Dynadot

Jigsaw.com Building A Spam List, Scraping Sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone who runs analytics on their sites / domains may have seen that Jigsaw.com paid them a visit recently.

If you are not sure where to find this information, and you are running Google Analytics, just choose the 'network domain' option in your Behavior > Site Content > All Pages interface.

Here is a quick look at what our friends at Jigsaw are doing:
pwTvu0o.png

Best guess, since they are a company that profits from business contacts, is that they are scraping the zone file to find eMail addresses that are readily available on websites.

For those that don't know, the zone file is the list of all domains/URLs that are currently registered.

Since this snapshot is from domains that I have parked on a single page, you can see that Jigsaw has visited the domain, searched one page, and then left.

The reason why I am pointing all of this out, is so that anyone in the community that is considering using their service knows where Jigsaw obtains their contact information from.

Finding quality end user leads can be a challenging task, but that information is out there and you can easily scrape a website yourself, or just visit the site itself and get the contact information.

Selling leads that are readily available online sounds like quite the snake-oil sales pitch to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jigsaw is at it again, originating out out "Boulder Creek" California, just 10 miles from Palo Alto.

Jigsaw.com aka Salesforce aka Data.Com is looking for eMail addresses.

I didn't get slammed like before, but they tried to scrape 11 domains today.

jigsaw.com-scrape.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back