NameSilo

domain KennethCole.net

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domains_for_sale

Established Member
Impact
85
Wish I could say this is a distant cousin or something...
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
bump
 
0
•••
Domains like these have value only to people with that name. In this case, Kenneth Cole is a huge TM so anyone owning it will probably risk it being taken away by the real Kenneth Cole trademark owner,
 
0
•••
I'm not to worried about that.
 
0
•••
getchaname said:
I'm not to worried about that.
Well potential buyers would be...
Who wants to purchase a domain that would just be taken by the TM owner?
 
0
•••
Frankly, you should be worried about TM - considering your violating it. Not only could you lose the domain name, but could be sued for damages. The other issue stems from potential buyers - who would buy this name? There is only one end-user and their the TM holder. IMO - this domain is not worth the trouble it can bring.
 
0
•••
What is the plan with this domain? The only value is TM related. Being an exact match of the TM term doesn't really help.

I would suggest you remove any Kenneth Cole ads from appearing on the parked page.

Brad
 
0
•••
•There are 1,012 people in the U.S. named Kenneth Cole according to HowManyOfMe.com

Even thou Kenneth Cole is a registered trademark, if somebody who has that name want's to own it, don't they have the right to do that?
 
0
•••
Sure they do, as long as they don't infringe on the Kenneth Cole TM.

Refer to the Nissan.com case for a situation like that.

Brad

sportomoney said:
•There are 1,012 people in the U.S. named Kenneth Cole according to HowManyOfMe.com

Even thou Kenneth Cole is a registered trademark, if somebody who has that name want's to own it, don't they have the right to do that?
 
0
•••
you guys are funny
 
0
•••
This name is worth $0, and may end up costing you much more.

Right now, you're profiting from the Kenneth Cole brand on your parked page, so you could be sued for trademark infringement already.
 
0
•••
Like I said I'm not worried but I really appreciate the legal advice.
 
0
•••
Please read up in the legal forums because one should ALWAYS be mindful of trademarks. Most anyone who's been in this business wouldn't touch a TMed name with a ten foot pole. You may get lucky for a while on some parked revenue but sooner or later the TM holder will get the site from you for free (and for very expensive legal costs to u, sometimes) if they want it.
 
0
•••
Who here is a smart lawyer? Let me ask the question; are all domain names venerable no matter what??? If you cannot "honestly" answer this question, please don't you will totally make a fool out of yourself...
 
0
•••
You would do well to listen to the people giving you opinions. Research their posts and you will see they have given valuable advice to other domainers. Insulting these individuals is not wise.

You asked for an appraisal and you got it.
 
0
•••
He brings up a valid point I think.. If you aren't a lawyer, you shouldn't be handing out legal advice. Every other name in this appraisal thread lately seems to get at least one person claiming "trademark issues" on it. The whole world is trademarked these days. You can't own anything apparently.

As for this domain's value...unless your name is Kenneth Cole, or you have the rights to sell Kenneth Cole related merchandise..then I don't see how it has any value.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
getchaname said:
Who here is a smart lawyer? Let me ask the question; are all domain names venerable no matter what??? If you cannot "honestly" answer this question, please don't you will totally make a fool out of yourself...
This name is worth zero even without the TM issues. If you're looking to build a portfolio of troublesome and worthless names, you are certainly on the right track. I just checked, and you still have time to get a refund and save yourself the wasted reg fee. Best of luck with future registrations.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I didn't intend to insult anyone I promise, as I got constructive criticism I did the same based on experience. I only asked for an appraisal I didn't demand it nor did I ask for any legal advice, if one didn't want to waste any time on this topic one didn't have too... For the record I have no problem with any one in these forums and I enjoy a good dialog no matter what side of the fence you are on.
 
0
•••
getchaname said:
I didn't intend to insult anyone I promise, as I got constructive criticism I did the same based on experience. I only asked for an appraisal I didn't demand it nor did I ask for any legal advice, if one didn't want to waste any time on this topic one didn't have too... For the record I have no problem with any one in these forums and I enjoy a good dialog no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Peace...I enjoy dialog too.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back