IT.COM

Is there A Way to Reverse a Won Trademark Domain Auction ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
No doubt, this domain is a trade mark one - eEsquire.com. I have just won the domain at dynadot auction but the domain is still processing as I'm writing this thread.

Found the domain on dynadot auction I was so curious to see such domain available at auction, I switched to trademarkia.com and checked for the entire keyword "eesquire" and found no any trademark on the keyword and quickly placed my order on the auction at dynadot for the domain name. But when there was no any other order I was so curious and switched back to trademarkia and checked on "e esquire" and now found two expired trade mark from same company and with this quotation "ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE 10/19/2016" But I further make inquiries to further checked on esquire it self and found unlimited trademark, some are still relevant while some are no more relevant.

Now I realized why the domain was available at auction and no doubt that I have placed bid on a trademarked domain.

However, something I am not very clear about is that, there are many domain names with esquire in them and what about that?

But my question now is that; is it possible for me to reverse the won auction from dynadot, as I am writing like I have mentioned, the domain is still processing, should in case the former owner failed to renew it, It means I am the next owner.

The second question is; is there a way I can sell the domain? Can investors please interfere and advise me on what to do.

Though, I supposed to do my due diligence before placing the order and again are Registrar supposed to auction any trademark domains?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Furthermore on my above thread. I found out that "Cloud" has many trade mark on it and upon that many are still regging, selling and buying them. can some one say something on this. Ijust want to know the way forward on this from well experienced domainers.

•••
Udrp issue can be so confusing....

•••
Ari Goldberger started his career in domain law practice with a dispute/lawsuit with esquire magazine because he registered esqwire.com as his domain for his law practice.

•••
•••
Ari won which is why he still uses the domain.

•••
Ari won which is why he still uses the domain.
Interesting! Please read the newyork times on Ari Goldberger response to the case filed by Herats:

One curious aspect to this lawsuit is the fact that Hearst never registered the domain name esquire.com. That name belongs to PageWeavers, a Web design company in Sacramento, Calif. PageWeavers' lawyer, William H. Kochenderfer of the Tellis & Kochenderfer firm, said that Hearst "sent us a nasty letter" demanding that the company relinquish the name and had threatened legal action. Kochenderfer said that InterNIC, the governing body that administers domain names, had put esquire.com "in a deep freeze" -- meaning that no one can use the domain name -- while PageWeavers weighs its response.

However, there is no any record as to when the InterNic defrozeen the name and now own by Hearts.
https://partners.nytimes.com/library/cyber/week/0717post-esquire.html

Interestingly! Ari said "I don't believe there's any credibility whatsoever to their infringement claims," Goldberger said, "so they're not stopping me. They don't have a monopoly on a common word in the dictionary."
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2006/june-page3.htm

lawjournalclipping.jpg

Goldbereger was able to convinced the Court that "ircut Circut Court of appeals ruled as he sees it that "common words that exist in the vocabulary - like "ESQUIRE" and the abbreviation "ESQ" are entitled only to a limited trademark protection.

That is why no one could no longer claim any trademark on esquire or esq.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back