Domain Empire

Is this a scam or not?

NameSilo
Watch

axilant

Account Closed
Impact
I got this on a new email address i have made. And the wierd thing is, theres only a few people that know this email :-/ Has anyone got a email like this before? I watched this movie, but im not sure :-/

Hi,

I see that you have a web site, and I was wondering if you
are interested in making money on the net with it?

If so, please take a minute to look at this:
http://1million2006.com

access code: -XXXXXXX

This is backed by an Inc500 listed company and globally
it's growing very quickly.

After you check out the "private screening" above (it's
very brief), reply and I'll show you how you can use this
to generate a serious residual income if you're interested.

I hope to talk to you soon,

Jaison Borucinski

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like a scheme to harvest your email. You enter your 'access code', and they know that your email is a live email (that is, it's regularly read by a human being). Fromt that point, its spamfiesta in your inbox.

•••
I've recevied several similar emails form variants of that domain name. I treat as spam, or worse yet a scam.

•••
ack!!! i signed up :( stupid me!!! lol i guess thats being curious lol. Well anyways its hard to say it was a scam with the awsome flash presentation, i mean its cartoon for tv good! lol they should put there skills to good use, not scam use! lol I mean the video was like 10 minutes long, they should sell something to adult swim lol its that good i can actual say the presentation was good enough for me to almost signup, buti thought i would ask you guys first lol

Thanks,
cody

•••
i got one exatly like this

•••
1rrr1 said:
i got one exatly like this

Do you know if its a scam or the real deal?

•••
axilant said:
Do you know if its a scam or the real deal?

I think it was an MLM.

•••
Yes, I also received one this morning and deleted it straight away.

If you are ever not sure if an email is a spam, a scam or the real thing, you should do a search on the domain, company name, person's name or other email detail with 'spam' or 'scam'.
For example: the first search result for "1million2006.com" "spam" is a spam domain blacklist. See:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="1million2006.com"+spam&btnG=Search

•••
taheny said:
Yes, I also received one this morning and deleted it straight away.

If you are ever not sure if an email is a spam, a scam or the real thing, you should do a search on the domain, company name, person's name or other email detail with 'spam' or 'scam'.
For example: the first search result for "1million2006.com" "spam" is a spam domain blacklist. See:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="1million2006.com"+spam&btnG=Search

Thanks alot :)

•••
I received an email similar to that. I wonder if website.ws really has anything to do with it?

•••
deadserious said:
I received an email similar to that. I wonder if website.ws really has anything to do with it?

well if you watch the movie its on there server :p

•••
Well I wouldn't go so far as wasting my time on that. :p But I guess it's just their way of trying to get (scare) people into purchasing domains or something.

•••
deadserious said:
Well I wouldn't go so far as wasting my time on that. :p But I guess it's just their way of trying to get (scare) people into purchasing domains or something.

true lol. but if they can make movies that good they should apply for some cartoon thingy lol it was that good

•••
axilant said:
true lol. but if they can make movies that good they should apply for some cartoon thingy lol it was that good

LOL, hmmm eh I'll take your word for it. But hmmm I wonder .... :bah: :lol:

•••
just delete any email that you never personally opted-in or seems suspicious, because people don't just go around the net giving you ways to make quick cash.

Just my 2cents.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back