Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay Adam. I have sent you a refund request for $1500 right now since you are ready. I believe I have a legitimate claim. You agree?

•••
Seems like an extremely difficult task to find someone
  • known and respected by all involved
  • impartial
  • knowledgeable about all the services involved in these deals to make a fair decision
  • time available
  • willing to put themselves in the middle of this mess

•••
As an example: Would you call it a legitimate complaint if we built a website for someone for $299 and the website was completed but they wanted a refund because they didn't get traffic or the business hasn't made a sale and after the handover they have done nothing?

No, but I would consider taking $1500 from somebody to build a website, handing it over unfinished and without the promised "industry contact", and then ignoring numerous requests for issues to be fixed or to be refunded, to be a legitimate complaint.

•••
As an example: Would you call it a legitimate complaint if we built a website for someone for $299 and the website was completed but they wanted a refund because they didn't get traffic or the business hasn't made a sale and after the handover they have done nothing?

One person wants a refund after 14 months with no contact since the site was done 14 months ago, is that legitimate? Would you refund that?

•••
Not looking for any shield, I am in fronm of it trying to now do the right thing.
Then just issue the refunds, if you have the funds.

•••
No, but I would consider taking $1500 from somebody to build a website, handing it over unfinished and without the promised "industry contact", and then ignoring numerous requests for issues to be fixed or to be refunded, to be a legitimate complaint.
This I agree with.

•••

That depends on what you had promised them. If you promised to built a site for $299 and no traffic or sales guarantees then its up to them to decide to bring legal action against you. IMO. If you claimed that your $299 product would increase traffic and sales, well, then they need to prove it did not. If the can, you should refund them. If not, they can decide what to do next.

•••

More distraction. You address that directly with the client. You communicate and try to come to agreement.

•••
I asked fo
One person wants a refund after 14 months with no contact since the site was done 14 months ago, is that legitimate? Would you refund that?

I asked for the information for quite some time even went I bough it. You said: Sit tight, I am taking care of it"

Then for the next 7 months I was working 60-70 a week on your projects with great expectations. I was busy enough chasing the dream that you made us believe.

Then 4 months continuously emailing you and meetings not being honored, get this, getting that, and you and I going back and forth in email is.

If you want we can post the back and forth. Would you agree to that? Since you don't have anything to hide and mine is not legitimate.

Last edited:
•••

Yes, obviously there are going to be people that make unreasonable requests, but if, as you acknowledge, there are people with legitimate payment requests then why should their payouts be held up while you work out what to do with the others?

•••
Okay Adam. I have sent you a refund request for $1500 right now since you are ready. I believe I have a legitimate claim. You agree?
I will find you on Skype in 30 Minutes .

•••

No. But you have already stated that there are legitimate complaints on this thread, if only a few, why not refund those few, state that you have done so, and then tell the others that they are opportunists and to contact a lawyer if they think they have a case.

Stating quite clearly that you acknowledge there are customers deserving of a refund and then suggesting that you appoint an arbitrator is bizarre, how about you refund those who you already believe deserve a refund, and tell the rest to go F themselves.... wouldn't that be normal behaviour?

•••
Yes, obviously there are going to be people that make unreasonable requests, but if, as you acknowledge, there are people with legitimate payment requests then why should their payouts be held up while you work out what to do with the others?
They shouldn't.

•••
No. But you have already stated that there are legitimate complaints on this thread, if only a few, why not refund those few, state that you have done so, and then tell the others that they are opportunists and to contact a lawyer if they think they have a case.

Stating quite clearly that you acknowledge there are customers deserving of a refund and then suggesting that you appoint an arbitrator is bizarre, how about you refund those who you already believe deserve a refund, and tell the rest to go F themselves.... wouldn't that be normal behaviour?
The ones I know of I am working on today.

•••
This is real life, bigger than a domain post and these issues need to be settled by a real arbitrator, Frank Schilling has no power or authority. Nor would Rick, Eric anyone.
Seems like an extremely difficult task to find someone
  • known and respected by all involved
  • impartial
  • knowledgeable about all the services involved in these deals to make a fair decision
  • time available
  • willing to put themselves in the middle of this mess

Bottom line you have to be an arbitrator and on top of all that,

The arbitrator's decision is -nown as the award. The award is final and binding on both
parties.
The arbitrator has no powers to enforce an award but the parties may apply to the High Court
to have the award enforced as a judgment.

So the process would guarantee nothing.

I think there should be a website created for public view where those with legitimate claims can post,

I purchased ****** on 1/1/???? I never received what I purchased, or asked for a refund etc...

So then there is a record of all the claims.

•••
•••
Reputation repair may be needed. Maybe my site will have some value, or be of some service. www.ReputationRepairSolutions.com I picked that up after a domain sherpa show, which I havent watched for a while

•••
•••
They shouldn't.

Do you have anything at all to say about why it had to come to this for you to take care of admittedly legitimate claims?

•••

You shouldn't refund that if what you said is true. They will no remedy legally if you can show proper delivery. It is the cases of LannyB that has everyone upset. Until that person posted this thread went from about 60 - 40 to 98 - 2 against you. I think get the legitimate people taken care of, people here deal with unreasonable people all the time and will support you on those request In my opinion, only my opinion.

•••
There are not as many as you think, you need to remember that this story that was sent to Shane was all started by employees that were terminated/left the company and yes that I tried to grow it too fast with some good people and some of the wrong people. My fault, I was the CEO. Businesses fail.
Incidentally, it took way too long, but all these employees are paid in full. It's no surprise that they day after the last one was paid the story came out.

•••
Incidentally, it took way too long, but all these employees are paid in full. It's no surprise that they day after the last one was paid the story came out.

Now that's the biggest contradiction post I've ever seen in my life.
Everyone is paid but if you have a claim contact me????

•••
There are not as many as you think, you need to remember that this story that was sent to Shane was all started by employees that were terminated/left the company and yes that I tried to grow it too fast with some good people and some of the wrong people. My fault, I was the CEO. Businesses fail.
It's pretty obvious that it's much more then ex-employees for Michael Cyger to say this

[16:08:43] Michael Cyger: i always defend you, adam, and give you the benefit of the doubt because there are always 2 sides to every story. but there are enough people that have come to me that I cannot ignore them. they include sponsors, people following the show, and sherpas. and i feel terrible not being able to give you specific details, but i feel like i’d be breaking their confidence. and, honestly, i don’t want to get in the middle and try to figure out all the details.

•••
Now that's the biggest contradiction post I've ever seen in my life.
Everyone is paid but if you have a claim contact me????

I think he's saying the inner-inner circle people who worked on his businesses and were all given 'vice president' job titles have all been paid, those who appear to be waiting for payments now seem to be mostly customers of his niche websites business building 'lead generation' sites.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back