Dynadot

January Domain Sales End With a Bang & DNJournal Catches IP Thieves at DynoNames.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com with good news for domain investors and bad news for DNJ! The good news is January went out with a bang with 10 sales of at least 5-figures. The bad news for us is we learned that a WildWest reseller named DynoNames.com has been involved in wholesale theft of content from our site. They even went so far as to erase the author's names, print our articles verbatim and insert their own ads in the middle of the content they stole from us! It is the most blatant instance of IP theft I've seen to date. Read all about it, along with .info's resurgence on the New TLD chart through the link below:

Weekly Domain Sales Report at DNJournal.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are right DUKE I try to remember everyones name and stuff I have read and if see it somewhere else I will email them to let them know. HTis industry young we have to watch out for each other just like any other indistry that was starting out did.

I will say for whatever reason people think stats are public domain, they have to become better educated to copyrighted material.

•••
Duke said:
One of our readers saw it and tipped us off. We should all look out for each other and let our colleagues know if someone is stealing their work.

Agree 100%, Duke.

•••
Unfortunately, thr DMCA are not enforcable outside the USA. So the host doesnt have to do a thing :( But still, I wish you best of luck!

•••
I wanted to bring everyone up to date on this issue which has now been resolved. I finally got WildWest to get off their duff and start doing something. First they stripped the guys WhoIs proxy service, revealing what we already knew from forum member's research (nice to have it confirmed though). The guy then promptly bought it again and they stripped it again! They told me his contact info wasn't working. I said in that case his domain regstration for DynoNames.com should be cancelled as ICANN requires accurate WhoIs information. They sent me a letter asking me to send some more info on the copyright theft then they would consider revoking the domain.

I then sent a letter to Mr. Rachak (DynoNames owner) including the note from WildWest and informing him I was about to put him out of business. That prompted him to personally call me Friday and in that call he finally did something smart and was extremely apologetic. He claimed he was relatively new to the web and farmed out the website design (I know he did to someone in India) as well as the SEO work. He said his SEO guy told him to put some articles on the site to boost his page rank and that it was OK to take them from other sites as long as he put the source at the bottom. This of course is not true.

He told me he was not only taking down the material stolen from DNJ but was having the entire news section removed and he did promptly follow up on that. Odds are he was BSing me on not knowing what he was doing was wrong, and if he had not taken such a humble apologetic attitude in his call I would have pursued the matter but I can't continue to kick someone once they assume the fetal position. Will be interesting to see if his name ever appears in connection with this kind of thing again.

•••
Duke said:
I can't continue to kick someone once they assume the fetal position.

Why not?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back