IT.COM

I've been getting 100% CTR's using Adcenter

NameSilo
Watch

juk2011

Account Closed
Impact
I ran a report on Adcenter 2 days ago and noticed I was getting 100% click through rates on nearly all my keywords and 50% on a few others.

I noticed that my average position for all these keywords was mostly between 10 and 20.

Does that sound weird to you?

How can I be getting such high click through rates without having a high position?

I can post a screenshot if it will help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest you immediately report this to google and tell them to verify it and that you have no association with this. Tell then you were suspicious & reported this.

Such kind of CTR's spell out immediate bans. Looks like someone is trying to get you banned.

•••
This was Adcenter not Google.

I also noticed they charged me for 78 clicks yet I only had a few visitors to my website (about 5).

My site going down maybe? That might explain that.

The CTR concerns me the most though as with such low average positions I would have thought 100% CTR's and 50% CTR's were unlikely.

•••
Click fraud? Could a competitor be clicking your ad to try to dry up your budget?

Such kind of CTR's spell out immediate bans. Looks like someone is trying to get you banned.

Publishers get banned for that, advertisers just pay and pay. You won't get banned, but it could get pretty expensive with nothing to show for it.

Look at your reports for any detailed demographic info you can get about those clicks.

I also noticed they charged me for 78 clicks yet I only had a few visitors to my website (about 5).

WAS your site down? That would explain it. Otherwise,any chance you have a typo in a destination URL? Or a site that's loading so slowly that people bail before the visit gets tracked?

Last edited:
•••
I thought Adcenter would have refunded me if it was click fraud. The search terms were all local search terms from different parts of the US, all different long tail searches.

I did get around 5 visitors so I couldn't have made a mistake with my url. You could be right about the site being slow to load, that would explain the missing 73 visitors.

•••
You could be right about the site being slow to load, that would explain the missing 73 visitors.

If so, ouch! That's an awfully high percentage of lost traffic!

Last edited:
•••
I would be surprised if you get any type of refund for click fraud...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back