Dynadot

advice Is it safe to put all my domains at one registrar? What happens if a registrars liquidates or folds up?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sammy Jakes

Established Member
Impact
For management purpose, I think it's better to have all domains at one registrar. However, How safe and security-wise is it to have all domains at just one registrar? What happens if the registrar folds up?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Normally, you will receive a notice that the domains will be transferred to another registrar, with ICANN's blessing (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers). Follow the instructions for an easy transfer.
Error/

•••
Most investors at least that I am aware of use a single registrar and I have never heard of anyone losing their domains due to the registrar going out of business. If anyone has I would be really interested in hearing that story.

•••
Most investors at least that I am aware of use a single registrar and I have never heard of anyone losing their domains due to the registrar going out of business. If anyone has I would be really interested in hearing that story.

Alpnames, registerfly, pheenix come to mind

•••
Also Namejuice, Joker, Estdomains.
However domaining it's a safe activity from the registrar side in comparison to others business

•••
In my view it is safer to use one registrar, if reputable, than split your portfolio around.
When it comes to management it makes it much easier.

If you use multiple registrars there is a good chance that some renewals might get overlooked at some point.

When you have a large portfolio it is just not that feasible to use a bunch of registrars IMO.

Brad

•••
In my view it is safer to use one registrar, if reputable, than split your portfolio around.
When it comes to management it makes it much easier.

If you use multiple registrars there is a good chance that some renewals might get overlooked at some point.

When you have a large portfolio it is just not that feasible to use a bunch of registrars IMO.

Brad
I would 100% agree with what Brad said. In the past when I was active buying expired domains at auctions, it was a huge pain having domains spread across multiple registrars. The number of domains was relatively small and it still was no good. I can only imagine what that would be like with a huge number of domains.

Keep them all at one reputable registrar so you can manage them easier!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back