Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner2005

Established Member
Impact
LinuxVersions.com
Please valuate. Thank you and regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Linux is trademarked. (Wikipedia)
And since Linux is opensource, what would the revenue be on this domain?

•••
Linux is trademarked. (Wikipedia)
And since Linux is opensource, what would the revenue be on this domain?
sublicense to use the "Linux" trademark in commerce according to Linux Foundation. A lot o linux relative domains like linuxdistros.com are consider premium. There a lot of ideas for commercial use of relative domains.

•••
Right, must admit I didn't research the name that deep.
linuxdistros.com does not contain anything.

All I could think of that domain is to list Linux Versions.
You have any other suggestions what you could do with that name?

•••
If you had planned to develop this domain WITH LICENSED PERMISSION from the Linux Foundation, it's still not worth much. As a linux user, my inclination would be to look for the desired distro first and then for the version so it does not make sense to me in your generic context.

Contact NameCheap support and ask them nicely if they will Grace Delete and give you a refund

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage/

Rules and Policies Applicable to Marks Owned by The Linux Foundation
In addition to the generally applicable rules discussed above, there are a few specific rules that we ask everyone to follow when using trademarks owned by The Linux Foundation.

• Do not attempt to claim or assert any ownership rights in any mark of The Linux Foundation and do not attempt to register any The Linux Foundation trademark as a trademark, trade name, domain name, or “doing business as” name, alone or (unless specifically licensed) in combination with your own trademarks.

•••
If you had planned to develop this domain WITH LICENSED PERMISSION from the Linux Foundation, it's still not worth much. As a linux user, my inclination would be to look for the desired distro first and then for the version so it does not make sense to me in your generic context.

Contact NameCheap support and ask them nicely if they will Grace Delete and give you a refund

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage/

Rules and Policies Applicable to Marks Owned by The Linux Foundation
In addition to the generally applicable rules discussed above, there are a few specific rules that we ask everyone to follow when using trademarks owned by The Linux Foundation.

• Do not attempt to claim or assert any ownership rights in any mark of The Linux Foundation and do not attempt to register any The Linux Foundation trademark as a trademark, trade name, domain name, or “doing business as” name, alone or (unless specifically licensed) in combination with your own trademarks.
The Linux Foundation’s Trademarks

The Linux Foundation has the following registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries:

• AllJoyn®
  • Cloud Native Computing Foundation®
  • CNCF®
  • containerd®
  • Hyperledger®
  • IAccessible2®
  • IO Visor®
  • JanusGraph®
  • Kubernetes®
  • Linux Foundation Certified Engineer®
  • Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator®
  • Linux Plumbers Conference®
  • LSB®
  • OpenChain®
  • Software Package Data Exchange®
  • SPDX®
  • The Linux Foundation®
  • Tizen®
  • Xen Project®
  • Yocto Project®
  • Zephyr®

To be considered for a FREE, perpetual sublicense to use the "Linux" trademark in commerce, you will need to provide the following information to the Linux Foundation:

• Contact information.
  • A trademark which includes the word "Linux" combined with some other element or word(s).
  • If the mark is to be used in connection with goods, you will need to provide a full description of the goods.
  • If the mark is to be used in connection with services, you will need to provide a full description of the services.
and a lot of domain using the above rule use the word Linux in commercial use.
I have a similar situation with Litecoin.xx domains. Litecoin is trademark but they gave me free licence to register and sell relative domains contain the trademark Litecoin.

•••
•••
$0 since trademark. linux is open source, what do you expect from this to earn a profit?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back