the quality of the competition, and the availability of affiliate programs with a good reputation in the aff. community (i.e. the links track, they don't have a high reversal rate and they pay on time). Look at the prospective merchant's site - would you buy something there? If not, your visitors won't either.

Amazon and eBay are reputable and familiar to people - sometimes that works in your favor, sometimes not. Neither pay all that much - eBay is PPC with the amount you're paid based upon previous auction wins resulting from clicks from your site. This can be as little as 2-3 cents/click (and they won't pay anything if there's a long streak of no wins or BIN's). They have been known to drop affiliates from the program for poor performance.

Amazon has a fairly low commission rate and a short cookie duration - if the person doesn't buy immediately after they click through from your site but returns later and buys, you may not get credit for the sale. They aren't likely to drop you unless you violate their program terms.

Build a site with some content first, then apply to the program(s).

Basically I want to create a lot of affiliate sites that would earn 10-50 USD a month each.

You're better off building one site to start - get that going then build another one. It's easier to grow one site to several hundred or more a month than manage a bunch of "maybe it will earn $20" sites.

•••
The type of advice I'm looking for is practical advice on how to build an affiliate site and what domains are worth doing so. I have web design skills. That's not the problem.

Recently I bought domains about handbags, fashion, property, caravan hire, hotels etc. I'm selling those domains for peanuts money.

Basically I want to create a lot of affiliate sites that would earn 10-50 USD a month each. Buying and selling domains is all right. I sometimes sell domains for $1500 - $2000 which I bought for $60 but it's rare a requires a lot of research. I would rather have a stable income from affiliate site. I have no idea how to do this.

I'm in the UK. Do I create a us amazon account?
How do I get into ebay partner network? They want to see my site. I don't have the site yet. I will build an affiliate site that has nothing but an affiliate shop.
Everything is so confusing.

I'm in Canada and I am an affiliate for Amazon. I imagine that you will be fine with Amazon as well.

I'm not eligible for some of the affiliate programs because I am not in the US.

I think this is the eBay affiliate link -- https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/files/hub/en-US/index.html

You have to add something to your site and then they decide if they want to approve you.

Last edited:
•••
Amazon and ebay can be very helpful. Also, these two links in my sig can do some help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back