Dynadot

discuss Knowing the trademarks ......

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Saka77

Restricted (66% DM)
Impact
Hello my friends .

How can i know if my domain name is violating any trademark ??

Merry Christmas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
USPTO is only for U.S. trademarks; go to WIPO to see trademarks, alive/dead/pending, all over the world.

Put your keyword/s into the 'text' field and hit enter. Note: after each search, you must 'x' out the current keyword search; if you just add another keyword for another search, it will add the new keywords to the old keywords and you'll get a skewed search of the combined keywords.

Good luck

•••
USPTO is only for U.S. trademarks; go to WIPO to see trademarks, alive/dead/pending, all over the world.

Put your keyword/s into the 'text' field and hit enter. Note: after each search, you must 'x' out the current keyword search; if you just add another keyword for another search, it will add the new keywords to the old keywords and you'll get a skewed search of the combined keywords.

Good luck
So What can i do if i found my domain is registered in 16 trademarks all over the world ??

Is this good or bad ??

Last edited:
•••
So What can i do if i found my domain is registered in 16 trademarks all over the world ??

Is this good or bad ??
Registering a domain already trademark by someone else is prima facie bad only. Need to see what is the trademark which are talking about to have a clear picture before commenting further.

•••
Hello

Can i register a Domain Name while that word shows Pending status for Trademark Approval. And it is the only Word with Pending Status without any other Active or inactive TM Status for that word.
Thanks.

•••
Hello

Can i register a Domain Name while that word shows Pending status for Trademark Approval. And it is the only Word with Pending Status without any other Active or inactive TM Status for that word.
Thanks.

The Trademark on registration is effective from the date of application, so it will become a matter of argument and depends upon various other factors like since when the use of the mark is claimed in the pending TM application or otherwise how common or dictinctive the word is or in which juridiction it is in use and so on.

•••
The Trademark on registration is effective from the date of application, so it will become a matter of argument and depends upon various other factors like since when the use of the mark is claimed in the pending TM application or otherwise how common or dictinctive the word is or in which juridiction it is in use and so on.
So registering an Inactive TM name for several could pose problems. Thanks.

•••
There is a difference between 'Pending' and 'Inactive'... as Trademark which was recently applied may remain pending till it gets registered. While a registered Trademark may become Inactive on the failure of the Trademark Owner to renew the same.

So an inactive mark may not be a problem, in case the said business has vanished and no presence could be located. While ofcourse a pending Trademark may pose problems !

•••
There is a difference between 'Pending' and 'Inactive'... as Trademark which was recently applied may remain pending till it gets registered. While a registered Trademark may become Inactive on the failure of the Trademark Owner to renew the same.

So an inactive mark may not be a problem, in case the said business has vanished and no presence could be located. While ofcourse a pending Trademark may pose problems !
Thank You Very Much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back