Dynadot

discuss Is ".GO" domain extension the answer to .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Random thought: I was just thinking that .go would make a great domain extension. I could see it fitting after any keyword. It's like a "call to action" one word extension that fit's perfectly with what people are actually doing(going to websites). I feel it's appealing like .com and it's not like .co to cause confusion or lose traffic. I can see it being used seriously by companies and versatile enough to use for other things like blogs etc..It's easy to type, easy to remember. I'm not sure if google is after this one, but if i could afford it, i would apply for it. With a big company backing it and using smart and solid marketing..I think .com could have competition. Could .com and .go be like Apple vs Android... Monopolies don't last forever.
I also see the public gravitating to an extension like this.

amazon.go
Mark.go
travel.go
domains.go
readyset.go

What are your thoughts on ".go" ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PleaseDont.go
iCant.go
iDontWantTo.go

It is certainly much better than most of the new ones I have seen. I just can't see it being appropriate for all domains. I would pick it over .xyz for sure, I can tell you that! ;)

•••
No.go

Many other extensions still bringing in better $$$.

•••
Two letter extensions are reserved for ccTLD, so .GO is not eligible under the new gTLD program.

Brad

•••
Two letter extensions are reserved for ccTLD, so .GO is not eligible under the new gTLD program.

Brad
Great point! :D

Do you think that ICANN in their apparent disregard for sanity and apparent greed will perhaps change that in the future some time? Perhaps when they are getting big amounts of $ thrown their way to do it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back