• 2nd

Yes

votes
    39.3%

• 61 votes
  • Ended 3 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
What is the best service to park domains? Is parking really worth it and pays off enough?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
have you tried others, do they do better?

Over the years I've tried/used them all...voodoo did the best for me but, in full disclosure, I have not tested any others in about 2 years.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Here is my limited opinion as I have been investigating this very thing the last few days. If I park a name and say get $4 per click per day that would add up to $1460 per year. Whoohoo!! However, If I only get a click every fourth day that would be $365 per year. Whoohoo again!! If I only get one click per week that is $208 per year. Whoohoo a little!!

Now, if I am really lucky I may sell my $6000 name whilst it is parked and I may have to pay 15% commission to the parking company. This equates to $900 and I'd get $5,100. If I take the one click per week model and run with it I see that I'd have to have the name parked for at least 4 years to offset the potential loss to commission.

If I just leave them parked at Efty, yes, I'd be getting clicks with no PPC but if in the same scenario I sold the name for $6000 I'd get the full amount as there is no commission to pay.

Please chip in with any comments just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Decisions...decisions.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Nearly every question i see about parking the name in question has no earning capability. Have high search and high cpc great now you need another 100 names like it to make the mininum payout.

Last edited:
•••
I still use Voodoo but for me parking has hit rock bottom I'm afraid. 8 days straight with $0 revenue, for example.

What you're saying is worrisome, no response to support tickets for example. Not a good sign.

•••
indicates to me Voodoo.com is not used much by NP members

Hi

that's a big "ass-umption" to make. :)
especially when a lot of np members don't even use ppc , as most are hooked on landers.

but i still use and have used voodoo, since inception.

right now, it's hard to get good CS during these remote situations, but i hope you get a resolution soon

imo...

•••
Value of the domain matters. If you have an idea of value, you'll know if parking is worth it

•••
Is parking non-dot-com domain names worth it or does this thread mainly apply to .com names only? Cheers.

My names are 90% .com but I have several .tv and .org that get regular visits (and a little change from time to time).

I think it really boils down to the quality of the name/word before the dot in a lot of cases.

Last edited:
•••
If you only have a few domains (or 1), start with Bodis since they don't have a minimum number and pay on the 7th of the following month. There are numerous other threads to answer your question whether parking is worth it or not. For me it's a side hustle but I could make it a full time job if I wanted.
with I could, mean that nowadays you couldn't anymore??

•••
•••
how does bodis and parkingcrew compare?

•••
It is certainly not as lucrative as it used to be...I blame the giggle empire for that (but I could be wrong).

Voodoo gives a lot of useful info when parking with them and the money is as good as can be expected. My only issue with them lately is that service request times have gone from a day or two to a week or longer. Not sure what is happening there but I hope it is temporary.
have you tried others, do they do better?

•••
•••
Don't really park domains but SEDO is the only website I have used to park a few domains. Although I haven't checked my earnings yet.

Last edited:
•••
....Voodoo gives a lot of useful info when parking with them and the money is as good as can be expected. My only issue with them lately is that service request times have gone from a day or two to a week or longer. Not sure what is happening there but I hope it is temporary.

....in terms of pure DNS Voodoo only has 70,000 domains remaining which is 1/10th or less of the other parking companies in terms of DNS volume. Of course DNS isn't the only way to point to Voodoo but its a good comparative tool. That may have necessitated a drop in support staff. I wonder if they are winding down given the ongoing drop in domains pointing to them?.....

Do you or anyone else know the situation at Voodoo.com? A reason I ask is I have a few important support tickets which have been open for a long time and my follow-ups are also not being responded to, which has me waiting for replies for as long as 10-days now!

However, in the past Voodoo and Donnie were always extremely good with support, often responding almost immediately, or always on that same day, or no later than the next day.

Last edited:
•••
Is parking non-dot-com domain names worth it or does this thread mainly apply to .com names only? Cheers.
to park with traffic monetization, traffic is important, tlds doesn't affect anything.

•••
•••
maybe time to move to....others

I've heard a bit of a sob story...not able to share it, but I fully intend to collect what is owed me.

Give Bodis and/or Parking Crew a try...at least they answer tickets and/or emails.

•••
Yea, what happening to Voodoo, my support tickets not getting any responses Is VooDoo dying? I used to love VooDoo $$$$ but maybe time to move to....others

IMO, Voodoo,com is in-effect out of business, Donny stopped replying to all support tickets starting early this year (I believe it was in January), which is very strange as they always offered excellent support for years.

Last edited:
•••
Here is my limited opinion as I have been investigating this very thing the last few days. If I park a name and say get $4 per click per day that would add up to $1460 per year. Whoohoo!! However, If I only get a click every fourth day that would be $365 per year. Whoohoo again!! If I only get one click per week that is $208 per year. Whoohoo a little!!

Now, if I am really lucky I may sell my $6000 name whilst it is parked and I may have to pay 15% commission to the parking company. This equates to $900 and I'd get $5,100. If I take the one click per week model and run with it I see that I'd have to have the name parked for at least 4 years to offset the potential loss to commission.

If I just leave them parked at Efty, yes, I'd be getting clicks with no PPC but if in the same scenario I sold the name for $6000 I'd get the full amount as there is no commission to pay.

Please chip in with any comments just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Decisions...decisions.

Regards,

Reddstagg

I would be ecstatic at 3 clicks of $4 per year. Where in 2021 can you do that?

•••
Parking is definitely worth it. If you don't know what you are doing, tons of money will be wasted. Research the domains that make you money and try to figure out what all the successful domains have in common. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to find great parking domains. There are plenty of hidden gems sitting out there, you just gotta know how to spot them.

•••
There are folks who can make a lot of parking revenue by using specialized software and scanning thousands of domains looking for backlinks etc to estimate the parking potential.

For me, parking is just a 'nice' side effect of owning domains as I wait for them to sell.

Over the past almost 11 months I put together a portfolio of about 125 names (had about 10 to start) that earns $7-$10 per month. I did not analyze backlinks, I just regged names I thought sounded good....

Now, most of my names earn $0 and one of my names earns about 60% of the overall revenue but why not park? It's free money.

That's not a ton, obviously, but I park most names at Sedo and use Afternic for selling/distribution.

That's my two cents!

•••
i have $1.90 earnings lifetime off one name
on ParkingCrew, which i added on 4-23-2020.

Some names which i thought were “better;”
got $0 Parking revenue to others outperform.

i’m still adding names, but i like ParkingCrew.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Still no response to 5 support tickets from voodoo. The fact no one is replying to this on NP also indicates to me Voodoo.com is not used much by NP members and more or less reveals they are not as big as they were in the parking heyday time and compared to other parking firms now, as mentioned by @privatereg

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back