Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Logo Required, $75 To Winner

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contest: Design The Winning Logo For MerchantRevenue.com

Prize: $75

Contest Ends: 9/19/2014, noon, EST

Details:
Merchant Revenue is going to serve as a portal for domains that I own, as I cobble together a network of niche ecommerce sites. The logo needs to look crisp and professional. Nothing cheesy, something that would look nice on a website or above the pocket on a dress shirt. My web site is under construction, and will consist of a variety of blues, so a logo either made of a navy blue or a color that integrates well with blue would be nice.

The tag line is, "Small Shops, Big Deals" or maybe "Small Sites, Big Deals", and I need to have that phrase integrated somehow into the logo.

My goal is to have roughly 50 ecommerce sites up and running off this portal by the end of 2015, and I will need logos for most of those, so a good submission to this contest gets you on a short list for my future needs.

Thanks in advance for your best effort, and good luck to all.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
merchantrevenue1.png


Initial concept: a modern symbol comprised of a shopping cart and a stack of coins as well as the initials of Merchant Revenue. The cart represents ecommerce and the stack represents revenue. The type is restrained and professional and matches the symbol in weight. A rich navy is paired with a light gold to convey quality and value from the colour scheme.

Feedback much appreciated! Thanks.
 
1
•••
merchantrevenue2.png


version with tag line
 
1
•••
Here's my version:

merchantrevenue.png


merchantr.jpg
merchantre.jpg
 
1
•••
Another outstanding logo made by me
 
0
•••
merchantrevenue3.png


A different direction using the same elements and colours. The type is softer but still professional.
 
1
•••
merchantrevenue4.png


wide format version of the first logo.
 
1
•••
Dominium - Nice entries, right off the bat. I like the idea of a shield in #6, Could I see it with the original font you used? Also, not sure about the "m" and 'r', can you think of any other substitutions? I'm drawing a blank, but let me think on that. I like both versions, the gold background is quite fetching as well as the darker background. I do think I like the shield more than the circle.

lulian - try keeping the 'big' in small lettering like the rest of the tagline... nice idea to emphasize the big, but I think it interrupts the flow a bit. Maybe bring the cart image to the laft of the name, and modify the scoop accordingly? I think I would like the overall look of the whole work to be wider than tall.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Great feedback, thanks! I have some ideas on the shield elements, will have something for you soon. I'll also present a version of the shield with the type from the first version.
 
1
•••
Dominium - maybe in the other two segments of the shield, images that promote the ideas of a sale and a coupon? All I got, so far. Indirectly, I want to promote the idea of sending clients to secure shopping sites, so I picked up on the shield right away, I might be able to integrate that image into an expanded or seperate tagline down the road.
 
1
•••
Thanks. I was thinking on the same lines, using a sale tag or discount sign for one element and vouchers or coupons as the other.
 
1
•••
A lock and/or a key could be used to reinforce the idea of security. I'll experiment with the elements and present some new shield designs for you tomorrow (it's evening in the UK!)
 
1
•••
Thank you for the feedback. It really helps.
 
1
•••
design proposition for Merchant Revenue:
----------------------------------------------------------

l9WzSQC.jpg
 
2
•••
New revisions:
merchantrevenue2.png
 
1
•••
My entry:

logo_merchantrev2_zps50c9a33a.gif
 
1
•••
merchantrevenue5.png


This variation combines a sale badge, a stack of coins, a shopping cart and a gift voucher/coupon into a shield. The type is from the my first design. I haven't been able to integrate a lock or key yet and still make it look good. I'll post any lock/key versions if I can make any look good!
 
1
•••
merchantrevenue6.png


This variation uses the same elements as the version above but the order of the elements is changed. I tried to place the icons in order of importance from left to right in rows. Let me know if you'd like this order changed.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
MR shops. MR not. MR2!
 
0
•••
fresh option:

JZshURr.jpg
 
2
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back