IT.COM

Downturn continues (Sedo)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The coming of the new month has done nothing to sedo revenues. Normally the monthly change brings a small increase in PPC revenue which normally tapers out towards the end of the month but this month it seems the depressed season continues?

does anyone have an explanation of this which first started in the second week of last month?

personally my monthly has dropped to floor level, i'll be paying them to park soon! currently my best ppc is a betting domain at $0.5 are any other areas fairing better??

D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yep

this month seems surprisingly low

•••
bad results here either... NO clicks for about 4days now D-:

•••
ouch... off to domainhop then, guys

•••
I have a domain with "loans" as the keyword, which paid $1.89 for 1 click. Problem is, only had one click since the 2nd of October!!

•••
I went from over .50 a day average on three of my domains to a total of THREE cents SO FAR in all of the days this month. They're definitely cheating us here, folks. I even had my girlfriend go to a site and click on something to see if it registered, and it never did come through, and that was two days ago. They're freakin cheating us out of our money.

•••
jehnidiah said:
I went from over .50 a day average on three of my domains to a total of THREE cents SO FAR in all of the days this month. They're definitely cheating us here, folks. I even had my girlfriend go to a site and click on something to see if it registered, and it never did come through, and that was two days ago. They're freakin cheating us out of our money.

Seems true... I hope it's not... 8^X

•••
I did a test over the past weekend when my stats weren't updating for several hours. After reading threads on multiple forums about it, I figured I needed to test it for myself.

So I did a page view of two of my sites that receive no traffic. Nothing reported for several hours, but they eventually showed up. And at the same time, a large amount of hits for other domains were also reported - so I can only assume that there are periods of severe lag in the statistics.

I think we can reasonably guess that Sedo is experiencing some growth issues and their current systems need some improvement. But I don't think they are cheating me.

Hopefully Sedo realizes that system downtime hurts them a hell of a lot more than it hurts me, and they will take the necessary steps to work out all the recent problems (and ensure they do not happen again).

Still, I have some concerns and if things don't improve in the next few months I may start looking to park somewhere else. Hrmmm... probably at Fabulous. :)

Last edited:
•••
HI

I have seen a slow down in sedo income over the past month also but starting this month my domainhop.com income has dropped by 90% not sure why. So I have moved all my active traffic domains back to sedo.com to see if it helps any...

Maybe I should also give Fabulous a try soon, it seems every one I try is up and down lately lol..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
I wouldn't think about asking anyone or clicking my own links to find out what’s going on! :p

but from what i can see (this is based on before and after) my "views" are similar, though this is hard to judge as I have added more domains than I have removed. The "clicks" on the other hand have dropped away to nothing.

Now i cant see what would effect the click rates on any of my domains so I can only assume that are large percentage of my clicks are not been registered. >:(

Theory:
An upturn in domain registrations and the success of sedo and other domain parking programs means that the "funds" for adsense have been used up at a faster rate than the programming behind ever imagined. Perhaps now only certain domains on a sedo parking page have funds behind them and so some clicks aren't recorded because if there are no funds behind that advert they can’t tell the site manager this as currently i think they offer a guaranteed 5cents/euros per click minimum.

If the domain reg trend contines i cant see this recovering as the percieved value of advertising online to companies is low.

Waiting to see if adsense drop their minimum click value. :'(

What is annoying is that sedo dont even mention the fact

•••
worst day so far $0.26 when it used to be $5+ for less views?

•••
I can't complain - I'm kind'a tickled ...

Revenue is up by 1/3 over last month for the same timeperiod.

•••
sedo is still good for some names!

well, i have spread my names over diffirent parking place to test out the earnings! so far no conclusive results since "the change"!

it seems the drop in revenue is across the board!

•••
charlie_uk said:
Perhaps now only certain domains on a sedo parking page have funds behind them and so some clicks aren't recorded because if there are no funds behind that advert they can’t tell the site manager this as currently i think they offer a guaranteed 5cents/euros per click minimum.

I would think different, if an advertiser doesn't have anymore fund in their account, my bet is their listing would just drop until more fund is added.

•••
Can this have anything to do with what I see happening with google? Over the past few weeks I have had sites drop from the top spots at google only to be replaced by another of my sites that are not as well optimized as the one that dropped. This would explain hits coming from google, but if most of this is type-in's it wouldn't make sense.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back