NameSilo

Is this a scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
""Hi,

I saw you were selling the domain bestnewcomputers.net and was wondering if you still have it forsale? I have around $500 to spend for your domain. Is that fine with you or to low?

Do you have an independent valuation from industry experts [appraisal]? The reason I ask it because I buy, wait a little while and resale it. If I am to resale it, I would need to be able to make a profit and an appraisal helps me make that decision.

I've looked around and found that www.appraisalpros.info is a very modest appraisal service and we both can make a good deal and not get screwed by underpricing or overpricing it.

If we agree on a price, how do you accept payments? Paypal.com?

Thanks and have a great day,
Kevin""

I got it in my email box

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do not know for a fact but I would say "very probable" - I think most people would agree that appraisals are generally not worth much - Paying for an appraisal because someone has asked you to IS A BIG NO NO

Last edited:
•••
I agree , it certainly sounds like a scam to me

•••
Stay away! Definite scam - one of the oldest in this business. I got an email like that and did a little research......it's bade news!

•••
•••
Interestingly to see this guy is changing his tactics a little bit. I like how he added in the "paypal.com?" part. I have gotten no less than five emails from this moron. As others have already said, it is a scam, so keep your distance.

•••
yes, it is a scam, but i'm not sure

•••
•••
I hate to admit it but I got a similiar email a couple of weeks after buying my first domain. Guy was all interested but needed appraisal and suggested where to get it. I didn't know better and paid $69 for nothing and never heard back from him.

•••
Report him to his web host. Report him to Paypal. Report him to his ISP/email provider. He needs to get paid, so shut down his method of payment.

•••
the email sender acted as if interested to buy your domains but ending up offering their appraisal services? weird isnt' it? definitely a scam that's 100% scam :) don't fall for it, np appraisals are free.

•••
Absolutely a scam. If you fall for it, you'll buy an appraisal from the person who sent you an email and never hear from them again. The whole scam is to sucker you into buying an appraisal based on making a potential sale.

•••
SCAM SCAM SCAM!!

Happened to me as well!! BTW why dont you tell everyone about this one so that this appraisal site gets blacklisted?

•••
Of course it's a scam... that site has PR of 0. Anyway, ONLY accept these kind of things if you forget about the appraisal, and the guy pays you for the domain first. Then give him the domain.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back