Dynadot

news Kain Automotive changed KainAutomotive.com into kain.auto

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Kain Automotive changed domain of official site these days, from KainAutomotive.com to Kain.Auto.
do you think Kain.Auto more brandable,memorable?
what do you think about this news?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
ok, if people are lazy will show the examples here ,because 'nobody knows' is too confusing term in a 'pro territory' if interested look here :

1) 301
and
2) google webmaster tools

look here (with numbers and examples) :

http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/how-to-change-domain-names-keep-your-rankings-in-google/

https://moz.com/learn/seo/redirection

http://www.seoblog.com/2014/06/link-juice-lost-301-redirect/

http://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/301-redirect-test-how-much-link-juice-are-you-losing/

Bing have improved since this case study was done back in 2010. I'm not going to get in to this debate as it's totally irrelevant, traffic and seo are of little concern in this instance. Go pose the question over on BHW and 99.9% of posters will tell you from their own experience that a small amount of link juice can be lost through 301 redirection. If redirection isn't handled properly it can have a devastating effect, i.e using a 302.

Why disrupt your serps, seo and traffic when you can forward your new domain to your existing ranked .com domain. It can serve the same purpose without any disruption. Speaking of lazy... The sales pitch given was that it "may provide a better SEO ranking". Perhaps they could provide some data to back up this rather vague and dubious claim.

Last edited:
•••
i think domainers must have some knowledge but anyway, thank for links :P

https://moz.com/learn/seo/redirection , is a sort of redirects examples
http://www.seoblog.com/2014/06/link-juice-lost-301-redirect/ , this one is saying that redirect is used by black hat seo webmasters, i don't understand the aim of this article, maybe you want to say that affiliates are dead in 2015 ? i don't think so, look at any log in your domains and you will understand what i mean when you will find links going to ....Aliexpress...

the third link have graphs and is ok if you use google with the 301 and everythink is fine, i mean the arguments about traffic lost is diluting

if bing and/ or yahoo have problems with traffic after redirects you have to address that problem to them and not blame the market metamorphosis with entry of ngtld's ... and sure they will adapt their engines for new 'babies'

even if it is not appropriate to compare market share of Bing (20.1%) or yahoo vs google (64.4% +++ ) and com vs ngtld , at all :)

about SEO pitch :

go for this if you are attached to bing https://www.bing.com/search?q=asset+domains&go=Submit&qs=bs&form=QBLH

or if you prefer yahoo https://fr.search.yahoo.com/search?p=asset+domains&fr=yfp-t-405

and you wil find who is in first postition and after late entry ( without marketing , without any optimizations, ) in my example and even if is not a professional exapmple, it's mine argument i can test any minute.

if you write the same in google you will find different results... and no com in 1st, 2nd, 3rd ... pages ( bizzare ? :)) , but maybe it can differ from locations, but all 3 sites are in english

ps: (99.9% of posters will tell ..... that a small amount of link juice can be lost)
interesting combination of big numbers and small amount of link juice , just later realized that your signatures are 100% coms :)
:)))))

•••
Going way off track here, we all know seo is evolving and keywords will become less important, rather user intent, experience, ux design, social presence, citations, news relevance, bounce rate etc are going to determine ranking.

The point is this discussion has gone way off track and gtlds have zero seo benefit.

There is no problem purchasing a gtld as an extra domain name, we all agree on that I hope. But using it to then get rid of your .com would be a mistake, I hope we all agree on that too?

•••
just a correction, zero benefits doesnt' sound like worst , it may be EQUALLY at minumum after current data

when you say 'we all know that search engines will evolve' and kw will be less important here i can counterargue, nobody knows how it will be, the seo seminars i have participated to didn't have any inside info on this

Last edited:
•••
Ads have nothing to do with seo.

Gtlds have no benefit to seo

Anyway, good luck.

•••
EDIT : thank You for your comment, @disaac81 , we are getting off track but some other links / articles / examples are welcome.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Newbies tend to forget that tld and domain name are different things.

KeywordKeyword.com
vs
Keyword.Keyword

The dot com has both keywords in the domain name, the gtld does not, only one.

Since google does not favor keyword in tld, it seems to make sense to stick with the dot com if you have your domain name already.

