IT.COM

Last 2wks Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone else had a dramatic drop in revenues in the last 2wks on Sedo parking?

I'm looking at my statistics now and my views have been constant over the last 2/3 months, if anything I have had an increase since new domains added.

But the avg number of clicks has hs dropped in the last month from avg 20 a day to about 10. and of course revenue has dropped accordingly.

I can’t for the life of me think why this would happen? Has Sedo tightened what it calls clicks from non quality sources? All I can imagine is that they have restricted the possibilities of click sources?

Do they refund the companies who pay for the advert or google??

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes. Ive noticed some oddly low stats.. but as of yesterday they seem to be back up on the rise.

•••
my sonyps3.co.uk has had over 100 views this month and only 6 clicks usully its bout 10-15 by the 24th

wierd :tri:

dx3k

•••
I have noticed that as well.

A large portion of the US has experienced hurricane and flood disasters in the past month. That is impacting the economy and will trickle down to all business in the months to come.

People are more concerned with getting on with their lives than going shopping.

Just my opinion, of course ...

•••
Due to Sedo's anti-cheat policies you cant argue this with them - how can you monitor clicks without clicking yourself to see if this appears in the statistics- which means you're in breach of your contract with them.

In theory they could pocket the profit made off clicks and just not register them on your statistics - could raise themselves a lot of money :p

•••
A large portion of the US has experienced hurricane and flood disasters in the past month. That is impacting the economy and will trickle down to all business in the months to come.

I dont think this is a reason
The number of views has stayed constant - which tells you that the overall traffic has not changed. In theory then your percentage of people clicking will stay roughly the same - as these are the end users and do not occur any cost the econmony status will not affect whether they click or not. I can image that the economy will affect the dollar/click rate - but what is in question here is why the number of clicks per view has gone down?

•••
I've gotten WAY more this month... I dunno guys. :-/

•••
jehnidiah said:
I've gotten WAY more this month... I dunno guys. :-/

Same here ;)

•••
perhaps it just UK domains then? - you guys with performing domains, are these .coms or other?
I'm not talking a small drop on mine - my view/click ratio is nearly half what it was last month?

•••
•••
I noticed this as well, and I thought it was just me... Last month I went out with a bang at Sedo, so I expected September would continue pumping in the $$$... but from September 1st, to September 20th (to be exact) there was a severe decrease from my usual daily revenue.

On the 21st of September, things jumped back up to normal, and then on the 22nd it surpassed all the previous revenues... now it appears things are back to normal... well, as normal as they were before September 1st.

I wonder exactly how much I lost? It's unsettling to hear this has happened to others. Something must have been out of whack!

Jennifer

•••
It is across the boards on most parking related to adsense I believe ..... Domainhop is the same as well ....

•••
yep, adsense for me is way down also, from about 7$ a day down to 2$ a day. Sedo is down from about 10$ a day to 3$-4$ a day

•••
Over the last few days ive noticed that my domain revenue has stopped if this does not change quickley i shall be forced to move my names. Would like to know if anyone else has experanced this.

•••
Anyone found a reason for this change yet?

would anyone like to speculate whether this is a temp change or a permanent change in revenue levels

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back