NameSilo

question Keyword domain Worth registering?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PAVAN

Established Member
Impact
There is a science word which has around 1200-1500 search volume per month and CPC $14. Is it worth registering?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No way to tell without knowing the word. If its up and coming or future tech maybe. Just know its a crapshoot if any will want the exact niche name you pick. Most all valuable niches are scooped up speculatively before they ever are a thing. If you believe you have found some gem go register it before posting it here as long as its not trademark infringement.

•••
Try checking the estimated SERP on Estibot and GoDaddy Appraisal. That way, you can make an informed decision. Although ^1500 doesn't sound bad to me. I would have gone for it.

•••
What should be the minimum Search Volume for a Keyword to be considered for Registering as a Domain.
Thanks.

•••
What should be the minimum Search Volume for a Keyword to be considered for Registering as a Domain.
Thanks.
All the domain worth calculators use estimated values in their algorithms. And most of them clearly warn you against making a decision based on the numbers they present.

So, I will say, screw the numbers and follow your guts.

Let me tell you a story, a while back, a friend registered OLX.com! I laughed! But a few years later, he was laughing his way to the bank!! Same applies to google, Yahoo, fiverr, etsy......what kind of names are these!! Somehow they found their way to the dictionary! :)

Last edited:
•••
All the domain worth calculators use estimated values in their algorithms. And most of them clearly warn you against making a decision based on the numbers they present.

So, I will say, screw the numbers and follow your guts.

Let me tell you a story, a while back, a friend registered OLX.com! I laughed! But a few years later, he was laughing his way to the bank!! Same applies to google, Yahoo, fiverr, etsy......what kind of names are these!! Somehow they found their way to the dictionary! :)
Your are Absolutely Right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back