NameSilo

question . london domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cmon wilson

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, you need to stick to .com

Dont look at anything but .com until you have at least 5 sales under your belt.

No offence, but if you keep asking questions and posting threads every day, it means you arent researching enough on a specific niche. My advice is to study a specific area, maybe something you are familiar with tech, insurance, sport, health travel, whatever?? Read up on it, look at past sales on namebio.com, and email some owners of good names and ask for some prices. Dont go and start hamd registering crap names.

•••
No, you need to stick to .com

Dont look at anything but .com until you have at least 5 sales under your belt.

No offence, but if you keep asking questions and posting threads every day, it means you arent researching enough on a specific niche. My advice is to study a specific area, maybe something you are familiar with tech, insurance, sport, health travel, whatever?? Read up on it, look at past sales on namebio.com, and email some owners of good names and ask for some prices. Dont go and start hamd registering crap names.

I will take offence (KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS) !.. I am young positive and determined. .
I joined on here to get the best help and advice from like minded people . I am now aware that i have to gain membership trust or upgrade to be able to use the general chat ! I am looking all the time online and there is thousand of articles to read but it would be nice actually talk to people and push me in the right direction there and then rather than reading an article that maybe a ffew months or years old . im doing the right thing on here so please DO NOT use the word no offence as it is .

It states here : "To remove these limitations, new members (denoted by the title "New Member") should post high-quality and helpful content (e.g., questions) on NamePros.com until their account is automatically granted permission and access to these features" !!

and as i am honest and the average joe in this sector i am skint atm and can not afford to upgrade . thanks for the read and i will take ur advice on the more positive side of your reply :)
In future you can DM me ur less positive opinions to me :)

•••
Get some 4L.com domains as your basis, then venture into the brandables and two word keyword domains. Youll do fine.

•••
I will take offence (KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS) !.. I am young positive and determined. .
I joined on here to get the best help and advice from like minded people . I am now aware that i have to gain membership trust or upgrade to be able to use the general chat ! I am looking all the time online and there is thousand of articles to read but it would be nice actually talk to people and push me in the right direction there and then rather than reading an article that maybe a ffew months or years old . im doing the right thing on here so please DO NOT use the word no offence as it is .

It states here : "To remove these limitations, new members (denoted by the title "New Member") should post high-quality and helpful content (e.g., questions) on NamePros.com until their account is automatically granted permission and access to these features" !!

and as i am honest and the average joe in this sector i am skint atm and can not afford to upgrade . thanks for the read and i will take ur advice on the more positive side of your reply :)
In future you can DM me ur less positive opinions to me :)

Thats fine, but spend more time reading amd focusing on your niche. Its just some of the post are on topics that wont help sell the names, so if you are skint atm as you said, then spend the time wisely and try focus on identifying what makes names valuable and then finding a decent name to buy thats within your budget. If you hand register names, you will be in a worse domaining position than you are now, come renewal time in 12 months time.

Stick to .com names

It's a public forum so I dont really DM people if its negative feedback.

Good luck

•••
Get some 4L.com domains as your basis, then venture into the brandables and two word keyword domains. Youll do fine.

HI the durfer ..cool name by the way !

soo expired domains yes ? and yes concentrate on a niche but first stick with 4 letters domains ?
stick with another 5 buys when i can afford it and wait for a sale before getting anymore sound good?

like i said i am not a big investor .but hey im sure we were all in the same boat at 1 point , unless you are lucky enough to have big dollar to play with in the first place :)b

•••
HI the durfer ..cool name by the way !

soo expired domains yes ? and yes concentrate on a niche but first stick with 4 letters domains ?
stick with another 5 buys when i can afford it and wait for a sale before getting anymore sound good?

like i said i am not a big investor .but hey im sure we were all in the same boat at 1 point , unless you are lucky enough to have big dollar to play with in the first place :)b

Lucky is if you bought a domain in 1996. lol. Yes, 4L.coms and expireddomains.net is a good place to look. Good luck.

