IT.COM

.tv Let’s meet somewhere

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dunno, but what do you think about a kind of 2-3 days meeting somewhere in Europe? This Fall for example. For US guys it would be nice to see Europe
Amsterdam would be great for this purpose IMO
It would be also a good opportunity to reach potential endusers for our adult .tv's lol
Just for fun ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tell you what TwoMoon, once I sell a .tv for €x.xxx before the summer, i'll take you up on that offer.

I sincerely would love to meet up with the .tv guys & treat you all to Amsterdams finest woman (if you know what I mean ;) )

However like stated in my first sentence, there has to be reason to pop the cherry.

•••
I tell you what TwoMoon, once I sell a .tv for €x.xxx before the summer, i'll take you up on that offer.

I sincerely would love to meet up with the .tv guys & treat you all to Amsterdams finest woman (if you know what I mean ;) )

However like stated in my first sentence, there has to be reason to pop the cherry.

Great! :) This is why I suggested Autumn, maybe October. Because in September I think it would be more activity than in Summer and we all will made some nice x,xxx sales and will get extra cash :)

•••
Ok, I see the members are busy doing money and don't want to relax :)

•••
This is a Pro American forum, so I don't think they'll be many takers B-)

•••
This is a Pro American forum, so I don't think they'll be many takers B-)

Agree :) But IMO every man at least one time in life must to see the tulips of Amsterdam :)

•••
Hey if we meet in Amsterdam for business we can write off weed and prostitutes:)

•••
Hey if we meet in Amsterdam for business we can write off weed and prostitutes:)

I haven't smoked weed in years, lol
but I'm kicking a prostitute out right now so...
Count me in!

Do we have any .TV members here that are located in Amsterdam???

If so, This would be a lot easier if some sort of package was able to be put together...

•••
Why dont you come over in Greece? :D
I may arrange for you free hospitality ;)

•••
Thanks guys for activity :) Amsterdam was just an example, it could be anything.

Makis - I hope in Greece weed is also good :)

•••
Why doesnt everyone come to Hawaii ;)

•••
Did anybody mention the greatest City in the World yet...Chicago??? :)

There are 3 of us .TV-ers from here...

SKG, Freedom30, and me

I'm down with anywhere really, so far all of the above sound great to me!

•••
Hawaii sounds great for me :) But if I'll tell my wife that I will go to Hawaii on meeting with domainers, she won't believe me lol

•••
Did anybody mention the greatest City in the World yet...Chicago??? :)

There are 3 of us .TV-ers from here...

SKG, Freedom30, and me

I'm down with anywhere really, so far all of the above sound great to me!

Chicago's just a really, really long stone's throw from here, I think an informal meetup there would be kind of fun.

•••
video link to the uk would be cool

•••
Chicago's just a really, really long stone's throw from here, I think an informal meetup there would be kind of fun.

From here too. Was born there and love that city. My family has already been talking of a long weekend in Chicago this summer. It would be fun to include a casual meetup in our plans.

Not that Amsterdam, Hawaii or Greece wouldn't be nice. They're just unlikely for me this year, unless of course my .TV sales bust wide open!

p.s. TDS, If we do go to Amsterdam, I'll trade you my prostitute for your share of the weed.

Last edited:
•••
I have to admit,

Amsterdam, Greece, and Hawaii all sound absolutely phenomenal but as I just brought Chicago up, kinda goofing around...It is actually starting to make a little more sense.

Now we have SKG, Freedom30, RogueWriter, Atypical, and me who could make it here to Chicago...

I wonder if there is anywhere else in the World where more people would be able to make it too. Like, Are there more tv-ers here from the UK??? Canada??? Amsterdam???

If anyone else is reading this that hasn't partiipated yet but would actualy be interested in a meeting, please post your choice of locations.

@Hullswinger - The video link would be a must! Great idea.

Thx.

and as for your proposition, Atypial - Done! :lol:

•••
I have to admit,

Amsterdam, Greece, and Hawaii all sound absolutely phenomenal but as I just brought Chicago up, kinda goofing around...It is actually starting to make a little more sense.

Now we have SKG, Freedom30, RogueWriter, Atypical, and me who could make it here to Chicago...

I wonder if there is anywhere else in the World where more people would be able to make it too. Like, Are there more tv-ers here from the UK??? Canada??? Amsterdam???

If anyone else is reading this that hasn't partiipated yet but would actualy be interested in a meeting, please post your choice of locations.

@Hullswinger - The video link would be a must! Great idea.

Thx.

and as for your proposition, Atypial - Done! :lol:

Shareasale.com is located in Chicago, we could probably pull someone from there in to talk about all of the merchant videos they have for their affiliate programs, etc.

