Dynadot

January Domain Sales End With a Bang & DNJournal Catches IP Thieves at DynoNames.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com with good news for domain investors and bad news for DNJ! The good news is January went out with a bang with 10 sales of at least 5-figures. The bad news for us is we learned that a WildWest reseller named DynoNames.com has been involved in wholesale theft of content from our site. They even went so far as to erase the author's names, print our articles verbatim and insert their own ads in the middle of the content they stole from us! It is the most blatant instance of IP theft I've seen to date. Read all about it, along with .info's resurgence on the New TLD chart through the link below:

Weekly Domain Sales Report at DNJournal.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That really is remarkable! How did dynonames.com think they could get away with that?

Go after them hard Duke and I wish you good fortune in protecting your material!

Thanks again for all your hard work on DNJournal and especially for the sales reports...it's always a great read on Tuesday nights!

Thanks Duke,
Andrew

•••
zestydomains*com said:
That really is remarkable! How did dynonames.com think they could get away with that?

Go after them hard Duke and I wish you good fortune in protecting your material!

Thanks again for all your hard work on DNJournal and especially for the sales reports...it's always a great read on Tuesday nights!

Thanks Duke,
Andrew

I will definitely run them down. I will contact my attorney tomorrow as well since WildWest Domains has been no help in stopping the thieves (even though WildWest answers the phones and contact forms that come from the DynoNames site!). Though DynoNames says on their site they are based in Denver I have my doubts. Their nameservers go to a hosting company in India. From now on their name will be associated with IP theft. Our article will be indexed in Google and should appear the top of any search for Dynonames there. I will be adding an item on our front page tomorrow too to make sure everyone knows what they are doing.

•••
Pathetic, most actually change some words around, but that is just sad. It w*ould be interesting to see what you get from a potential case or case. Please post back with results.

e39m5

•••
•••
Looks like on the bottom it says source DNjournal.com do you think thety thought they could just take like you were a free moreover technologies RSS feed?

•••
Duke said:
I will definitely run them down.

When I look back at the days dukey first started DNJournal on a hunch and whisper of hope, and the incredible amount of persistent hard sweat week after week without fail and dedication he put in since then to make it a workable income proposition, one can only understand the immense anger and frustration when some creep steals that work for free. And the only way you can fight back is through legal channels. Sucks!!

Hiring a lawyer will require money and a less lavish dinner on the table for a whole week, lets help in our little ways to help pay for this. I've donated $100 (yes, I am unfortunately a poor mole), all you rich basterds to do the same.

Dukey's PayPal is [email protected] . Please donate. Even $1 goes to show, honest work for honest pay must be protected.

•••
mole said:
Please donate. Even $1 goes to show, honest work for honest pay must be protected.

Mole that was an incredibly generous gesture which just underlines the kind of person you are. While I greatly appreciate it, the donation really isn't necessary and I will return it to you with thanks for your unwavering support over the years.

To others - Sticking that source link at the bottom does not allow you to steal complete articles, remove the author's names and stick your own advertisements within the articles so that you can profit for someone else's work. That is outright theft.

Here's the funny thing, these thieves are so inept that they immediately stole the article I wrote last night and put it on their site without bothering to read it. So their own customers can now read my two paragraphs telling them what thieves they are! Amazing.

I received many interesting emails over night including one identifying the thief after tracing him through WhoIs searches for other domains he owns:

Phil Rachak
2400 South Raritan Street.
Englewood, Colorado. 80110
Phone:303-598-6695
Email : [email protected]

Mr. Rachak will be receiving some bad news today. With the article in DNJournal and all of these forum posts being indexed in Google, he will find that what little he gained from his theft will cost far more than it was worth. The names DynoNames.com and Phil Rachak will be linked with intellectual property theft from now on anytime someone does a search on either term.

•••
Duke said:
Here's the funny thing, these thieves are so inept that they immediately stole the article I wrote last night and put it on their site without bothering to read it. So their own customers can now read my two paragraphs telling them what thieves they are! Amazing.

Classic! I saved a printscreen of their site, where they proclaim to all and sundry what thieves they are. This goes into my internet blunders folder. :hehe:

•••
•••
Sorry to hear it Duke ~ "Content" theft is always sad :(
- and it's not always the little guy who's doing it - I was contacted by a news site a few months ago over a "Parked" site through a popular content provider Who happened to be using a News Feed from another content provider .... etc ...
- By the time it ended up on my site - There was hardly any reference to Who had rights to it ~

Hope all ends up well !

•••
Thanks for sharing Duke (as always),
ST

•••
yah good luck with your case.... tell heaps of people about what dynomanes did and they will be out of buisness

•••
That's funny that they put your stuff against them on their own site.

•••
what a theft....terrible

•••
One reason I decided to write about them in that column was knowing that Google would then index the article and hopfeully list it high in their search results for DynoNames so the company's name would be linked from now on with IP theft. That has already happened. A search for DynoNames now brings up my article on page 1 (4th item) and the description quotes my passage about them being intellectual property thieves - perfect!

