IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adam may have over-promised. Most companies do. Why are we still buying unstable o/s and defective systems? Why does NASA & Musk still risk lives by sending rockets to space?

Is that being criminal? Adam is making efforts to resolve this. Give him his due. Some may have a genuine complaint against Adam, but most of you are just eager to bring someone down.

Do you get the size and quality sandwich you see aired on TV? No!

This is how the world works. To allude someone as a criminal is excessive and uncalled for. All of you vote for your elected officials based on the promises they make. They then, stab you in the back.

I am not defending Adam, as I do not know all the facts much as many of you don't, but this thread is simply overkill. Pretty beardboy with canine by his side is not the angel without an agenda of his own.
Dicker is making efforts to resolve this because he got caught and because of Shane's efforts with this blog. Period. What are you talking about?

•••
I have access to the software, and he is sending some clients my way. We'll likely get something in writing to confirm what he's going to do for me to make things up before I feel like we're really on the same page, and so I know he's really going to make a major effort. I'm just letting everyone know that we're in the process of working it out. If we don't make some real headway, I haven't lost anything by trying to work anything out. I think Adam knows that if he wants me to let people know he's made things right, he is going to have to follow through. We're not there yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

My goal in coming forward was to warn people about what happened and try to get myself back on track. Adam seems willing to talk, so that's the stage we're at. I'll gladly keep you posted.

If I had any skin in the game this time, that might be true. There's no shame in giving Adam a chance to work things out. If he helps, that's great. If he doesn't, lots of people will know that he flaked again. I'm not asking for a fat paycheck from him to keep me quiet as many people seem to think I should.

Don't shortchange yourself in regards to your expectations of Dicker's reparations to you. Your time and work are worth something. Value it. Once this is done, you can't go back. Make him make it truly right by you.

•••
I don't think there's anyone in the world who is stupid enough to put the picture of the CEO of Yahoo as his staff. Most likely it's done by an disgruntled (ex?) employee.

But we still can't deny the intent to inflate the size of the team to impress? To deceive?

Now I wonder how many real people are working for his other businesses.
So even if ex. Employee did add that photo qhat does that make him as a company owner? You dont check your website? That is not an execuse ex employee

•••
I've almost completed reading everything in this thread, and while I in the beginning was kind of excited about the entertainment factor, I'm now, after reading everything, just sad.

•••
I feel sorry for both parties here.

This will ruin Adam's reputation and career. Who would like do do business with him after this? I know I would not. He seemed to be a nice guy and he has given alot of newbies good tips (and bad ones as well). As many times before - it all seemed too good and easy to be true.

On the other hand I feel terribly sorry for all the people that feel that they have been scammed and lost their money and time. Anybody can lose $1000 on a bad business deal, get it back and leave it all behind. The time that they have put into it is not as easy to get back.

•••
Do you get the size and quality sandwich you see aired on TV? No!

I don't pay thousands of dollars for a sandwich. I pay around $7 at Subway. If I paid Subway $3k for my sandwich, and they handed me a tiny piece of crap, I'd call the police.

Call the police.

•••
I have access to the software, and he is sending some clients my way. We'll likely get something in writing to confirm what he's going to do for me to make things up before I feel like we're really on the same page, and so I know he's really going to make a major effort. I'm just letting everyone know that we're in the process of working it out. If we don't make some real headway, I haven't lost anything by trying to work anything out. I think Adam knows that if he wants me to let people know he's made things right, he is going to have to follow through. We're not there yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

My goal in coming forward was to warn people about what happened and try to get myself back on track. Adam seems willing to talk, so that's the stage we're at. I'll gladly keep you posted.

If I had any skin in the game this time, that might be true. There's no shame in giving Adam a chance to work things out. If he helps, that's great. If he doesn't, lots of people will know that he flaked again. I'm not asking for a fat paycheck from him to keep me quiet as many people seem to think I should.

While your passivity - given the backstory you shared here - probably causes some here to suspect Stockholm Syndrome at play, if it works for you and you're satisfied with the resolution that is all that matters. I'm not sure anyone has advocated you get compensated for silence. If anything, it's been the ongoing silence of many that let this thing grow to a crescendo. It's a positive you're moving forward feeling comfortable with your continued working relationship.

