Domain Empire

Is there a way to use your domain for email hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Say you have mydomain.com

Say you want [email protected] to be like gmail or something.

How do you do it?

I can use google. It's just that I realize it's an old domain whose email I barely see again. So a free solution would be nice too.

Basically free email hosting or even free hosting. I don't care they got lots of ads.

It's just an email I rarely see with lots of spam.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can use google. It's just that I realize it's an old domain whose email I barely see again.
I don't know what you mean here. Perhaps you can explain.

However, here's one solution that I've heard of before though where you host it yourself:
Https://mailinabox.email

Last edited:
•••
You can create an email at any hosting company.

•••
Cloudflare and forward it to your (free) Gmail.

•••
Many registrars allow email forwarding so all mails landing to the domain can be forwarded to say your gmail / outlook account

•••
You should transfer your domain to a registrar that offers free email box. It's pretty common and sounds like a simple and cheap solution to your request.

•••
•••
Buy a domain at Porkbun and you get a free email account for 3 months, for forwarding to your gmail or for your own email

•••
Where is the domain? Your registrar may be offering it as a service.

•••
I use SMTP. I use a paid plugin called Newsletter plugin for Wordpress. It allows me to send emails via my webhost (HostGator). You can send broadcast emails for free but if you want to send autoresponders, you need to subscribe (I think it costs $60 a year for 3 sites). Hope that helps.

•••
•••
I don't think my registrar give me free domain forwarding. I want to forward all email to a gmail.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Rick Schwartz, which recently had sold luv.com for more than a million in $, didn't use his domainking.com domain for personal email, guess why? To avoid blocking by spam filters, he openly had talked about it in one of his interview. So think twice and stick with a gmail or something :)

•••
Rick Schwartz, which recently had sold luv.com for more than a million in $, didn't use his domainking.com domain for personal email, guess why? To avoid blocking by spam filters, he openly had talked about it in one of his interview. So think twice and stick with a gmail or something :)

He could just have gotten Google Workspace. Costs are neglectable, same reliability, way more professional.

He's just a domainer. Not a tech guru.

•••
•••
Setting up a domain for email hosting its really worth noting that its slightly depend on your domain registrar and email hosting provider. If you face any challenges during setup process, just go through the documentation of support provided by the email hosting provider. Im listing out the process of setting up a domain for email hosting for guiding you through the process.
  • Buy a Domain Name
  • Choose the best email hosting provider.
  • Setup an account with that email hosting provider.
  • Check and verify the Domain Ownership.
  • DNS Setting Configuration.
  • Email Accounts Setup.
  • Clients Email Configure Setting.
  • Create your webmail.
  • Security setting.
  • Regular Maintenance.

•••
Say you have mydomain.com

Say you want to be like gmail or something.

How do you do it?

I can use google. It's just that I realize it's an old domain whose email I barely see again. So a free solution would be nice too.

Basically free email hosting or even free hosting. I don't care they got lots of ads.

It's just an email I rarely see with lots of spam.
To achieve a setup similar to Gmail for "your email as shown" without using Google, you can consider using the services of "Zoho Mail" or "ProtonMail." Both of these providers offer free email hosting solutions and can help you create an email address with your domain (mydomain.com).

Zoho Mail offers a user-friendly interface with customizable domain-based email addresses and basic spam filtering features. On the other hand, ProtonMail provides end-to-end encryption for added security and privacy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back