Dynadot

various Is there such a thing as quality 2-3 keyword domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
okay.. I've been domaining for bout 2 months now. seen all kinds of things.. been to all kinds of places.. virtually speaking.. looked at some sold prices on dnjournal before.. or sedo.. then discovered the best place for sold prices.. namebio.. so I'll talk about that one..

question:

is it just me or does it really not matter what keyword combo you put into a 2-3 word domainname (.coms)? cause I'm looking at just about any example of sold items.. I randomly took a popular word like MONEY.. ran a search on it.. I'll quote some results below so you don't have to go anywhere.. and I'm thinking to myself.. my o my.. is this what a quality domain name is supposed to look like?

what am I missing here? or are these all pretty much some high traffic websites sold for traffic revenue etc?

any thoughts would be great.

some copy paste results for you:

moneywatch.com 125,000 USD 2008-11-04
moneyrates.com 100,000 USD 2008-07-02
moneylender.com 75,000 USD 2011-09-21
moneylenders.com 75,000 USD 2007-12-12
seedmoney.com 33,500 USD 2011-12-28
moneytoday.com 25,000 USD 2012-02-29
hellomoney.com 24,000 USD 2014-01-26
e-money.com 23,000 USD 2011-01-06
moneymarketaccount.com 22,500 USD 2011-01-06
ezmoney.com 22,044 USD 2009-08-02
moneyshot.com 21,000 USD 2006-10-03
moneygenius.com 20,500 USD 2013-10-02
instantpokermoney.com 20,350 USD 2009-08-02
moneyandme.com 20,000 USD 2012-02-15
getmoneyfast.com 19,850 USD 2012-03-21
blogmoney.com 16,000 USD 2010-06-29
money4.com 15,813 USD 2007-08-28
moneytalk.com 15,000 USD 2011-11-21
money360.com 15,000 USD 2011-01-21
infomoney.com 15,000 USD 2008-02-05
moneyonline.com 12,800 USD 2014-08-22
schoolgrantsmoney.com 12,625 USD 2010-06-16
moneyboomerang.com 12,575 USD 2011-09-20
worldmoney.com 8,005 USD 2008-01-25
moneypost.com 7,526 USD 2014-09-03
moneyhouse.com 7,500 USD 2012-05-22
cmoney.com 7,500 USD 2011-02-06
valueformoney.com 7,500 USD 2010-12-14
gotmoney.com 7,500 USD 2007-01-17
freegovernmentmoney.com 7,400 USD 2004-11-06
moneygames.com 7,100 USD 2012-11-13
moneytime.com 7,005 USD 2008-08-21
topmoney.com 7,000 USD 2015-02-08
savememoney.com 6,200 USD 2011-05-13
moneytrading.com 5,800 USD 2012-01-19
moneyview.com 5,720 USD 2010-01-06
moneyjar.com 5,500 USD 2011-03-15
moneynation.com 5,000 USD 2013-10-13
money24.com 5,000 USD 2011-01-10
moneybroker.com 4,950 USD 2007-04-15
moneymakingideas.com 4,900 USD 2012-09-17
fastmoneyloans.com 4,700 USD 2010-12-29
moneybank.com 4,600 USD 2006-01-09
simplemoney.com 4,500 USD 2013-06-10
retirementmoney.com 4,215 USD 2007-08-28
makemoneyonlinetoday.com 4,188 USD 2010-03-10
moneyplus.com 4,050 USD 2011-03-02
freemoneyoffers.com 4,040 USD 2007-03-20
moneysupermaket.com 4,000 USD 2012-02-07

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not always easy to compare prices. Some are end-user prices, some are reseller prices, you can't tell. Also, the year the sale happened may also be a factor...

•••
yeah.. I did not include the column that says where it sold.. most is sedo afternic godaddy.. 90%

but I don't think that changes much. those are not private made up sale values I am sure.

what I'm saying is.. can somone look at that list, and give me one or two names that are very high quality domain names.. in every sense of the word... and that are worth the money amount that's listed next to them?

of course the other option is that I simply have it all wrong as to what a quality domain name is...it's not imposible.

thanks.

•••
I do love
seedmoney.com .... it is great term connected to startups, not extremely popular on search volume but not bad either
money24.com is having much higher value then stated IMHO

But i do agree that many names do not seem to be atractive enough

•••
I do love
seedmoney.com .... it is great term connected to startups, not extremely popular on search volume but not bad either
money24.com is having much higher value then stated IMHO

But i do agree that many names do not seem to be atractive enough

hmm... well.. yes.. there are couple names I love as well.. even those I'd not pay what it says.. but some I do like.. but what about the other 90% that are close to practically making no sense, being random and defying all rules of english language.. am I to conclude they are revenue domains and sold for big dollars because of that? sadly, namebio does not make the slightest distinction between revenue domains and domain names only. like flippa does in their listings.

•••
Yes, that's what quality domains look like. Actually, that's EXACTLY what quality domains look like. There's very few head-scratchers in the bunch: hellomoney, moneyboomerang, moneysupermarket, blogmoney...