While the domaining community ranges from all types, sorts, cultures, bank accounts....etc, the strong reactions here are probably sourced in numerous perspectives, known and not. Some people - even if they're a 10 domain portfolio of hand regs - take this as a personal reflection on them. Some people are angry that they operate in integrity, but see the lesser of character reap the rewards. Some just like a good ol' fall of grace. Some want to see a long suspected charlatan get exposed to the light. Others still, may readily recognize that there are people in this industry that don't even really domain anymore - they're just vampires preying on the new and the naive.

Adam Dicker probably does overpromise and underdeliver sometimes. That happens. Likewise, Adam Dicker preys on the new and naive. Sure, it's greed operating on both sides of the equation; the initiates want that "s**tloads of money", Adam wants them to cough up $250 to videotape himself evaluating and appraising their domains. Whatever works. He isn't the only one operating in that fashion, and he won't be the last; he is held to a higher standard because of his reputation and position of influence though.

At the end of the day, no matter what gloss and glitz is draped over this "industry", it's pretty much just a haven for.....

usedcarsalesman.jpg

•••

People don't change overnight. He's been doing this stuff long enough and has done it to enough people that it's fair to conclude that being deceptive is part of his nature. It's possible that he's turned a corner, but I'd assume the opposite until he's proven himself trustworthy over an extended period of time. It's great that he's trying to make things right RIGHT NOW, but how's he going to behave once the heat is taken off of him? Will he be terribly concerned about a public complaint from you in a few months when yours might be the only voice of complaint?

A dollar value can be placed on everything he's offering you. I'd suggest figuring out what that value is and asking for it. If he doesn't have the money, ask him to pay you in domains or in some other way where you're getting something tangible TODAY. Whether you have skin in the game or not, if you feel you're owed something, why not collect it while you have a chance?

•••
•••
So even if ex. Employee did add that photo qhat does that make him as a company owner? You dont check your website? That is not an execuse ex employee

no when my site is done
I dont check it no more

•••
Just an FYI Shane Cultra noted that he had a friend who had been scammed by Adam too.

http://domainshane.com/domainshanes-big-list-domain-auction-picks-friday-october-9th-2015/
Shane-with your efforts on this blog re Dicker you've probably saved many people not only money but lots of headaches. As to Mr Dicker "making everything right" etc- of course he is because he got caught-period. That's not to say he can't right the ship in the future but what he's doing now is simply, as I've stated, because he was caught.

•••
no when my site is done
I dont check it no more

You are a funny man. I can see the sarcasm. As a company CEO or whatever, it is unacceptable then again my friend, when someone did all those horrible things to his employees like Lanny and also his customers , then I am dont know WHY on earth I am surprised with those photos on his team's page.

I shoulnt be surprised.

•••
Adam Dicker probably does overpromise and underdeliver sometimes. That happens. Likewise, Adam Dicker preys on the new and naive. Sure, it's greed operating on both sides of the equation; the initiates want that "s**tloads of money", Adam wants them to cough up $250 to videotape himself evaluating and appraising their domains. Whatever works. He isn't the only one operating in that fashion, and he won't be the last; he is held to a higher standard because of his reputation and position of influence though.

I would miss his videos
as I personally learned a lot in short time

I would feel sorry , if in the end would we all lose an entertaining way to learn about domaing

If you have closer look
the price of a domain evaluation is depending on portfolio size
if you don't want a video taped which is promoting you and your domains
the price is only $68.99 for a 10 domain portfolio
and only $198 for 100 domains

I think that's a very fair price

I haven't seen anybody complaining of Adam not delivering
when we talk about his domain evaluation

I think he is brilliant in that

So a loss to all to us
is what needs to be put into the validation
when we talk about damage

-----------------------------

New Domain and Portfolio Review

• Get your domain or domain portfolio evaluated by Adam Dicker. You will know what to do with your domains after the evaluation. On the video here you can see a recent evaluation with some great advice. For a domain review exceeding 500 domains please contact [email protected] for a custom quote. If you order over a 100 domain portfolio you:
    • You are automatically eligible for a video recording of the portfolio review
    • You are automatically eligable for a live review on Skype with Adam Dicker
    • You are entitled to a 10% discount discount on a product on NicheWebsites.com
    A discount for this product may apply and will be shown in the cart.
  • Total amount to be reviewed
    Select the quantity of domains closest to your actual order.

