NameSilo

advice Is this a new scam?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

AndyM

Web development services, visit KingdomDesign.comTop Member
Impact
4,488
So I've just woke up and received the following email which has come from no one!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is the domain mydomain.com for SALE?

If YES, please go to the link below and submit your price:

www.ExpiredDomainRank.com/default.aspx?dom=mydomain.com

Thank you very much,
Good Luck!


I've not clicked the linked but I did go to the website and it looks a lot like expireddomains.net.

Anyone else had these sort of emails before?

FYI Ive replaced the domain enquired about with the words mydomain. I don't own mydomain.com
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Looks more like spam to me than scam...
 
1
•••
Yes, I just received three more messages from "Alexander" - [email protected]

The same exact message, over and over again.

It looks like his strategy is not to spam the same eMail address, but I have multiple addresses, so I am receiving all of the same formatted messages.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is the domain mydomain.com for SALE?

If YES, please go to the link below and submit your price:

www.ExpiredDomainRank.com/default.aspx?dom=mydomain.com

Thank you very much,
Good Luck!
 
0
•••
I giot this email too. Big spammer.
 
0
•••
Looks more like spam to me than scam...

I agree. Sometimes, they change up the wording a bit. I think they're just looking for traffic more than scamming you.
 
1
•••
Got one yesterday :9
 
0
•••
Some fresh spam, thanks for reporting now we aware :)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back