Is it my imagination??

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
109
Or has the whole domain biz gone a bit flat at the moment. I dont mean in terms of sales but more in terms of new subjects to discuss....

No disrespect to anyone here but all i seem to see nowadays is "whats the most amount of threads youve posted in a day", "How many domains do you hold at enom", "whats the best extension to regged" Kinda threads..... And they all seem a bit :zzz:

So is it flat?? Or are the thread starters going for the old 'I know a way to increase my NP$$ without anyone noticing' kinda scams??

And have I, without conscientiously knowing so, inadvertantly joined in this furore????? :)

Discuss (at length if you please)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
collieri said:
And have I, without conscientiously knowing so, inadvertantly joined in this furore????? :)

And that's why you're our honorary Namepros Detective™, Collieri! ;)

Generally, I'd say the "discussion level" is about on par with historical levels here on the site, IMHO. We've got some NP$ threads going on, Contests and the like ... and we've been vigilant in issuing "spam warnings" where necessary, in my view.
'Bound to be some redundancies in the threads ... but I still find it pretty easy to find new topics or stuff I never knew (or had forgotten at my ripe old age of (almost) 40). :laugh:
See you soon.
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
I think there might be a little bit less discussion then normal, but I think that is just because the market is in a little bit of a dip. There are still plenty of sales, but I think a lot of people are restocking their portfolios for 2005, and trying to predict what the "popular" idea in domains will be in 2005. In 2004, I think it was the .info domains, but now in 2005 I think people are trying to predict the markets, so they can optimize their profits. I don't know, this is just my thoughts,

Tom
 
0
•••
Ian I was thinking the same thing I agree with you its more about which registrar to use or how to tranfer which is fine NO complaints but no reall good discussions 40 replies 300 views. We will have to get that back up.
 
0
•••
Would you guys like me to start a .COM bashing thread? :)

What about why those who did not heed the call of the rise of new namespace, both GTLD and CCTLD will be suffering in the coming years? :D
 
0
•••
I've thought the general discussion was light lately as well.
 
0
•••
CoolJeff.com said:
And that's why you're our honorary Namepros Detective™, Collieri! ;)

Hey, nice to see youve given me an upgrade Jeff from that of unofficial to honorary NPD......... :)

Or maybe thats one of those titles you give to someone whos about to retire :( or be retired maybe.....?

And have you been peeking at my DOB again....... ??

Cos seeing as though were both from a bygone era, if you also still have your ZX Spectrum, i reckon i could whoop you at 'chuckie egg'...... :lol: aaaaah :sigh: the good old days.
 
0
•••
I love this forum, doe I'm still a newby.
 
0
•••
I totally agree with this and glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've started getting bored with Domain Forums in general because they seem to lack something that they used to have a few months ago... I can't quite put a finger on it, but something seems different.
 
0
•••
billinchina said:
I've started getting bored with Domain Forums in general because they seem to lack something that they used to have a few months ago... I can't quite put a finger on it, but something seems different.

Yes, blind hope.

Everything that needs to be said has been said, in different shades and forms. Boredom kicks, compounded with the accelerated realisation the that you will no longer be able to get that magically name anymore through luck as it is beyond your reach in auctions. First Pool, then Snapnames, then eNom... The hope that kept many people kicking in this game, is getting muddied.

I think today's domainers must temper speculative hope with a developer's vision in order to continue in this game. The ability to spot trends, before everyone agrees it is so.

To do otherwise, is to lead yourself into a pointless pursuit with no ending. I I guess I should have some sense of this, I have been on these so-called "domain forums'" since they started. I thank them for showing me the BS inherent in people through shere example and evidence, reminding me of the scams this industry is perennially famous for, the self-serving interests that drive the agendas of the so-called "players" of old.

I can show you today at least 5 immediate ways to boost your domain traffic instantly by the thousands without detection by most stat monitors, and without payment. This I silently learnt by watching and observing the movements and comments on these forums and others, searching and experimenting, paying to probing and verifying out of curiousity.

In nuances you learn, in wisdom you can only gain. You will need this to even begin to think you will survive in the mid-long term in this cut-throat industry. Your BS meter is sharpened by these forums, which is what I appreciate most.
 
0
•••
mole said:
Your BS meter is sharpened by these forums, which is what I appreciate most.

You sure thats not just the cynic in you, le...?
 
0
•••
collieri said:
You sure thats not just the cynic in you, le...?

I'm not only just cynical, I'm paranoid :'(
 
0
•••
I can show you today at least 5 immediate ways to boost your domain traffic instantly by the thousands without detection by most stat monitors, and without payment.

Yes Please!!! Hey - I need all the help I can get!

Cheers
 
0
•••
I can only comment on the time I have been a member, but I have certainly noticed that there are fewer “new to me” things to discuss. I figure that's not a bad thing. It means I learned something here.

I don't so much mind the lack of new subjects as the abundance of old ones. I realise that things in this market do change, and that there are new people joining all the time. But honestly, how many times a week can you re-discuss the virtues of overture, .info, 4 letter domains, etc.

I appreciate that the success of a forum is often judged by the quantity, not quality of the posts. But the result is a lot of jabber. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of excellent discussion going on here. There's just a lot more cruft.

Perhaps we don't need an “upper” forum, just a way to flag and list messages about a subject that hasn't been discussed 10 times in the previous 30 days.
 
0
•••
tinggg said:
I can show you today at least 5 immediate ways to boost your domain traffic instantly by the thousands without detection by most stat monitors, and without payment.

Yes Please!!! Hey - I need all the help I can get!

Cheers

ditto!!! that would be awesome! ..yet, prolly won't happen for me.. i don't even have my site yet! :p
 
0
•••
tinggg said:
Yes Please!!! Hey - I need all the help I can get!

You want worthless bot generated traffic through proxies that isn't human and doesn't convert??
 
0
•••
Heck, got some spare bandwidth to burn I guess ;)
-Allan
 
0
•••
Hey, thanks for the rep point..... (whoever you are)

So, "thought provoking point" = neg rep???

:)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back