• Click the additional options
    above 100 domains these options are free!!
    • Video recording of the review |50" id="choice_1_8_1" tabindex="2" type="checkbox"> Video recording of the review +$50.00
    • Live review on Skype with Adam |50" id="choice_1_8_2" tabindex="3" type="checkbox"> Live review on Skype with Adam +$50.00

• Monetizing Advice for top ten of your portfolio +$50.00
  • Total
    $68.99

•••
Shane-with your efforts on this blog re Dicker you've probably saved many people not only money but lots of headaches. As to Mr Dicker "making everything right" etc- of course he is because he got caught-period. That's not to say he can't right the ship in the future but what he's doing now is simply, as I've stated, because he was caught.

I agree.

People are misunderstanding the level of respect I've given him in the 2nd half of this thread.

We aren't best buddies, I haven't been paid off, and I'm not leaving anyone behind.

My original tone was intended to start a fire that no one could ignore. That goal was met within the 1st day.

However, we have to pivot and give him a chance to right some of the wrongs. If we continue to attack he has no incentive to make good.

•••
I would miss his videos

I would feel sorry , if in the end would we all lose an entertaining way to learn about domaing

If you have closer look

So a loss to all to us

• Get your domain or domain portfolio evaluated by Adam Dicker. You will know what to do with your domains after the evaluation. On the video here you can see a recent evaluation with some great advice. For a domain review exceeding 500 domains please contact [email protected] for a custom quote. If you order over a 100 domain portfolio you:

• Video recording of the review |50" id="choice_1_8_1" tabindex="2" type="checkbox"> Video recording of the review +$50.00
    • Live review on Skype with Adam |50" id="choice_1_8_2" tabindex="3" type="checkbox"> Live review on Skype with Adam +$50.00

• Total
    $68.99

I think you missed the gist of my post - what Adam Dicker charges for his services wasn't it.

•••
I would miss his videos

If you have closer look

So a loss to all to us

• Total
    $68.99

Please stop consistently trying to justify this guys BULLSHIT!

•••
Does anyone know how to contact the Canadian version of the IRS? I would guess that a person with a non-existent or, at best, messy bookkeeping system combined with a non-existent or, at best, loose code of ethics and a blatant disregard for the law would be a prime candidate for a tax audit. I would not be surprised if that was the next big shoe to drop in this guy's story.

•••
If there are still issues that exist please email me at [email protected] and i will work on getting them resolved.

•••
CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency)

•••
Does anyone know how to contact the Canadian version of the IRS? I would guess that a person with a non-existent or, at best, messy bookkeeping system combined with a non-existent or, at best, loose code of ethics and a blatant disregard for the law would be a prime candidate for a tax audit. I would not be surprised if that was the next big shoe to drop in this guy's story.

Who are you and are you prepared to disclose any interest you have in this story. What is your role in this, are you a victim, somebody who is associated with a victim, somebody who has been asked by a victim to represent them, a neutral observer (I'll rule that one out), or are you somebody who has a vested interest in seeing Adam Dicker disappear, e.g. a competitor? A journalist?

I feel that it would be of benefit to this thread and in the interest of balance if people started asking questions of all participants, not just one.

•••
It's no one business if this man pays his taxes or not. What the fuck is going on? So off topic....

•••
It's no one business if this man pays his taxes or not. What the f*ck is going on? So off topic....

Especially if you are not a Canadian national or resident.

•••
This thread should be closed, the last few pages are irrelevant to the topic... Just a bunch of dudes that didn't read the first 50-ish pages....

•••
This thread should be closed, the last few pages are irrelevant to the topic... Just a bunch of dudes that didn't read the first 50 pages....

Problem is we have no way to hold him accountable if this thread is closed.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back