Dynadot

Is marketing cj affiliate links in adwords legal ? And what products to choose from ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is marketing CJ products affiliate links in adwords is legal or i have to mark something or write something special in my CJ account before doing this...??? Please Guide

and...

What products to choose from ? iam confused which product will convert ? and most of all from the affiliate link code which code i must pick-up and post in adwords account ?

Experts Please guide

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i always wanted to know this to.

•••
Yes it's legal..
All what you have to do add "google.com" in your websites list.

Any link will work as long as you will assign "google.com" as the website.

You can promote any CJ product by AdWords .. the most important will be : the Keywords you will use , Your txt ad , and which methods you will use in AdWords " Search , Content , Specific websites "

•••
"You can promote any CJ product by AdWords"

That's not completely true - I've come across a couple that don't want this. Always read their terms of service when you sign up with them. Others - most in fact place restrictions on how this is done, especially in regards to the keywords you use.

As for what converts and what doesn't - that's too subjective and far too hard to nail down. It depends on many factors. What works for me on one of my websites might not work for you on another. Trial and error is the best way to see what works and what doesn't. But clearly - advertise things that relate to your website.

One of my best converting advertisers is showing very low network earnings on CJ.com. Others don't seem to be having much luck with them, but I am.

•••
whitebark said:
"You can promote any CJ product by AdWords"

That's not completely true - I've come across a couple that don't want this. Always read their terms of service when you sign up with them. Others - most in fact place restrictions on how this is done, especially in regards to the keywords you use.

Sorry .. i have been for a while with CJ but i never come accross any restrictions on using AdWords only with the Keyword part.. Don't ever use TMs as a keyword. all advertisers don't like that.

•••
In fact most advertisers have a policy concerning keyword bidding.

To enable it:
Keyword links are only available to those publishers who select Search Engine Marketing in the Promotional Methods area of their account settings. Publishers without the Search Engine Marketing promotional method may not access the HTML for this link type in the Get HTML interface.

One example of an advertisers policy:
Keyword Policy:
- no bidding in brand names
- direct linking and display url allowed

Some also have Keyword Links if you are using arbitrage:
A Keyword Link is used by publishers who are interested in using paid placement to promote their advertisers. When publishers make bids on their advertiser's keywords, they can use the information in the keyword link to get data on the advertiser's preferred marketing message and tracking URL for search, their keywords, and the associated bidding rules for those keywords.

eg.domains said:
Sorry .. i have been for a while with CJ but i never come accross any restrictions on using AdWords only with the Keyword part.. Don't ever use TMs as a keyword. all advertisers don't like that.

•••
Yes it varies by advertiser and many have lists of protected keywords.
Some even say you can't outbid them on certain keywords.
So you need to read the TOS.

You are aware of Google's rule that only allows one ad per domain?
So if another affiliate or the merchant is already advertising with Adwords you can't get in unless you have a higher quality score and/or over bid and leap frog them.

•••
eg.domains said:

Hey no need to say sorry - I've only found two or three in a few years! I only signed up with one and they only lasted about six months before they ended their program.

•••
i guess they dont care if they are making money too. lol

•••
Iam really impressed with the replies i got my doubt cleared to much extent but just remains some listed below:

Can i do this
1. I can give this url in adwords http://www.infogle.com/health and redirect this url to the affiliate url provided by cj (which redirects to the client website) ???

2. iam not asking of the actual company name which you all have been marketing... iam just asking the categories which could work well ??

Thanks for all your replies this was of great help too... just answer these two questions... so i can begin...

•••
Thanks for all your replied my doubt is cleared to much extent but just solve the two questions below...

Can i do this
1. I can give this url in adwords http://www.infogle.com/health and redirect this url to the affiliate url provided by cj (which redirects to the client website) ???

2. iam not asking of the actual company name which you all have been marketing... iam just asking the categories which could work well ??

Thanks for all your replies this was of great help too... just answer these two questions... so i can begin... :)

•••
infogle said:
Thanks for all your replied my doubt is cleared to much extent but just solve the two questions below...

Can i do this

Thanks for all your replies this was of great help too... just answer these two questions... so i can begin... :)

1. Yes you can , but you will have to assign your links in CJ to the redirect website not google.com
2. Webhosting & Domains

•••
I may be out of the loop again, but I thought Google changed their TOS to not allow affiliate links through Adwords.

•••
Skip you serious? WOW if they don't... then they will be taking money away from themselves... if that is the case just use a re-direct to fix that issue...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back