IT.COM

Is this price OK?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am starting a web host company I want to know whether these prices are sensible and whether i will be able to attract customers.

Here they are:

50 MB - 0.75GB Bandwidth - 50 extras £0.99
75 MB - 1.125GB Bandwidth - 100 extras £1.99
150 MB - 2.25GB Bandwidth - unlimited extras £2.99

I will offer 20% discount if you sign up for a whole year.

If they aren't then what do you recommend

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
and what about bandwidth, it looks abit uneven? is that true?

•••
I think you might want to check out www.unitedhosting.co.uk and compare their plans with yours as they might seem somewhat a competitor to what your target audience is as well. I would not have a 12.5 GB bandwidth. Highly recommend making it divisible by 5's (IE: 10,15,20,25,30 etc...) or 10's (IE: 10,20,30,40 GB...etc...)

•••
but i have 75GB to devide between 6 members 1 silver plan member 2 gold plan members and 3 platinum plan members so what is the best way. I tried so many combinations but they are not devisiable by 5 or 10 .What if i have some extra remaining.

comparing my prices to unitedhost it seems to me that they are cheaper on their silver package becuase they offer more bandwidth.

•••
hrishi11 said:
i personally think its a bit too high. I saw a person selling 100MB/2.5GB for 50NP (around 50 cents US)
I am sure you did, and I am also sure that if you investigate that company you'll find out its not a registered business.

PolurNET said:
Not sure where you're getting that information. 5Gb/75gb is fine to start out as a reseller to host multiple domains. But don't start a 'company' out of it; just call it a webhosting offering, since a real company requires more than just an account to resell. We've got too many people thinking otherwise unfortunately.
5 gb/75 gb is a lot to start out. Start out small so your costs are low. Then as times goes on grow, as you can afford it. No point building a datacenter from the getgo when you can start out with a simple small reseller account.

•••
is this bandwidth OK

package 1: 10GB
package 2: 10GB
package 3: 15GB

•••
asgsoft said:
is this bandwidth OK

package 1: 10GB
package 2: 10GB
package 3: 15GB
Need more details....how much space? how much $$?

•••
1- space 500MB
bandwidth 10GB
extras 100
price £4

2- space 750MB
bandwidth 10GB
extras unlimited
price £7

3- space 1000MB
bandwidth 15GB
extras unlimited
price £10

•••
Those are good prices. You'll attract people whom are looking for reliable service and have experience with web hosting. You won't attract the new people to the web hosting industry and this group of people usually looks at price and not reliability.

So in the end, your tech support cost will be less then if you were to offer a lower cost solution.

•••
so shall i stick to them or make them less. If less what prices. I am aiming it at small/mediam bussineses.

I don't understand this:

So in the end, your tech support cost will be less then if you were to offer a lower cost solution.

•••
asgsoft first of all you should be happy with your own prices not by what others say :D.

Second of all...if I was a customer and saw two 10 GB bandwidth plans...I'd be a little confused by industry standards.

I think that you should maybe have max of 20 GB Bandwidth. Your reseller account should have the ability to oversell so you shouldn't worry about left over space (most clients never even reach near that amount).

•••
so would this be less confusing:

1- space 500MB
bandwidth 5GB
extras 100
price £4

2- space 750MB
bandwidth 10GB
extras unlimited
price £7

3- space 1000MB
bandwidth 15GB
extras unlimited
price £10

then o will be left with an extra 5GB

•••
That looks fine but what do you mean when you say
then o will be left with an extra 5GB

?

•••
i ahve 75GB when i give the packages like so then i will have an excess 5GB

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back