Looking for advice...

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

NoiseWater

New Member
Impact
1
Hi. I'm not sure if I'm even posting this in the right forum, but I would love some advice from you guys. Here's my situation:

I own a domain name that is a misspelling of a huge online brand. As a result, I get around 2500 uniques a day. I joined the affiliate program of this brand, and did quite well on commissions from the merchant. Unfortunately they booted me from the program (understandably).

I believe I have a pretty low risk of the merchant coming after me for the domain, since it is my last name (lastname.com).

Just wondering how you guys would suggest I monetize this site, since I can't be in the site's affiliate program. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Also, this site doesn't advertise in the content network, so my chances of sending traffic through to them via adsense is virtually nil.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Despite the fact this is your last name, you clearly violated their TMs. You made profit directly from a confusingly similar domain name. Its blantant and because you signed up for their affiliate program, they have all the information they would need if they choose to seek a UDRP judgement.

You'll need to monetize this domain name in a completely separate market, will it work? Unlikely, but its the only way to prevent doing further damage to your situation. However, I would imagine if this is a large brand, they may very well seek the domain name in the near future.
 
0
•••
You have not violated any trademark.
No trademark gives a company the right to your lastname
because it is "confusingly similar" to their company name.
Companies that trademark names similar to generic
names have no right to that generic name.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back