IT.COM

IS Divi Best Theme

NameSilo
Watch

IS Divi Best Theme

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    33.3%
  • No

votes
    50.0%
  • Not Sure!

votes
    16.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Gustavo-Woltmann

Restricted (50-70%)
Impact
I am talking about the best theme for a Wordpress site that is best for any niche. I think Divi is the best theme for Wordpress. But I am not sure about it. I have built many sites using Divi and I love it. Have you any idea of the best themes for WordPress. Then reply below!

Gustavo Woltmann.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never tested nor used Divi theme, but the one theme I admire above all others is GeneratePress, it's lightweight, easily customizable and limitless :)

•••
Divi is a nice framework & lots of options. I know people who are newer to WP site builds and they stand by Divi.

Personally, I use Genesis & have a bank of 12 Child Themes that are completely customizable. Genesis takes care of many of the SEO related things and structure your site properly (Meta, tags, etc., etc.)

But I am sure I have a heavy bias towards Genesis because of several years use - but I have used Divi & sure would like just as much over time.

But check out Genesis as you may like it & not sure where the cost is vs Divi though.

GL

•••
I am no expert in this field in any way, but here are my thoughts:

I do not think there is a "best theme" for all. It all depends on your own requirements and preferences for your project. The approach I've taken is to install and try out different themes. But when you have a page builder, as you do , I do not think the choice of theme is THAT critical. You can adjust your theme with your page builder and plugins to your needs anyway. That said, I would start as clean as possible to avoid clutter and unnecessary code. Also I would be very picky of plugins, and only install what I really need. You will want your website as lightweight, clean and fastloading as possible.

And I certainly agree with @jexi. Generate Press is a great theme, and take the right approach. Clean theme, no bloat, lightweight. You can customize, add custom code and add only what you need later. That's what I love about it. Very good price on the premium version, and you get 40% on the renewal. Also great support/support forum. And I bet they will have a nice discount on Black Friday, in a week.

Astra is a very popular theme, also lightweight, though not as lightweight as Generate Press. Astra have many users, and a big team behind it, afaik.

You could also check out Blocksy.

•••
I am talking about the best theme for a Wordpress site that is best for any niche. I think Divi is the best theme for Wordpress. But I am not sure about it. I have built many sites using Divi and I love it. Have you any idea of the best themes for WordPress. Then reply below!

Gustavo Woltmann.
I've worked with Divi WP sites almost since day one (I was an Elegant Themes member way back before Divi even existed).

1) Divi is a great theme. ET has a good team. It's a viable solution but....

2) Divi is a performance hog. Big time. If you have a site that will be heavy on resources, a lot of graphics/images/audio/video/etc, proceed with caution and use only the best hosting environment.

3) If you use Divi, grow a large site and decide to switch themes, that can be a headache (at best).

As others have said there's no "best" theme, just depends on your set-up, your capabilities, your hosting situation and your needs (ecommerce vs magazine/blog vs business site vs portfolio).

Hope that helps.

•••
I like Elementor and maybe Brizy.
Divi is a little too disorganized and customizable for me in my opinion, but I heard a lot of people like it.

•••
All constructors are crap.
The best theme has no constructor, it is simple, has a grid layout, and well designed top menu and footer.
The rest is possible to add into PHP files or as additional CSS.
The worst constructors are WPBakery and Visual Composer.
Elementor, Divi, etc are also crap.
Anyway, never build your site with a constructor, if you need to create blocks on the Homepage, just use <div> and CSS

Last edited:
•••
divi is also good but Elementor and visual composer are best.

Last edited:
•••
divi is also good but Elementor and visual composer are best.
let me guess, you are a newbie who has no idea how to modify even 1 CSS line, that's why you, poor creature, doesn't realize how ridiculous and crap are all these constructors, especially visual crap-poser

Last edited:
•••
Not sure whether it's best or not, but definitely heavily advertised now-a-days on various social media platforms.

Also, as someone already suggested earlier as well, the best theme depends on your use case. Whatever is most suitable for your need is best for you.

Always do keep migration in mind. The more flexible to migrate is definitely going to be a very good theme.

Last edited:
•••
Divi is great theme for wordpress. Nice frameworks and lightweight theme

•••
•••
I use divi all the time for client websites. Its easy enough for them to learn. There is tons that can be done customisation wise. There is always new stuff and improvements being made to it AND Elegant themes are super helpful when I have dumb css questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back