IT.COM

Is this "paypal" email a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hello everybody, when checking my emails today i found this message from paypal:

"Security Measures
Dear [email protected],

It was taken to our attention that your account was used for an unauthorized transaction. You will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages. After the process ends all the unauthorized transactions made through your account will be canceled.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please click the link bellow, then fill in the correct information to verify your identity.

Click here to verify your account

If you think you have received this email as an error, please visit our website and fill out the necessary information. That way we can make sure that everything is up to date!

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here."

I have been expecting a payment for $100 and when i clicked the link it didnt go anywhere...
is this a scam?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes, it's a scam.. don't fill out the info, Mike.

•••
SCAM, be very careful. Where is the email sent from

•••
Scam alert.

The other day I received a similar one, aledgedly from CitiBank but... I'm not a CitiBank customer.

It appears this kind of phishing schemes is getting more and more popular nowadays. Beware!

•••
•••
•••
as stated by google they will never email you asking for account details of any kind

•••
•••
paypal says they will never ask for password/details on line. sound like a scam.!

what does the URL of the email say?

•••
Just visit your paypal account - They have notices on your "My Account" page if they need to contact you ....

•••
check the ip of the sender and paypal.com, there is a possibility of the scammer using an smtp server program to send spam mails locally.

•••
•••
Thats a phishing scam yes.

Do they make money with this ?

•••
Mike_Wiseman said:
the email was sent from [email protected]
At first I almost thought it was legit, because I was actually having problems with my pay pal ... but it's a scam ... but one thing to note, if you forward that email back to [email protected] plus also BBC one back to you, too, then it appears that all the website links are legit, however in the original process, they're "fake" ... so ya, please beware

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back