I have also found out who their hosting company is so I am now notifying them of the theft which could result in the DynoNames site being shut down. Under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) a hosting company becomes liable for stolen material on sites they host if they do nothing after being notified of the copyright infringement. To avoid a costly suit, many will pull the plug on the offending website.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Priceless!
Thanks for the chuckle.

•••
•••
as i see now , they modified it ....

it ends with :

"source : http://www.dnjournal.com/"

end at some point :

"As always, we welcome all verifiable sales reports from companies, private sellers or individuals with knowledge of an important sale made through any channel. To contribute information and help make this column better, just drop a note to [email protected]."

so it's true that is stolen content , but it is also true is free publicity ;) ;)

and one more thing......

that shows that you really have good content ;) ;) ;)

nice job :great:

•••
who does this clown think he is .. wow he must have thought duke was just born yesterday

•••
See Dodora v. Directi

mole said:
And the only way you can fight back is through legal channels. Sucks!!

Hiring a lawyer will require money and a less lavish dinner on the table for a whole week, lets help in our little ways to help pay for this. I've donated $100 (yes, I am unfortunately a poor mole), all you rich basterds to do the same.

Mole,
If an issue is morally right, in a generous America you don't have to be rich to bring IP thieves to Justice. See Dodora v. Directi at http://www.dodora.net for more info. Even the greedy do not profit long from greed.

Don't surrender, Duke! You may or may not get a Preliminary Injunction (PI) against DynoNames.com, but you can win at the end. There are lawyers out there who more concerned about justice than money. I salute Dodora for taking an IP thief like DirectI to the Court.

Duke said:
The bad news for us is we learned that a WildWest reseller named DynoNames.com has been involved in wholesale theft of content from our site. They even went so far as to erase the author's names, print our articles verbatim and insert their own ads in the middle of the content they stole from us! It is the most blatant instance of IP theft I've seen to date. Read all about it, along with .info's resurgence on the New TLD chart through the link below:

Weekly Domain Sales Report at DNJournal.com

Duke,
You can assert a claim against Directi.com and WildWest as well. See below ...

Domain Name: DYNONAMES.COM
Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Name Server: NS1.SECURE2HOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.SECURE2HOST.COM
Updated Date: 04-jan-2005
Creation Date: 21-jan-2003
Expiration Date: 21-jan-2006

Domain Name: SECURE2HOST.COM
Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT. LTD., DBA DIRECTI.COM
Whois Server: whois.directi.com
Referral URL: http://www.directi.com
Name Server: NS1.SECURE2HOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.SECURE2HOST.COM
Updated Date: 26-nov-2003
Creation Date: 23-apr-2002
Expiration Date: 23-apr-2005

Name: www.secure2host.com
Address: 203.199.75.46

Name: www.dynonames.com
Address: 203.199.75.46

inetnum: 203.199.0.0 - 203.199.255.255
netname: VSNL-IN
descr: Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd - India.
descr: Videsh Sanchar Bhawan, M.G. Road
descr: Fort, Bombay 400001
admin-c: IA15-AP
tech-c: VT43-AP
remarks: -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
remarks: This object can only be modified by APNIC hostmaster
remarks: If you wish to modify this object details please
remarks: send email to [email protected] with your organisation
remarks: account name in the subject line.
remarks: -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-VSNL-AP
mnt-routes: MAINT-VSNL-AP
changed: [email protected] 20040318
changed: [email protected] 20040319
source: APNIC

person: IP Administrator
nic-hdl: IA15-AP
e-mail: [email protected]
address: 6th Floor, LVSB, VSNL
address: Kashinath Dhuru marg, Prabhadevi
address: Dadar(W), Mumbai 400028
address: India
phone: +91-22-56633503
fax-no: +91-22-24320132
changed: [email protected] 20040312
mnt-by: MAINT-VSNL-AP

person: VSNL Tech
nic-hdl: VT43-AP
e-mail: [email protected]
address: 6th Floor, LVSB, VSNL
address: Kashinath Dhuru marg, Prabhadevi
address: Dadar(W), Mumbai 400028
address: India
phone: +91-22-56633503
fax-no: +91-22-24320132
changed: [email protected] 20040312
mnt-by: MAINT-VSNL-AP

•••
bluehost said:
Mole,
If an issue is morally right, in a generous America you don't have to be rich to bring IP thieves to Justice. See Dodora v. Directi at http://www.dodora.net for more info. Even the greedy do not profit long from greed.

Don't surrender, Duke! You may or may not get a Preliminary Injunction (PI) against DynoNames.com, but you can win at the end. There are lawyers out there who more concerned about justice than money. I salute Dodora for taking an IP thief like DirectI to the Court.

Thanks for the info Bluehost. I have filed a complaint with Dynonames' host. Under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act they become liable for pirated material on sites they host if they do nothng about it after being notified of the theft. The problem is the host is in India so I don't know if they will respect the law.

•••
Ouch, not good. I have run into it a little myself but nothing that bad as far as I know.

How did you catch these idiots?

•••
DomainOgre said:
Ouch, not good. I have run into it a little myself but nothing that bad as far as I know.

How did you catch these idiots?

One of our readers saw it and tipped us off. We should all look out for each other and let our colleagues know if someone is stealing their work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back