There's one distinct feature in these names: they're all simple and straightforward. If you want to fetch high prices with 2-word keyword brandables, the make-sense vocabulary that goes with the keyword, in this case "money", is very limited. It usually, and in this case too, consists of highly frequent, super simple words such as: house, smart, simple, easy, pro, quick, fast, info, online, blog, talk, forum and so on.

In my opinion, buying anything outside this set of words is most likely a waste of money (yes, there are plenty of exceptions to this).

---

To answer what names (2-word[brandables]) are spot-on:

moneytoday, moneytalk, money360, seedmoney, moneyonline, topmoney, simplemoney, moneyplus and many, many more.

Not to mention great pure keyword domains in the list. Great names all and all IMO, and I'd suspect that most of them get decent type-in traffic.

(Should be noted that, in this case, the prices are a bit elevated because of the keyword "money".)

•••
Yes, that's what quality domains look like. Actually, that's EXACTLY what quality domains look like. There's very few head-scratchers in the bunch: hellomoney, moneyboomerang, moneysupermarket, blogmoney...

There's one distinct feature in these names: they're all simple and straightforward. If you want to fetch high prices with 2-word keyword brandables, the make-sense vocabulary that goes with the keyword, in this case "money", is very limited. It usually, and in this case too, consists of highly frequent, super simple words such as: house, smart, simple, easy, pro, quick, fast, info, online, blog, talk, forum and so on.

In my opinion, buying anything outside this set of words is most likely a waste of money (yes, there are plenty of exceptions to this).

---

To answer what names (2-word[brandables]) are spot-on:

moneytoday, moneytalk, money360, seedmoney, moneyonline, topmoney, simplemoney, moneyplus and many, many more.

Not to mention great pure keyword domains in the list. Great names all and all IMO, and I'd suspect that most of them get decent type-in traffic.

(Should be noted that, in this case, the prices are a bit elevated because of the keyword "money".)

thanks

in your view most above sold for traffic rev or strictly name qty?
if u were to guess answer it

regards

•••
Quality. Solid Internet brands. I'll clarify that with decent parking money, I meant that they pay their own reg fees. A couple of them probably make a whole lot more...

•••
Quality. Solid Internet brands. I'll clarify that with decent parking money, I meant that they pay their own reg fees. A couple of them probably make a whole lot more...

i see
u seem like man worth listening to
so i'll take your guess as on target

all in all this may be good news for all to know that even a well done 3word name can turn into a gem

i thought it was 2words max all along

tnx

•••
i see
u seem like man worth listening to
so i'll take your guess as on target

all in all this may be good news for all to know that even a well done 3word name can turn into a gem

i thought it was 2words max all along

tnx

Hah, I just talk like that :D Seriously, I'm no pro in this game so take it with a pinch of salt.

•••
Also back a Google change or so ago, an exact match domain had much more value than it does today. Some of these are definitely from that era. That's why you see so many seemingly great names like NEWYORKAUTOINSURANCECHEAP.COM at drop and they go unsold.

•••
Also back a Google change or so ago, an exact match domain had much more value than it does today. Some of these are definitely from that era. That's why you see so many seemingly great names like NEWYORKAUTOINSURANCECHEAP.COM at drop and they go unsold.

Agree that some of these names are a bit dated.

•••
Hah, I just talk like that :D Seriously, I'm no pro in this game so take it with a pinch of salt.

yeah.. many good ones there.. hellomoney etc..

but... there is also things like
makemoneyonlinetoday

and many others.. which don't make for real great names.

so I'm thinking these maybe full websites with huge revenue (more than decent)...
I just can't see those prices for strictly domain names.. no website.. no revenue.. or $10 a year revenue like you said.. especially back in older days, when many similar quality domain names were probaqbly still up for grabs in large numbers.

but.. in the end, it's either one.. either those are sales for domain names only.. or for revenue websites.

too bad sales record do not keep track of that.. then again, neither does sedo or aftrnic or godad today.. the only place I know which distringuishes beteeen domain name and full website for sale.. is flippa.

cheers

•••
is it just me or does it really not matter what keyword combo you put into a 2-3 word domainname (.coms)? cause I'm looking at just about any example of sold items.. I randomly took a popular word like MONEY..
Money is not a random keyword :)
The combo has to make sense, be usable. Even be brandable.
Many of the domains you quoted are fairly good. Memorable. Look at their purposes. Making money, lending money, credit, banking, investments = big business.
These names will be used in commerce, to make money.
Also there are a few nice call to action domains, with good advertising potential.

Many sales are one of a kind, and can be puzzling sometimes. But the list you quoted is not shocking on the whole.

