IT.COM

question-answered Is metawalmart Trademark conflict ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Taim Adam

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros members,

I hope that you're all doing well.

I'm a little bit confused about trademark names, Is there a conflict of use of trademark names with any other random name For example: walmartnews or walmartmetaverse ?
Actually i own metawalmart.info and Walmart company i don't know how they knew my email, and they sent me the email below with an objection to the use of their brand name, and they ask me to send the domain to them, otherwise they will take more escalated legal measures. should I give them the domain, do they have the right to take the domain from me, even though I haven't used the domain name in any commercial activity yet ?

( The text of the email they sent me ) :

To Whom It May Concern:

On behalf of Walmart Inc. (“Walmart”), we are writing to you in your capacity as the registrant of metawalmart.info . Walmart is the owner of the famous trade name and trademark “WALMART” and has, for more than 50 years, used this term to identify its goods and services. Walmart also maintains rights in a number of additional trademarks. Moreover, Walmart has significant copyright holdings and other intellectual property rights in its logos and materials.

There is no connection between Walmart and metawalmart.info and your continued unauthorized use of Walmart's intellectual property as, within or as an identifiable element of a domain name does injury to both Walmart and to the public by, e.g., causing a likelihood of confusion and other damage. We have also determined that there is no fair use or other excuse for the unauthorized use. Therefore, applicable law requires that you cease use immediately of the unauthorized domain name specifically identified above.

This communication is for potential settlement purposes and only for representative violations identified to date. Please reply to this email to discuss and confirm details of the discontinuation of use and potential transfer to Walmart of the subject domain name. If we do not receive your expeditious response, this matter may be escalated for further action.

Sincerely,

Walmart Brand Protection

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
even qrpmscuyguyguygwalmart.com is a problem. Don't register names with a TM.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes they have a right to their trademarked name that nobody else would use for anything as its a well known huge brand name. They monitor all registrations for infringements such as this one.

Turn the name over to them and don’t register trademarked names.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back