Dynadot

Live Chatroom revamp

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

I believe that just within the past year, live chat has really gone down hill. The community is beautifully thriving however I think the live chat could use a revamp.

I have attempted to revive it myself by creating a tinychat room, and hopefully this could be implemented somehow. This adds many new exciting features and could attract more users to live chat.

It's hard to get this out there, however..

If someone has more ideas to increase chat activity let me know.

I miss the good ol' days when everyone had the In live chat bar under their name :(

-B 8-X

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The chat has been going downhill for quite awhile now more then just the last year. I'm not sure why maybe it has something to do with the theme change as the old theme the chat was on the right sidebar with who was in the chat.

To be honest I would most likely never webcam in the chat room and I don't think its just the software that's the reason the chat is basically dead.

In my opinion the biggest reason it's less active is because the main group of active chatters no longer visit the chat or Namepros. So we basically need another group of loyal active chat room participants for it to be active.

I'm pretty much in the chat everyday and chat when I'm not busy doing something else.

•••
Hmm, perhaps having people on there all the time will motivate people to join. I mean with 200,000 members on namepros, I think we could find 10 to be in the chat room more often.

I hope so, anyways

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back