Dynadot

Is this legal: ENOM doesn't want to release a expire domain name to verisign registry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A domain name i want is already expire on Feb 28, 2005. Since its more than 30 days i emailed enom curious about the expire domain name. back and forth we send several email finally in the last email customer service suggested than its up to them to release the name they can release it between 1-29 days if not max within 45 days.
If they don't release after 45 days they are not releasing the domain name to verisign registry (for redemption period) and they are keeping the domain name for themselves.
i mean isn't their icann rules for REGISTRA TO RELEASE THE DOMAIN NAME back to general public if a user doesn't renew the domain name!!!! i am just :red: so i guess if a companies like enom etc wants it they can keep the domain name for themselves???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think they can, if they do, contact ICANN immediatly.

•••
i have wait 45 days :( i don't think i can complain to icann right now.

•••
finally waited for 45 days this is what i got the answer today. The moral of the story if its a good name and the registra wants it they can keep it even if its expire. I never knew this
This is what i got reponse from thier cs..... today
The grace period for renewal is typically (and randomly) 29-42 days.
After this time, the domain will go into either Redemption, or Extended
Redemption. The Extended Redemption period (ERGP) can last for up to
days. The client can renew and recover the domain name for $160.00
while
in this status.

After the 90-day ERGP lapses, the original registrant has abandoned all
rights to the domain name. It will be removed from the account, and
their name removed from the whois. eNom may dispose of the name as they
see fit. It may go into auction, it may stay registered at eNom, it
may be dropped.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back