NameSilo

Is Z tacky?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

netguy33

Established Member
Impact
3
Hey,

I am trying to come up with a domain name for a new website and ive found a half decent domain name but in the domain where an S should be it has a Z, for example: summarize.com.

I know your supposed to choose a domain that is spelt how it sounds and by using a Z instead of an S im really not following that domain "rule" so to speak.

I would appreciate you opinion on the matter as it may help me choose a domain.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
netguy33 said:
I think it would be possible to have it as a fully fledged hoody brand rather than just a domain name.

Maybe you should look into doing something a bit like www.spreadshirt.com and allow designers to provide your store for you, although i would specify designs had to be top quality (people could vote on them) that way you dont end up with alot of the crap stuff found on www.cafepress.com.

If you need help with the project i am a programmer, im sure we could work something out :D

Thanks. I actually have an account with Spreadshirt and had been planning on doing just that. Ideally I would love to create my own brand and sell them directly, but starting out, I think it's best to go through a third party for order fulfillment. Spreadshirt actually has their own design marketplace, where people sell the rights to use their designs. Everything is integrated directly through their site and all of the image rights commissions are taken directly out of your sales commissions. They also have a wide range of free designs, a lot of which would work nicely with my audience. I'll probably throw a few of my own designs in there as well and like you said, open up a section on the site offering cash rewards or royalties to people who submit designs that I use.

Starting out, there are a lot of hands in the mix taking a nice chunk of the profits I could make if I sold directly. However, its a nice way to start out with zero overhead to gauge it's success and then to hopefully grow into it's own brand.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back