That being said, remember that keyword in domain name is only a very small factor (and I do mean small in terms on algo, but perhaps slightly bigger in terms of human intuition), you still need to do all the rest right.

•••
ok, but after http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.fr/2015/07/googles-handling-of-new-top-level.html

A: Overall, our systems treat new gTLDs like other gTLDs (like .com & .org). Keywords in a TLD do not give any advantage or disadvantage in search.

that means it will be the same in search, now if you are saying stick on old tld based on Algo , which is the same, why you are not quantifying the human intuition in this ? also again for single KW it will be difficult since they are too limited and there are many companies.

•••
after read this, i have plan buy domain biscuit.london
maybe some biscuit shop in london will buy my domain..

•••
•••
"may provide a better SEO ranking"

How can you get better than 1? You're already #1 for your own name, which is one of the easiest things to do. Are you talking about some other keywords you're targetting? And if so, why would it give you a boost?

"minimally dependent on our website for business"

This is what goes for news in the new gltd forum. I guess there wasn't a press release to pass off as news today.

"As a digital marketing consultant to the Automotive Industry" - KainAuto

Who would you rather do marketing business with? Someone who knows about the nTLDs or someone who does not? When approaching new clients, it shows his company is up to date with the times and innovation.

At least now when he has a prospective client question of his experience of the nTLDs he can give a first hand experience.

•••
"As a digital marketing consultant to the Automotive Industry" - KainAuto

Who would you rather do marketing business with? Someone who knows about the nTLDs or someone who does not? When approaching new clients, it shows his company is up to date with the times and innovation.

At least now when he has a prospective client question of his experience of the nTLDs he can give a first hand experience.

"Someone who knows nTLDs" who probably has little or no knowledge of internet marketing and seo, let alone branding.

•••
•••
"Someone who knows nTLDs" who probably has little or no knowledge of internet marketing and seo, let alone branding.

It is OK, I do not wish to convince you. I have no reason to.

Just do not come into the nTLD press threads and run your mouth saying only nTLD supporters are defending nTLDs when you are clearly defending .com.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever route you choose.

•••
It is OK, I do not wish to convince you. I have no reason to.

Just do not come into the nTLD press threads and run your mouth saying only nTLD supporters are defending nTLDs when you are clearly defending .com.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever route you choose.

It's a discussion forum, people can come into threads and discuss. disaac already hit it. To your question, I would want to do business with people who make good decisions, not experiment with their clients.

•••
•••
•••
It's a discussion forum, people can come into threads and discuss. disaac already hit it. To your question, I would want to do business with people who make good decisions, not experiment with their clients.

From a couple of days ago - http://dngeek.com/2015/11/83-newly-...ames-moni-com-rocketfiber-com-caremonkey-com/

1 out of 83 new gtlds and that 1 looks pretty empty.

I am curious as to why you are selling the domains in your sig. Cooking.App, .services, .gold.

Good luck.

•••
I am curious as to why you are selling the domains in your sig. Cooking.App, .services, .gold.

Good luck.

? Why do domainers sell domains? And they're .coms, I don't venture over to the second rate extensions (these days).

•••
? Why do domainers sell domains? And they're .coms, I don't venture over to the second rate extensions.

Good luck incorporating a .com in the logo. I can tell you one thing, a Mowing.Services with a lawn mower logo would do better than a MowingServices.com. IMO!! Like I said, good luck. Everyone has different visions.

•••
Good luck incorporating a .com in the logo. I can tell you one thing, a Mowing.Services with a lawn mower logo would do better than a MowingServices.com. IMO!! Like I said, good luck. Everyone has different visions.

You really don't need it in the logo, most sites don't have it because it's just kind of understood it's a .com. Even GoDaddy dropped the .com. See above, no .com in the Namepros logo. You're going to need more luck than me with extensions the common folk have never heard of. So Good Luck.

•••
You really don't need it in the logo, most sites don't have it because it's just kind of understood it's a .com. Even GoDaddy dropped the .com. See above, no .com in the Namepros logo. You're going to need more luck than me with extensions the common folk have never heard of. So Good Luck.

So leave the .com out and welcome the ambiguity (since all the .com-ers say the new extensions will bring in the confusion)

•••
Good work from XYZ and Uniregistry!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back