•••
Thats fine, but spend more time reading amd focusing on your niche. Its just some of the post are on topics that wont help sell the names, so if you are skint atm as you said, then spend the time wisely and try focus on identifying what makes names valuable and then finding a decent name to buy thats within your budget. If you hand register names, you will be in a worse domaining position than you are now, come renewal time in 12 months time.

Stick to .com names

It's a public forum so I dont really DM people if its negative feedback.

Good luck[/QUOTE

no hard feelings haha i did label the .London as a question and not an opinion on what i am doing right or wrong :) but yes i do enjoy spending the time researching this and yes i agree with you that come renewal in 12 months time i will be spending alot of money but i can just learn for now and who knows a chance of getting rid of self registred domains within the year .
Is there a niche in particular you would personally recommend that you see is a gap in the market then i would love to know . thankyou for taking your time to respond :)

•••
Lucky is if you bought a domain in 1996. lol. Yes, 4L.coms and expireddomains.net is a good place to look. Good luck.

if i was in back to the futue i would be smashing it right now ;)

•••
•••
Is there a niche in particular you would personally recommend that you see is a gap in the market then i would love to know

I focus on emerging tech names and try get the best name in specific tech niches years before the tech becomes mainstrean, then I sell those names when it does become big, it works for me but everyone has their own strategy. You do have to have a lot of patience doing it my way and be in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
•••
I focus on emerging tech names and try get the best name in specific tech niches years before the tech becomes mainstrean, then I sell those names when it does become big, it works for me but everyone has their own strategy. You do have to have a lot of patience doing it my way and be in it for the long haul.

ok thats good :) say you spotted a new type of technology would u make a new word that makes sense or put a 2 word together and register it brand new ? is that 1 way of doing it then approaching small companies convincing them why if they have or do not have a website already that the name ur trying to sell would be valuable for the company ?

•••
ok thats good :) say you spotted a new type of technology would u make a new word that makes sense or put a 2 word together and register it brand new ? is that 1 way of doing it then approaching small companies convincing them why if they have or do not have a website already that the name ur trying to sell would be valuable for the company ?

No, don't make new words, get the exact name or brandable names that companies would use.

Strong keywords like Group, Inc, Center, Co, Pro, Pros, Services, Solution, Solutions, Live, Media, etc

If you get the right names, when the tech ripens, the offers will come in.

•••
If interested in .london only look at interesting dictionary words that are relevant to businesses or generic services.. you know like hotels . london..etc

these are some .london sales from namebio
am trying to sell great.london bidding is at $1 now still ... let's see how it will go, but am not optimistic. am listing for bin of $49

upload_2020-9-10_23-1-4.png

Last edited:
•••
Anyway, any restriction for .london?

•••
•••
worth looking into..?
If you can afford the renewals until the gTLD becomes mainstream (if ever), perhaps. The problem is that the UK market is overwhelmingly .co.uk and the gTLD is competing with both the .UK ccTLD and .COM. You might get lucky with a sale or two but the problem is that some of these geo gTLDs are completely overwhelmed by the local ccTLD.

The historical stats on the gTLD show a bump ( https://namestat.org/london ) where it had been artificially inflated by Digital Towns registrations that targeted placenames and surnames in various new gTLDs. Most of that noise has washed out of the zones.

It is best to think of some of these geo gTLDs as being ccTLDs serving a small regional market. Do not apply .COM rules to such markets because ccTLDs have very different dynamics to .COM. Domainers have lost millions on ccTLDs because they assumed .COM valuations applied to ccTLD domain names. The main player in the .COM market is the US. The .COM is the defacto US ccTLD with most of the registrations being US registrations. With ccTLDs, it is the local ccTLD (.UK in this case) that influences prices. To put things in perspective, .LONDON has 52,600 regs. The .UK has approximately 10.9 million.Even on UK domainer forums, there is very little interest in .LONDON gTLD.

You've got to do your research before you make any buying decisions. The new gTLDs have been a bit of a disaster zone for most domaining that applies .COM valuations and expects .COM returns on investment. Despite a lot of advertising, the .LONDON has not become wildly successful in its market.

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back