Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

List Your Wiki Names HERE !!!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

thegenius1

Established Member
Impact
4
I Picked up:

http://JapaneseDomains.wiki.com

Pennsylvania.wiki.com

AtlanticCity.wiki.com



By Joanna Glasner| Also by this reporter
15:00 PM Aug, 14, 2006

Domain name speculator John Gotts set off a wave of online speculation three weeks ago when he agreed to buy the Wiki.com website for $2.8 million.

Now the guessing is ended, to no great surprise, with the unveiling of a website for creating -- wait for it -- wikis.

Launched over the weekend, Wiki.com joins the already populous field of do-it-yourself wiki sites, which allow anyone to add and edit content on a specified topic.

In its first day live, visitors have been snapping up subdomains with topical words, like soccer.wiki.com, or common first names.

Currently, anyone can register a subdomain on Wiki.com. Registrants must give permission to allow others to add or edit content on their sites. Gotts envisions making money through keyword advertising at first. He's also considering letting registrants co-own their subdomains, enabling them to develop popular wiki sites and then sell them.

But that's a ways off. For now, Gotts is giving Wiki.com six months to prove viable. Rather than buy the site outright, he's agreed to pay the owner, business naming firm Dynamo, $10,000 a month for six months to use the domain. The deal gives Gotts an option to buy it for the full $2.8 million at the end.

"When you get into the millions of dollars, it makes absolute sense to test it out before you buy it," Gotts said. "Otherwise, you're doing nothing but gambling."

Whether the internet needs another wiki-making site is a matter of debate. Free and subscription sites, including Jotspot, Wikia, Socialtext and PBwiki.com, already proliferate online.

Gotts is betting that the obviousness of the Wiki.com domain, which generated about 100,000 hits a day as a blank site, will set it apart.

"I consider it a bad domain name if you have to teach people what it means," said Gotts, a Washington entrepreneur who became interested in domains through his previous business, Adware.com, now a site for anti-spyware downloads. Other domains he owns include Searching.com and iSocial.com.

Wiki.com is the startup equivalent of instant cuisine. According to Gotts, a team of engineers put together most of the site's backend in a caffeine-fueled span of 48 hours. The site runs using technology from MindTouch, a Washington wiki-software and hardware startup founded by former Microsoft employees.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/internet/0,71591-0.html?tw=wn_technology_1
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
allnicksgone said:
I have IslandWiki.com , it's developed, but not much content yet.

I have PA.wiki.com and a bunch of other two letter U.S. state abbreviations.

We may have to colaborate on the PA venture being i have Pennsylvania.wiki.com
 
0
•••
thegenius1 said:
We may have to colaborate on the PA venture being i have Pennsylvania.wiki.com

I am up for it. How could we colaborate? Any articles on the wiki I get, you copy on to yours, and vice versa?
 
0
•••
allnicksgone said:
I am up for it. How could we colaborate? Any articles on the wiki I get, you copy on to yours, and vice versa?

Yeah pretty much i guess, i was wondering if a portal could be built on these sites , i really didnt get much time to look into it yet because im in the proccess of put up a couple hundred IDN sites. If you get some info let me know and i will do the same.
 
0
•••
qqq.wiki.com
jp.wiki.com
ru.wiki.com
nl.wiki.com
eee.wiki.com
es.wiki.com

ALL MINE :D .
 
0
•••
wikiwideweb.com <--- i think that one is quite clever.

wikibulletin.com
 
0
•••
Contact.wiki.com
Register.wiki.com
Personal.wiki.com
Category.wiki.com
Categories.wiki.com
HillaryClinton.wiki.com
 
0
•••
exotic.wiki.com
wikitv.us
wikidelic.com


SG
 
Last edited:
0
•••
damitssam said:
qqq.wiki.com
jp.wiki.com
ru.wiki.com
nl.wiki.com
eee.wiki.com
es.wiki.com

ALL MINE :D .

Hi..there, I have QQwiki.com, and I guess QQQwiki.com may still there... :tu:
 
0
•••
shipwiki.com
 
0
•••
Seems like wiki.com was a waste of time after all. I haven't seen any pages indexed on the search engines. Also I haven't seen any developed pages.
 
0
•••
I have WikiIdea.com
 
0
•••
awiki.com
BiomassWiki.com
CalendarWiki.com
CrowdWiki.com
DocWiki.com
EasyWiki.com
EZWiki.com
FlockWiki.com
HomelandSecurityWiki.com
IraqWiki.com
LifeExtensionWiki.com
MedicineWiki.com
OncologyWiki.com
PeaceWiki.com
SpaceTravelWiki.com
SpaceTravelWiki.com
VirtualGameWiki.com
VirtualWorldWiki.com
VRWiki.com
WikiCommerce.com
WikiHacks.com
WikiLessons.com
Wikishopper.com
Wikiverse.com
WikiWatchi.com
WikiWiki.cc
 
0
•••
Wiki Wank > Wanking Wikipedia Wannabees One Wiki At A Time

I got wikiwank.com and milk came out of my nostrils when I think how dumb a move that was!

http://www.wikiwank.com

:kickass:
 
0
•••
SlangWiki.com :hehe:
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back