IT.COM

.tv Keep or Drop - Thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'd be interested in hearing thoughts from .tv holders which of these names you'd recommend as keepers or drops? What are your thoughts on these names?

Appartements (Apartments in French & Dutch)
BBQs
Bedrooms
Commedia (Comedy in Italian)
Condoms
Encryption
Fische (Fish in German)
Fischen (Fishing in German)
Implants
Kaffee (Coffee in German)
Meubles (Furniture in French)
Prostitute
Restaurante (Restaurant in Spanish)
Semen
Snowboarden (Snowboarding in German & Dutch)
Toners
Wrinkles

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just my view but IMO keep...
Appartements (though I was surprised at search volume only 2k; Spanish apartamentos 60k)
Commedia
Fischen
Meubles
Snowboarden

•••
•••
I think if we are being honest, no matter how high any of us may be on .tv as an extension, the foreign words .tv have not been selling like hotcakes, or any cakes for that matter. I don't think the names you own are bad, but prepared to renew for years tacking on another $125 to $250 a name for the next 5 to 10 years. Of course one $5,000 sale rights the ship, the question is will it come ?

I am not being negative, I just don't think there have been that many German,Spanish,Dutch, French word .tv sales to justify carrying a big portfolio of them, I would keep the ones you like the best.

I hold two French names Deux.tv (2) and Soleil.tv (Sun) Soleil is also my nieces name so I would be keeping that anyway, but Deux has been one I thought would sell when I and others were selling other numbers one through ten, and outside of lowball offers nothing substantial in 7 years. I am willing to continue to wait on that one, but if I had 20 French.tv names I would be dropping most, the demand has not been there end user or wholesale. I did sell Oui.tv (Yes) at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. two years ago for $800. Again IMO

I would absolutely hold encryption.tv.

•••
i would drop all of them... nor would i reg any if they were avail

imho only

•••
I wouldn't recommend that you renew any...Maybe auction them all off fast..
At the least. keep one you really like(maybe if it has a special significance to you)..

•••
I'd keep Commedia but probably drop the rest.

•••
Commedia is relevant, that's the only one I would keep. Maybe I'm lying, I would flip a coin for Kaffee :xf.smile:

•••
I believe Equity makes a good point about foreign-language domains. I do get occasional inquiries but unlike the four and five-figure sales we see reported, these offers are always low $xxx. Recently I received an inquiry on a one-word Spanish .TV with the party stating it was for a non-profit. I checked out the email to see what domains they owned. They had a couple of domains with the keyword of my domain. However, it turned out they are another Mexico City video production company trying to lowball me.

I'm not sure if it is realistic to wait for five-figure offers on most foreign-language domains particularly .TV

•••
Commedia is relevant, that's the only one I would keep. Maybe I'm lying, I would flip a coin for Kaffee :xf.smile:
i have Spanish version & have had good number of inquiries.

I'm very careful with foreign .tv's though, would only buy top keywords & even then be prepared to wait on endusers.

•••
I'll give you another example of a recent Spanish TV.com inquiry. The name was forwarded to DNS nameservers so the inquiry came in via a DNS broker. Based on my experience with Spanish domains and the lack of four-figure sales I quoted a high $XXX price to the broker. He turned around and gave the potential buyer a mid $XXXX quote. Had it worked I guess I would be praising DNS for giving me the best sale in my domaining career. However, I just don't believe the Spanish market commonly gives out mid-$xxxx sales for what essentially would be a brandable .COM where the Keyword Planner stats (w/o TV) are 50k monthly with CPC $1.74 . So likely scenario is that buyer will go looking for an alternative name.

•••
•••
I quoted a high $XXX price to the broker. He turned around and gave the potential buyer a mid $XXXX quote..

DNS brokers do that often which can be frustrating.
Obviously it's great when they do ask for more & buyer bites but i feel sometimes dns brokers have scared away buyers by doing this.

I now deal with all leads that come through my dns landers & only ask for broker to get involved if i feel i need their assistance.

•••
•••
Thanks to all who commented. What about "product" .tv names? I thought that they could be good (especially high value products) because if you do advertising on TV, advertising something like BBQs.tv would be catchy & easy to remember.

Implants - I would've thought it's good for breast implants or dental implants as they cost a lot of money.
Wrinkles - big market for anti-aging
Condoms - another big market

I've had 2 offers previously on "Encryption" from other domainers so yes this one is definitely a keeper for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back