•••
true

still, id love to know which of those were sold a trafik rev sites, vs domnames only.. i guess we can only guess

•••

Agreed :)

•••
well thanks for all your tips and tricks.

maybe the good old rule applies that it's not good to think too much when picking your handregs.. and the simpler the better.. so I will rethink a bit my method of handregging things. not that my names are complex or what not, but I always spent bit of time researching keywords and values.. etc and lo behold... all I needed was:
savememoney
or.... makemoneyonlinetoday

etc...
:)

so in that spirit, and to put myself on a bit of a new path when comes to handregging, I took me a godad 1$ coupon last nite and handregged:
LOTSOFMOVIES
.com

and I liked the way this looked and felt. so I think I'm gonna stick to less research and more gut feel.

thanks all.

•••
Money is not a random keyword :)
The combo has to make sense, be usable. Even be brandable.
Many of the domains you quoted are fairly good. Memorable. Look at their purposes. Making money, lending money, credit, banking, investments = big business.
These names will be used in commerce, to make money.
Also there are a few nice call to action domains, with good advertising potential.

Many sales are one of a kind, and can be puzzling sometimes. But the list you quoted is not shocking on the whole.

thanks. I did not say at all money is random keyword.. I said that I randomly picked among the popular keywords.... of which money is definitely one :)

just for clarity's sake.

I still have my doubts as to whether most of these sold for their price cause they were revenue sites with good traffic.. or was it strictly for domain name... too bad namebio makes no difference between two. now we will never know. like I said, no auction site makes this distiction except flippa. I find it unfortunate. as this is a crucial piece in deciding years or months after sale, for me or anhyone, whether a name was sold cause it was a great name.. or whether it sold cause it had a 5 year old developped site generating 100$ a day in ad revenue. in a sense, that makes namebio and other sale sites a bit.. unusable.
of course its better than nothing.. but as far as my view, it's mising the most important piece of puzzle.

bvecause of that, me you and everyone else here, reading this thread, is stuck guessing whether a thing loike: makemoneyonlinetoday or its countless similar domain name sales, were a good domauin name or a great revenue website.

cheers

•••
thanks. I did not say at all money is random keyword.. I said that I randomly picked among the popular keywords.... of which money is definitely one :)

just for clarity's sake.

I still have my doubts as to whether most of these sold for their price cause they were revenue sites with good traffic.. or was it strictly for domain name... too bad namebio makes no difference between two. now we will never know. like I said, no auction site makes this distiction except flippa. I find it unfortunate. as this is a crucial piece in deciding years or months after sale, for me or anhyone, whether a name was sold cause it was a great name.. or whether it sold cause it had a 5 year old developped site generating 100$ a day in ad revenue. in a sense, that makes namebio and other sale sites a bit.. unusable.
of course its better than nothing.. but as far as my view, it's mising the most important piece of puzzle.

bvecause of that, me you and everyone else here, reading this thread, is stuck guessing whether a thing loike: makemoneyonlinetoday or its countless similar domain name sales, were a good domauin name or a great revenue website.

cheers

you can use archive.org and check if any had prior websites

you would also have had to be, in domaining prior 2006 to know metrics of that time, as is what was hot or not.
ppc still had big influence of domain sales and in 06 Yahoo was the man, not Google.

as many from the list could have sold simply based on Overture scores.

imo....

•••
you can use archive.org and check if any had prior websites

you would also have had to be, in domaining prior 2006 to know metrics of that time, as is what was hot or not.
ppc still had big influence of domain sales and in 06 Yahoo was the man, not Google.

as many from the list could have sold simply based on Overture scores.

imo....

thanks for the tips.

I think it's a bit unfortunate for those simply curious about past sales.. or those starting out in domaining.. to look at them and not know if domain sold for traffic or for its name. flippa makes a nice distinction between those two.. having seperate auction category for each type. otherwise you get a big soup mix of everything and then you get lost in it. in my view.

•••
@alcy Thruth to be told, again, the names you listed are mostly very solid names. I'd suspect that ALL of them were pure domain sales (without web sites on them, that is). For seasoned domainers there's no puzzle in that they got sold. With those prices.

Point being: It takes years to grasp the domain game. Everyone that says otherwise is simply wrong. IMO. But you're asking all the right questions.

•••
well then.. that sounds like a good start for me then ;)

all I was trying to say, is that it does not take a genius nor much research to come up with something like:

makemoneyonlinetoday

so I'm gonna have to stop looking for glasses that are already sitting on my nose type of thing.. with my name inventions ;)

cheers

•••
well then.. that sounds like a good start for me then ;)

all I was trying to say, is that it does not take a genius nor much research to come up with something like:

makemoneyonlinetoday

so I'm gonna have to stop looking for glasses that are already sitting on my nose type of thing.. with my name inventions ;)

cheers

hi

money making websites were hot back in the day

and coincidentally, it's how i found my way to domaining

see: https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-did-you-get-into-domaining.843690/#post-4764254

imo....

•••
In a nutshell, what I have learned is that a domain is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it :)

•••
In a nutshell, what I have learned is that a domain is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it :)

you have not learned that... you have been told that

and that, is not true

because you, buyer A may only be willing to pay $$$, while buyer K, is willing to pay $,$$$

and depending on how long one holds the domain, it's value could increase, as well as a buyers budget.

sell too soon and who looses?

imo.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back