domain KeepCalm.com

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notarius43

Established Member
Impact
Please appraise KeepCalm.com domain name. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My opinion, atleast $5k, probably much more.

•••
Received an offer $5.5k today, but don’t know if I shall sell...

•••
Sold for $10,320 in sedo last year. Are you the buyer? Then you must counter with mid $xx,xxx This is a great name BTW! Cheers! (y)

•••
Sold for $10,320 in sedo last year. Are you the buyer? Then you must counter with mid $xx,xxx This is a great name BTW! Cheers! (y)
There was no deal on SEDO last year (I was the seller in this case, but no buyer in fact). I bought at GoDaddy auction in 2017, for $30500... Would be happy if would buy for $10k.

•••
There was no deal on SEDO last year (I was the seller in this case, but no buyer in fact). I bought at GoDaddy auction in 2017, for $30500... Would be happy if would buy for $10k.

Hi

considering what you said you paid for it,
I wouldn't be asking for appraisals.... and posting it for sale, on the same day.

maybe you haven't had time to get to know your domain or let it speak, to you.

sooo, read it to yourself a few times.

imo...

•••
Same day? What you mean? :)

•••
It's a pretty good name but it could be years before you ever get your money back.

•••
I'm actually curious....what your thought process was paying that much for that name?

•••
I thinks it's a popular phrase, why wouldn't it be worth alot. but i'd only pay that much if i had a personal use in mind

•••
remaincalm.com is for sale for $14,995

•••
•••
You got moneyyyyyyyy!

The name is really valuable because it's a popular phrase(maybe not as much as it used to be, but still is). But why would you buy it for so much if you're not the end-user?

Does it have copyright issues or something???

Last edited:
•••
You got moneyyyyyyyy!

The name is really valuable because it's a popular phrase(maybe not as much as it used to be, but still is). But why would you buy it for so much if you're not the end-user?

Does it have copyright issues or something???
No issues at all. Can use as you want - also to sell items with „Kepp calm“ on them.

I bought many names on auctions 1.5-2 years ago - almost all are sold, now selling last names and going completely out of domain business.

•••
I thinks it's a popular phrase

It was buzz phrase/fad that started to die off mid 2018. The more time that passes the less it's worth. You used to see "keep calm" memes everywhere. Now, not so much. You could have made a killing selling Keep Calm swag with that domain.

If someone truly wants to pay you $5K, take it. When you buy domains that are buzz phrases, you have to be motivated to sell quickly or you risk never selling at a price worth wasting time over. The next time the "Keep Calm" fad comes along, domain names will probably be extinct as we know them.

•••
It was buzz phrase/fad that started to die off mid 2018. The more time that passes the less it's worth. You used to see "keep calm" memes everywhere. Now, not so much. You could have made a killing selling Keep Calm swag with that domain.

If someone truly wants to pay you $5K, take it. When you buy domains that are buzz phrases, you have to be motivated to sell quickly or you risk never selling at a price worth wasting time over. The next time the "Keep Calm" fad comes along, domain names will probably be extinct as we know them.

I agree, the key is to sell quickly at the height of that fad...
Or develop and establish the name....whether selling merch or something else.

The seller must be happy with that 30k

•••
I think it has mid-high $xx,xxx potential with a long term outlook which means planning to hold the name for 5+ years, price it high and wait. KeepCalm is a highly memorable brand, every one who speaks English I would think has said this phrase before. It flows and has a good positive vibe and feeling associated with the words.

Reseller level is unpredictable for two word .com $5.5k is too low imo esp considering what you have invested. But you may find liquidity around high $x,xxx or even low $xx,xxx with the right exposure. GL!

Last edited:
•••
KeepCalm.com is an easy 5 figure domain in my view. I think even on a reseller venue like NJ it would likely sell for more than $5K.

I don't really see "Keep Calm" as some trendy phrase. It is a phrase that will remain popular for a long time and there are many end users using the term where this domain is obviously a massive upgrade.

Brad

•••
A great name taken in many, many extensions, including lots of ccTLDs and ngTLDs. I agree with a 5-fig. Maybe even a high one, if “lucky”.

Best of luck!

•••
I think you bought it at the peak of the hype....$5K-$10K is what I would take if there is an offer.

This is history for that search term, I dont think it will go up again, unless Trump decides to Tweet about it.
J8lU7uy.png

•••
You paid over 30k for it!?

It's a good name, no doubt. But 30k is pretty steep. That said, presumably there was a lot of interest if it bid up that high.

I wouldn't accept 5k for it. Sure, it's a bit memey, but it's got a lot of historical significance too, and it's not going to fall out of popular consciousness.

I'd look at auctioning it and trying to generate some interest. Probably set a reserve to avoid losing too much. I'd be surprised if it hit 30k again but you can do better than 5k.

Did you really pay 30k? Or was that a typo?

Last edited:
•••
you bought it for $30500 or $3050?!
if $30k then why bother with $5k offer?

•••
From namebio.com
last sold for $30,500 on 2017-03-31 at GoDaddy

Great name. I think, if you hold the name longer, you'll get a decent return in the future. Unfortunately you want to exit domaining, which means you'll let go of the name cheap/early.

I think 5K is low, even as resell price. Hope you get a higher offer soon.

Good luck!!

•••
you bought it for $30500 or $3050?!
if $30k then why bother with $5k offer?
$30500. I don’t bother with $5k offer and trying to get more for it.

•••
$30500. I don’t bother with $5k offer and trying to get more for it.
oh boy! with $30k you could have bought pronounceable 3L or common dictionary word .com

try to hire a broker to sell it for you for 40k

good luck

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back