OK, this could get confusing if you didn't read Neroux's first post, but my comments are directed at him/her anyway, so I guess if anyone wants to follow the conversation, you'll read post #8 before you read this post. Here goes...
neroux said:
Other reasons are usually just excuses.
Are you saying there is no reason to kill an animal for food?
neroux said:
I'm surprised Vick's gang didn't eat them. They did just about everything else they could think of.
neroux said:
It depends, but as you could usually say everyone who loses his life forcibly suffers, I'd tend to say "always".
This isn't a very strong argument against my statement. Logic will tell you that certain animals suffer more than others before and during the process of killing. The meat packing industry far exceeds hunting in both the number of animals killed per year and the amount of suffering these animals endure during their short lives and the process of "converting" them into food. I'll ask you again... do you eat meat of any kind?
neroux said:
That doesnt really matter in this case.
Huh? It doesn't matter what kind of quality of life an animal has before they are killed? I vehemently disagree if this is what you are actually trying to say.
neroux said:
BFS! Produce some documentation that supports this statement.
neroux said:
It often is too, but such activities are side effects and do not matter for the victims.
I disagree that such activities are side effects and in the articles I've read, so does law enforcement. Dogfighting and illegal gambling go hand in hand. In any case, activities that perpetuate the mentality that dogfighting is an acceptable pastime do indeed matter for the victims. Vick and his cronies are a perfect example of this kind of mentality.
neroux said:
You know the saying "Trust only those statistics which you have falsified yourself".
Take a count on this thread as a litmus test. How many people who've posted are against hunting?
SecondVersion said:
I'll take venison over slaughtered and factory/machine processed cow any day.
I'm with you SV! Nothing like a baked tenderloin sitting next to a fat potato.
