Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

m11sh

Established Member
Impact
i test a domains on freevaluator and it gave me more than 1k $ and 3k $
is it accurate ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never use automated appraisal tools (Estibot, Valuate etc), they just pick random figure half the time.

•••
Never use automated appraisal tools (Estibot, Valuate etc), they just pick random figure half the time.
human appraisal are expensive

•••
The most accurate and fastest way to lose your money.

•••
Is there any readymade Formula to calculate the value of a domain name? I remember, there are a few threads in NamePros which deal with how to determine the value of a domain name. Someone help in this regard.

•••
human appraisal are expensive

They arent on here and some of the most experienced domainers around frequent this site. Which human appraisals are expensive?

Even if what you said was true, wouldn't you rather have an accurate appraisal and pay for it rather than believe you have a decent name when you dont and keep renewing it every year.

•••
They arent on here and some of the most experienced domainers around frequent this site. Which human appraisals are expensive?

Even if what you said was true, wouldn't you rather have an accurate appraisal and pay for it rather than believe you have a decent name when you dont and keep renewing it every year.
registration domain cost 10-18$
freevaluator human appraisal cost 54$

•••
registration domain cost 10-18$
freevaluator human appraisal cost 54$

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into that "human" appraisal, maybe ask for a real human to appraise it. :xf.smile:

•••
Does it matter that it's free when it's useless?

Just ask here.

•••
i got 2 PREMIUMS domains and i didn't get any offer :xf.frown: ,freevaluator appraisal them for
1-2k $

•••
360soda
mildmart
all dotcom

•••
i feel like am losing hope in domain business

•••
i feel like am losing hope in domain business

You need to spend a good months reading this site from top to bottom, its not a business to come and get rich quick.

Check out namebio.com and DNJournal.com and see what type of names sell.

Dont buy any names until you understand domain value. Then buy 1 or 2 names and try an sell them to end-users, then reinvest that cash, low risk domaining is how to start out so you dont waste a lot of money on renewals.

•••
i dont understand
i test it new domain name and the value is more than 200k € and its a Adjective ,uncommon word

•••
should i Register it or they give people fake value ?

•••
Did you even read what the others said? You will lose money if you don't listen.

•••
i dont understand
i test it new domain name and the value is more than 200k € and its a Adjective ,uncommon word

No, as people have said, dont use automated tools to evaluate a domain, it makes up random figures.

I just put David.com is and its says the value is $1000 which is obviously incorrect....hopefully that explains it for you.

should i Register it or they give people fake value ?

Yes, its fake value

•••
No, as people have said, dont use automated tools to evaluate a domain, it makes up random figures.

I just put David.com is and its says the value is $1000 which is obviously incorrect....hopefully that explains it for you.

Yes, its fake value
can Backlinks raise the value ?
because it got so many Backlinks

•••
can Backlinks raise the value of domain name?

•••
can Backlinks raise the value of domain name?

Typically, companies buy domains they are going to use for their company name or product name. Nothing about it is magic, so you should just keep it simple and buy domains that will have demand. In most cases any type of uncommon word is not worth much.

If you want a simple path for domains, here is a suggestion.

1. If you are selling English domains, make sure that you have a command of the English language or only buy domains in an industry that you fully understand. I would never attempt to buy German domains unless I fully understood German and have a "feel" for the domain meaning.

2. Understand what type of domains that are being bought. Look at the Sold thread on here and at DNJournal every day. Also, become a marketing expert. Read articles or books on branding, or just find them on YouTube.

3. Search for other businesses that use the same, or worse business name than the name you are considering. Don't buy a domain that is worse than all the results you found. (example: I bought A//Slice//Above//com because it was previously a cake company website and there are 2 other pizza places with the same name. Even in this scenario, no one currently wants the domain so I'll just wait for the next pizza place to open with the same name.). You can buy more speculative domains as you get better, but at the beginning I would only buy domains where you can see other people have spent time and money developing a business using the same name or a worse name. Look at it this way. With billions of people on Earth and over 20 years of internet history, why would you want to buy a name that not 1 of these 7 billion people has ever wanted to use as a business name? Your chances of selling a domain like this is far less than a popular name or phrase, yet the renewal fees are the same.

4. Learn which types of internet businesses make money online. This is a good video to start (
).

5. If you use other tools such as appraisal sites, those can assist you, but you need to have the first 4 steps above covered first. You need to be driving the car. Any tools you use should be nothing more than a passenger or "backseat driver" giving you additional advice.

6. Practice daily. I used to get a custom expired list of domains from GoDaddy everyday. The list would have about 1,000 Domains. For years I didn’t miss a single day. You get pretty fast as time goes, but if you hate doing it, then you should likely find something else to do other than domain investing, because the chances of good domains falling into your lap is very low. I have over 7,000 domains now, but have probably spent 1000s of hours finding them all.

Here is a similar post I made in the past.

Buying (Only Buy Good or Great Domains)
  • Buy Good or Great Domains - Like others have stated the foremost strategy is buy good/great domains. Don't worry about going out of your way to promote the domains too much, because if you do this step correctly, you won't have to.
Thinking back to when I started, I would start with domains in industries that you have some familiarity with. For example, I was big into programming, app sites, cars, tech so I would buy names that would answer one question:

Would I, and could I, run a successful business off of this domain in this industry? (Honestly ask this and spend a moment to envision it). More importantly, ask if you would really buy from a business with this domain. Here's another good one; envision telling your friends about your business named xxxxxxxxx.com and imagine their reaction realistically. Also do searches to see if other business are out there with the same name or similar names.Once you get good at this for an industry you know, then it makes it easier to replicate the quality of domains you buy in other industries.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...r-selling-domains.1129585/page-2#post-7194467

Here's another related post.

As a domain investor you really need to become a marketing expert as well and that will likely take several years of looking at domains and sales.

BeautyMarket.com - Domain that can sell in the $xx,xxx range. Good Brandable, but has a generic feel making it less appropriate for high-end buyers.

LiveWell.com - Domain that can sell in the $x,xxx,xxx range. Excellent Brandable, call-to-action, and used in wellness, health, finance, travel, nearly any high-end market.

The best thing to do, once you have the experience, is to put yourself in the Buyer's point-of-view. If you had a company that was going to make several million dollars a year from a particular service or product, what would the domain be worth to you? You have to be realistic and also compare it to similar domains that are available. For example, when I bought GreatBrand//com, comparable domains were $40,000-$50,000, so I had an idea of what a good deal was. So knowing that, you can't go and put TheGreatBrand.com up for sale and expect to sell it for $50k, because based on other domain availability, it isn't going to happen.

I found an extremely interesting video on valuation that really every domain investor should watch. The video is on Logo Design, and the focus is on the fees that designers charge and how they vary tremendously. At the low end, designers are charging $500. At the high end, $30,000+ to over $1 million. Very interesting and the concepts directly apply to domains and domain buyers as well.

I recommend watching the whole video, but if you leave early, make sure you watch the last 20 seconds starting at 36:02.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/why-is-this-domain-too-expensive.1147945/page-2#post-7342150

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back