Dynadot

iPowerWeb

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Reviews and information for iPowerWeb

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Worst by far

By far, this is the worst registrar that I came across. The pricing was nice.... when I confirmed my order, I was told that it will be completed soon. In just some 12 hours my credit card has been charged, no login details whatsoever. A little while after that, I got my openSRS logins and passwords (I bought 4 domains), and was unable to login. A quick 30-minute call (20 minutes spent on hold) resolved nothing at first, second call resulted in an explanation; I was sent wrong login details.

Result: if you're short on cash, go with them; out of 4 domains that I bought, only 3 were registered, I had to call to get the 4th registered, without an apology or anything. Although there IS someone on the phone, waiting half an hour on hold is not really fun.

•••
Review

terrible. i regged a name, and was never contacted about it. i don't know if it was regged. i don't know if they will charge my credit card. waste of time.

•••
Review

I've registered a couple of .com's with them for 2.49$ (quite a catch!)
They are extremely slow, after 10 hours they charged the CC, and domains have been activated after 24hrs. They gave me an openSRS account to manage domains. Since it was impossible to setup A records or any dns settings, i decided to change DNS servers.
The domain was locked, so before changing dns servers i had to email the tech.dept for domains unlocking. Then i changed dns and now domains are fully working for just 2.49$, not bad.
The live online help is not bad, they reply at every hour even if they are pretty slow answering.

•••
I hear hosting companies give worst domain name service

•••
vokkerzen said:
I hear hosting companies give worst domain name service
Well not necessarily, but generally the larger webhosting companies have no clue about domain registration, and thus lack any reliability in terms of domains. A webhosting company without a separate division for domains is one to stay away from, since they are likely to suspend/take over your domain and use it as collateral when something wrong happens with your webhosting account.

Just make sure who you're dealing with, and check what kind of "registar" they are: is the domain considered a separate service, or not?

•••
PolurNET said:
A webhosting company without a separate division for domains is one to stay away from, since they are likely to suspend/take over your domain and use it as collateral when something wrong happens with your webhosting account.
This statement is a bit off and I believe your merely saying this because you guys have a "division". Bottom line is its like everything else. You have to find the right company. Division or no division.

•••
Well no, I was referring to the fact that domains and webhosting should be TWO different services, so that if a customer cancels their hosting, they still have full access over their domain. One of the ways to assure something fair like this occurs is to have two different divisions or companies, so that customers have a peace-of-mind when registering a domain separately from hosting. If it's all in the same company, then there is no guarantee the host would let go of the domain

•••
And now, back to the reviews on iPowerWeb please.

:)

•••
Lame

I've never seen a slower service in my life. Takes like 5 days to update NS. Pages take like 50 second to load. The only feature you get that works is DNS updating, and even that takes several tries. Avoid this registrar at all costs.

•••
Are they doing registrations manually? It seemed to take a lifetime

•••
marisolblue said:
Are they doing registrations manually? It seemed to take a lifetime

I think so and it is a pain because they do not accept paypal.

Time ago I tried to transfer a domain via credit card and 2 days after place my order someone of the staff got in touch with me offering apologies and asking for some documents to be faxed before start the process :td:

•••
It sounded like they just wanted to make sure the order was not fraudulent

•••
Horrendous customer service. Terrible technical systems.

I cannot believe customer service could get any worse anywhere than what I've found with iPower. I am still trying to gain full control panel/nameserver access to domains purchased through iPower six weeks ago! So far, they have yet to send me usernames and passwords that work. In another case, a domain I really wanted remained available for over 24 hours *after* I'd paid iPower for it. In fact, after a few hours of seeing that, I was able to register the domain through another registrar. I heard not one word from iPower about it. And today, 3 hours on the phone and no problems are yet resolved. iPower = iProblems

•••
Review

It's sucks... The first day They told me will send my login details in 3 hours then next day they say give them 12 to 24 hours.. now they say their domain control panel got problem... give them another 12-24 hours max and they will have it fixed.... I want to get the domain back... I want to transfer it away after 90 days... shit... Ipower sucks.. Reason follows reasons. I just want to setup my web site... Do i had to wait 90 days?

•••
Did you just cancel the order? If it took three days I would just ask for my money back

•••
On WHT these guys are slammed all the time. I would not trust em

•••
horrible

First of all they dont register in real time, they require many days to do it and eventually your order gets lost. Their support guys are idiots they just dont realize that spending 30 minutes oversea on phone is more than anything you could buy from them.

•••
Exasperating

I just read at domainingblog the $2.95 reg fee at ipowerweb.com and thought: what the hell?.... and that's what has become the process: a hell on earth!!

Since friday I've writed/talked about 6 or 7 times with support team (live chat and e-mail) and, still, I don't know how the @#&% where to go to manage the domain name (of course, they billed me on time).

Anybody has suffered this before?.

Is there a URL to log-in and manage the domain name?
Is there a username/password e-mail that I never received?

This is a clear example that, sometimes, cheap things become expensive.

•••
Review

I was charged $8.25 on my card when I registered a .com. I contacted billing, was on hold for 40 mins then went to voice mail.

Customer service agreed that its their mistake, but I can not reach billing by phone. No reply to my email since 2 days.

Unless you have time and energy , to fight for your money back, stay away from them.

•••
Agreed, cust service is awful, interface is terrible, but, hey! prices are cheap!
I've used for parking, but it's almost not worth the hassle.

Great prices terrible everything else. Avoid, not worth the hassle and time.

•••
Happened once trying to transfer a domain, and once again trying to register a new domain at only $2.95, great price, annoying messages.

Few seconds after complete the order:

Thank you for your purchase! This message is to inform you that your order has
been received and will be processed shortly.

Your account is being processed for $2.95. You will receive an account setup confirmation within the next 24 hours with instructions on how to access your account. If you have any questions regarding this invoice, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. We appreciate your business and look forward to a great relationship!

Thank You,
The iPower Team

3 hours later:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent web hosting order. Unfortunately we are unable to process your order at this time due to verification. To proceed with the activation of your account, please fax a legible copy of both sides of the credit card listed on the order, as well as a copy of the cardholder's identification. Please clearly state your domain(s) name in the fax.

Please fax the information to (602) 307-5438.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, these steps are to ensure your protection as a consumer.

If you do not wish to fax your information you also have the option to send a check or money order. You may send your check or money order payment to the following address:

Billing Department
iPowerWeb Inc.
919 East Jefferson St, Suite A
Phoenix
AZ 85034

Bearing in mind it was friday at midnight, it's more likely they would reply until saturday morning if not on Monday.

When someone wants to purchase a domain is RIGHT NOW! before someone else takes it first.

Agree regarding fraud prevention, but when they are asking you for the 3 digits security code is more likely the card is yours, particularly when many other registrars and service providers can proceed your order immediatly with or without such 3 digits.

Even worst, how do we prevent fraud from them?... if they are unable to proceed an order without faxing documents, then what for they capture our credit card numbers?

From my side there will not be a third attempt to get any service from iPowerWeb :td:

Always better Registerfly though not as cheap, and then Dynadot, DomainSite, United-Domains.de and even Godaddy which I don't like at all but using it anyway.

Last edited:
•••
This company is ROTTEN in every respect-WORST EVER!

I bought over 30 domains there before i found out how crappy they are.Customer service is less than zero.Also 98% of the passwords for my domains failed completely to work.At least 2 weeks to return email,no way to call to a live person.Even the emailthe takes 2 weeks to return is robotic and stupid.PITIFULL COMPANY.I HOPE THEY GO UNDER SOON.

•••
READ BEFORE YOU BUY !

Hi folk, ipowerweb.com's Domain for 2.95 is a Fraud: Here is what they do; I purchased a domain thinking that its so cheap, they charged my CC 3x2.95 for one year. They kept charging my account, and they know you can fight for 2.95 to get it back.. THE GOOD think is , i used my Paypal MasterCard; which didn't allow them to have more than 3 transactions, else they would have charged me more and more...

So, if you want a domain, buy it from a Good Domain Host company, pay 6.95 or $9, instead of buying from this company..

NOTE: The domain setting is very complicated, i couldn't find a way to manage the DNS information.

If anyone knows how i can have a legal action against them, please let me know...

Tnx guyz;

They are Fraud... they charged my account 3 times for one transaction, and got no refund..

•••
horrible reputation, and yet its overrated

I have had 1 experience with iPowerWeb. I see that it has a half-star rating here - it is overrated big time. Luckily they didn't charge my credit card, which was fitting considering they didn't register any of the avilable domain names I had supposedly registered with them, and wouldn't do anything if I called them except tell me that the names were registered and it took a certain amount of time to set up an account - yet after 4 full days no registration. (if they did charge my card the charge would have been disputed anyway)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back