•••
Shareasale.com is located in Chicago, we could probably pull someone from there in to talk about all of the merchant videos they have for their affiliate programs, etc.

Excellent Idea Tom!

I was just thinking, If this did happen here in Chicago, I would do whatever I could to make it as informative as possible (guest speakers, developers, other Businesses, et...this could be pretty cool!

Then of course we have to have the nights strategially planned too...You know me...There would have to be some FUN brainless activities to give our creative minds a rest! lol

Another thought.. Timing - When is the cheapest time for airfare (around August, September, October) for anyone who would be willing to pay for airfare from farther away?

Last edited:
•••
I just got off the phone with Carolyn at shareasale.com, she was very interested in working with us to coordinate a meeting. They are located downtown Chicago. She suggested mid to late September as a good meeting time. They have a conference room we can use.

Once we nail down a specific date and time, she has some merchants with affiliate programs that want to develop video-centric affiliates that she can talk into showing up.

shareasale also has a way of embedding affiliate links into videos that the affiliates themselves make, apparently, ad they can talk about that, etc.

So:
1. What would you say about mid to late september?

2. Duration?

3. Weekday or weekend?

4. Potential topics to discuss? Speakers?

5. Would meeting at shareasale be okay with everyone?

6. Anyone want an after hours kind of event, like a ball game or something? Anything going on of interest in Chicago during mid september? Any conflicts?

•••
So:

2. Duration?

3. Weekday or weekend?

6. Anyone want an after hours kind of event, like a ball game or something? Anything going on of interest in Chicago during mid september? Any conflicts?

First off, I hope Chiago would be cool with a lot of other .TV-ers also.
and I would like to extend this offer to other domainers also...maybe some that have just dabbled in .TV??? I guess they would have to be interested in the extension though, siner it IS based off of the .TV extenwsion.

I created a Social group here of Chiagoland Area NP-ers, and there are 12 so far so I know with a little heads up most of them would come too.

The sharesale affiliate idea is great.
You can never learn too muh about affiliate marketing, thats for sure.

I have a couple of ideas for Speakers here in Chicago. We have some big Domainer/Developers here in Chicago. Lets figure out if Chicago is cool with some more people here too,...

Well, the LaborDay weekend would have just passed, and school will be in session, and people work, so my thoughts are a full weekend...Friday, to Sunday-ish.

We would have to book a Hotel, and I am sure we would be able to seure a conferene room in there for our meetings.

BallGame idea, great idea (chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox). Also, The Football Season starts in September...So goin to a Bears game at Soldier Field and tailgating beforehand is always a blast!

•••
My thoughts....

I'm okay with that time frame.

2. Duration?
IMO, late morning, say 11:00am - 5:00pm with a break for lunch, or catered lunch, then an after 5 event for those who want to hang out, while others that want to get back home could vamoose.

3. Weekday or weekend?
I am ambivalent. Fridays would be bad for me, I really enjoy watching my high schooler play ball. Other days I could take off, though, and saturday would be fine with me, as long as there was not something insane going on in Chicago on that day.

Potential topics, hmmm:
"Monitizing the .TV Extension"
"Brand vs. Product Roundtable discussion"
"Why Buy .TV? How To Market .TV To Endusers."

Those are 3 ideas, speakers, no clue, though we could probably get someone from shareasale to speak about their merchant's product videos.

They are downtown chicago, parking will set you back twenty bucks, but I like the idea of getting a conference room for free.

6. Anyone want an after hours kind of event, like a ball game or something? Anything going on of interest in Chicago during mid september? Any conflicts? No idea.

Friday-Sunday might be a little long, unless we have a full out conference going, imo, but we could do an all day saturday, part day sunday. I'm up for getting anything going.

Last edited:
•••
Friday-Sunday might be a little long, unless we have a full out conference going, imo, but we could do an all day saturday, part day sunday. I'm up for getting anything going.

You're right about Friday...
Another point I just thought of: That would most likely be the time of travel for most.

Whatever, and wherever would be great for me.
But If it were in Chicago, I would work hard to make it a very informative, and fun event.

Any other opinions out there, other than Toms and mine???

Thanks,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
Ha! I see there are 2 options.

1. Guys from America want to meet to discuss things
2. Guys from the Europe want to drink some stuff, smoke some stuff and to relax

Dunno, the majority is decision maker, but for example I won't get the US visa, and it's very clear :)

P.S. Some of countries need to get Visa to go USA

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, at a personal level, I'm more interested in meeting folks within my region, I don't have funds to go traipsing around the country or world. Unless, you want to buy Satellite.tv for x,xxx,xxx , the party's on, then.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back