NameSilo

Logging off for good. Take care all

Located in NamePros Help and Feedback, started by Keith, May 22, 2020 at 11:56 PM

Replies:
Views:

1. Keith

Keith Account Closed (Requested) VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Elad had his account deleted because mods are out of control here. It’s been really bad these last few months.

@Mod Team Bravo please deactivate my account. I cannot stand the elementary level group that’s running the show here. Pathetic...

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 12:06 AM
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Samer

Samer Restricted (Chatroom) Blue Account

?

Keith, can least give us hint, what happened?

Sorry to hear that, you always welcome back.

Samer

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM
  3. Keith

Keith Account Closed (Requested) VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

https://www.namepros.com/threads/husband-org-current-bid-375.1191627/page-2

OP added payment options mid auction, opening up his chances for more bids. My bid was placed prior to the change and once he made it, I retracted my bid.

I operate on the basis of the current info provided, not what is manipulated for future gains. The mods think his behavior is acceptable and want to hold me to my bid. Not gonna happen. $375 is peanuts but it’s the point here. This place has become an overrun wasteland.

4. Samer

Samer Restricted (Chatroom) Blue Account

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 12:06 AM
  5. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I checked that thread out, it seems to be within the rules they posted:

"6.2.3. An auction cannot be modified once a bid is placed with the exceptions of its Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price, bid increments, approving additional bidders, adding payment methods, and/or adding additional domains at no extra cost. Once a bid is placed, every allowable change (the exceptions just mentioned) must be posted to the thread as a new reply as well as updated in the original post before it becomes effective and valid (e.g., a BIN price cannot be accepted until this is done, bt rule 6.2.10 applies). BIN prices are not reserve prices and therefore do not affect rule 6.2.10."

Unless something else is going on.

6. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

His account was not deleted. He did not even receive a warning from us.

Your account has been closed as per your request.

You still must honor your bid if you win.

We understand that bidders want as little competition as possible in auctions they want to win, but competition really shouldn't affect whether you bid. It cannot affect whether you honor your bid.

The rules are designed to be as fair as possible. Sometimes, they will be entirely in your favor. Sometimes, they will not. That's part of the balance that makes them fair and reasonable.

We hope that helps.

7. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

Someone bid $355.
    Someone asked if he would take Dan with no bid just a question.
    Keith bids $375 after that.

I don’t like anyone leaving but this particular member likes to throw fits when he doesn’t get his way or feels slighted somehow. Why did he place a $375 bid after the question of a Dan payment was asked if it offended him so much? Why does a member of 13 years not know the auction rules? Why does he lie outright that Elad was booted when we all can plainly see he self deleted his account? I guess we will never know as it looks like he left to avoid having to keep the deal.

8. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy Dotgician.com VIP

9. Corey

Corey Corey.net.au VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

10. RJ

RJ Version 2004 PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yuck. "Goodbye" posts like this only serve to create unnecessary drama for an online community. As admin, I would close the account as requested, delete the thread, and move on with life.

Retracting a bid because the seller added payment options? Ridiculous excuse. Honor your bid.

Seems like a lot of people are losing their minds over the smallest things these days. Keith was a good member for a long time. He joined back way back when I still owned this forum. I respect him a great deal, but I think he's wrong on this one. The mod team here is underappreciated and does not deserve those insults.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 8:39 PM
  11. Ante4L

Ante4L Established Member

I agree with all your points except the fact that this was probably a build up of 100 minor things before the OP had enough.

This is why what seems to be one tiny issue, turns into a legend leaving the community. Seems like Keith isn't very appreciated...for whatever reason. Everybody matters, everybody should be appreciated.

I used to give away free domains and bitcoin on chat. I stopped. Why? Because of this.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice